Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

Yay, now led last two games in scoring. Also new high 20 kills with 2.0 k/d in the last one.

Both losses. I guess if I'm the best player on your team you're in trouble lol.

I also got the ten kill streak 200/10,000 bounty, never knew there was a bounty that high.

Editz: Just turned in another 20 kill game...that time I was second but at least we won.

The only IB bounty today I haven't completed is that machine gun spree one, and I just turned in two sprees on the same clip last game, so it shouldn't be hard.

Honestly I hardly feel there's a gun that can out gunfight Mida at any kind of range. Thorn is the only opposing gun that feels a bit OP since it has such a low TTK even at long range. Last Word doesn't have a chance against my Mida beyond a few yards. Yeah Mida's TTK is "only" .90, but you have to think how it just chews people up at longer ranges, making it a lot better than that number.

I can outstrafe opposing snipers with the radiant dance machines and Mida too. It's hard for them to get a bead, I move laterally back and forth and pump them full of lead. I dont think it's really a good strategy because you are still at high risk of losing but it's a fun test of skill.

Last edited:
About Felwinters, I have the "new" version with Shotpackage+Kneepads but people running around with the old one have Hammer Forged too so you have a range disadvantage. I really don't like the weapon because it feels so slow. IMHO only really ok if you're a Blink+Shotgun guy.

Hmm, maybe I should just reroll my party crasher. I just need to do the homework on how to roll it, and I've been lazy. Plus I dont want to spend a lot of parts. Especially before we find out the new meta in TTK. I mean I suspect shotguns could still be good, but it could be all new desirable shotguns, sidearms, who knows. I figure I can just buy the Felwinters and roll with the vendor, ahem, roll, for maximum easy, plus it gives me some reason for grinding IB I guess.

I managed my best game in total today with MIDA on Pantheon and got my first Reign of Terror. 13K/D with 26 kills, 5 assists and 5960 score.

That's way above my level.

I've had a couple ten+ streaks now and as far as I remember there isn't a whole lot of fanfare. I mean I barely knew I had such a long streak. I think it could use a little more flash on your screen for long streaks, albeit I dont want it to turn into Unreal Tournament style Mortal Kombat announcer zaniness or anything. I really like the medals and the game gives out very satisfying feedback mostly, but maybe a few more medals could be in order or something. Just a tad more oomph.

Another new kill high! 23, 5220 score. 2.88 or something k/d, led team and we won for a change.

That time I just gutted em with arc blade, I think I got about 4-5 kills each of 2 blades, they sucked, kind of clustered around their control point, the one they could hang onto, so when I got in there with arc blade it was a slaughterhouse.

Maybe it just coincides with Mida, but I've done far better on Iron Banner so far than normal crucible. Destiny Tracker shows I have a 1.12 k/d so far in IB.

Last edited:
Man the New Hammer Super of Titan feels exactly the same as my Sunsinger throwing grenades ! No difference at all. THey just put a hammer instead of a Grenade and called it a new super ! What! The smaller hangs are cool, but the main super is the same.

Maybe it just coincides with Mida, but I've done far better on Iron Banner so far than normal crucible. Destiny Tracker shows I have a 1.12 k/d so far in IB.

I'm also better in IB. I'm not sure if it's the fire team selection or because people play more focused as a team.

Man the New Hammer Super of Titan feels exactly the same as my Sunsinger throwing grenades ! No difference at all. THey just put a hammer instead of a Grenade and called it a new super ! What! The smaller hangs are cool, but the main super is the same.

After watching the new strike video with a far more dynamic fight I don't look forward to the nightfall at all. With troll modifiers like "Grounded" this will be a really frustrating experience.

in the intro mission,

w
e are not affected by Oryx's ball of darkness. then ghost said something like 'it need living host'. Does this mean we are not alive?

when we are running away from the cabal base, zavalla said our ship is waiting at specific location. while usually we just beamed/teleported to the ship. is our ship or ghost got damaged? (probably on the space battle thing?)

Another new best game, 27 kills 3.0 k/d, led team, won! Other team sucked as usual the case for when I do good. Unfortunately no 10 kill bounty though I probably got close a couple times, that was probably a golden opportunity since the other team was so bad.

Funny my first few games today were just awful, started off with like 6 straight losses, couldn't kill crap, very frustrated. Granted that competition plays a big role, I'm wildly erratic.I'm back to Red Death...I noticed being outgunned in most Red Death v Mida duels so I switched back...perhaps in TTK Mida will get buffed. I do really like the third eye perk so now I'm running Knucklehead Radar with Red Death. Dont really like the side effects of this as Radar has strength (sadly just like Dance Machines) and no fast melee speed or other useful perk. I should probably learn to live without third eye. It's also kind of disorienting that non primarys dont have it, so just getting used to one way might be best.

I wonder if you could roll that Hopscotch Pilgrim with third eye so I could use a helmet with better perks? That'd be neat. If I could get it, understand it's quiet the grind. I wont ever get The Messenger...

Funny I guess I'm grinding just to get level 4, just to prove to myself I could do it, and buy the Felwinters (I'm about halfway between 3 and 4), but really it's pointless, I already have Party Crasher and Matador, I just dont want to reroll them until TTK. At least the game shows my Found Verdict has more range than that Felwinters (but shot package may be effective range beyond the bar graph?). I guess I'll buy the ONE Etheric light for level 3 too, whoop de do...they really should have let you buy like at least three Etheric at level 3 and 3 at 5 level to make the rewards matter. I mean you still gotta grind glimmer for them anyway. I guess that's me though doing all my grinding on the weekdays, some guy grinding on the weekend probably might not feel much grind at all.

Oh and a Timurs Lash dropped for me. I used to want that but not now, in PVE it'd be useless without a burn and nobody uses it in PVP. Still kept it though.

Edit: Quickly made rank 4 IB today, did not take very long, actually in that 27 kill game I did get a lot of the bounties including the 10 kill spree one. So I got that one 2/3 days I played, never would have thought I could achieve a level of play to enable that...

Now just have to farm glimmer, I upgraded my Knuck Radar (I had it with all the circles unlocked but not filled out) once I switched to Red Death, and it wiped out like 5k glimmer alone. I'll just buy the cloak and Felwinters, dont need the EL, so thats about 9k of glimmer to farm at exclusion zone.

And now I really want that Hopscotch Pilgrim, a true beast...best Pulse for sure, you can actually max the stability on it. Look at this stability monster

But I asked about it on reddit and some good points were brought up, namely that it wont be ascendable in TTK, so not so good for Trials/IB. But in theory still good for regular crucible. And actually there's some possibility the nerfs are so light it doesn't matter even in IB (EG guy using 293 attack weapon and losing very little damage in IB). Also a guy told me he ground 4 weeks and 400 strikes for it...not worth that! At ten minutes a strike thats over 60 hours...and on top of all that Bungie mentioned "medium RoF pulse rifles" are getting a slight nerf in 2.0 (meant to make them either a 2 or 3 burst kill depending on opponent armor). I'm not sure if Pilgrim qualifies as a medium RoF pulse, but I fear it just might.

Got my Suros T-shirt in, it's sweet, hope it holds up quality wise. It says to cold wash and dont tumble dry on a insert that came with it, yet the actual tag on the shirt indicates thats fine. Since there's no way I'm going to treat it separate than all my other clothes I hope warm washing and tumble dry doesn't hurt it. I hope wearing it around some people recognize it and approach me, that'd be neat.

Last edited:
I lost a Hopscotch Pilgrim because of a postmaster overflow 2 months ago. I didn't even realize back then that it dropped from a handful of Dragon strikes I've played since HoW and not IB.

Anyway, I still use a 3LW occasionally which has Spray/Play, Perfect Balance and Counter Balance which is the same high damage PR class. Long Range, laser precision with a slight down tick but the flaw of the weapon is that its timing is a tick too slow in close encounters against Red Death/TLW/Thorn. Then the outgunned feeling creeps in.

I haven't bothered attempting to get Hopscotch because I have an arc/void/solar Messenger and Messenger already has all the perks that I would want in a pulse rifle (head-seaker, perfect balance, third-eye and good sights. Also extended mag for PVE). But I didn't know hopscotch had higher aim assist. Not sure if it's worth it or not.

Last night on IB on Anomaly I ran into the first Titan Bubble fire team with a Gunslinger/Wizard for offense. They spawned 4 bubbles in the left tunnel/sideway to the middle control point. You could only really attack a shield/titan from the side while the rest was protected by the tunnel. They only won 18460/15020 and my random team was down to 4 players once because people dropped out. Not sure if they just fooled around to test a strategy but it felt really strange.

I hit IB rank 4 pretty early Friday then stopped. The grind was real but not too bad. And the temper is really low during the week.

Now I just need to farm 7k glimmer Monday and buy Felwinters.

I think it's smart to basically just play matches til you complete all the bounties every day that you wish to play, then stop. (at least this time they were all very achievable, possibly excepting the ten kill streak one, I assume they change every time). This will maximize your productivity. The bounties are really where the big gains are every day. Heck on Monday I believe you get 332 rep per 100 bounty, so 5 decently easy bounties alone =1650 rep. That's damn near a level. Then if you get the 200 one you get like almost 700 for that alone.

Also now my schedule is such I probably could get in a few hours on Monday in a pinch. Temper is so high on Monday if I wanted I could easily achieve lv5.

I think I will try for Hopscotch Pilgrim a little during the week but probably not too much. There's a lot of good arguments in both sides whether it's worth grinding for with TTK approaching. Somebody claimed there's a 10% chance of a legendary weapon dropping in a dragon strike, and the loot table is 12 guns. So this means on average you should get Pilgrim after 120 strikes or about 20 hours at 10 minutes per (of course it can be much more or less, being random). Still a lot of grind.

If your postmaster is full with IB weapons(which you better keep for TTK as they give legendary marks on dismantling) you better don't play Dragon Strikes. I did that last time and they spilled my postmaster with engrams I couldn't see. I've only played 3-4 games and all there was gone and I lost a stored Hopscotch Pilgrim there.

Starting to love sniping in ToO. Played it almost entirely using sniper for the past 3 weeks. Getting pretty decent at it now. Only used shotgun if the team was aggressive. In regular crucible I generally prefer shotguns though because I like to play aggressive.

Trying to max out my ToO True Skill rating on Destinytracker.com. Currently my True Skill rating is 40 and the max is 50. ToO is by far my favorite thing in Destiny right now.

If your postmaster is full with IB weapons(which you better keep for TTK as they give legendary marks on dismantling) you better don't play Dragon Strikes. I did that last time and they spilled my postmaster with engrams I couldn't see. I've only played 3-4 games and all there was gone and I lost a stored Hopscotch Pilgrim there.
In pretty sure bungie stated that only year 2 guns and armor give you marks for dismantling them. Unfortunately iron banner waepons don't give you motes of light when you dismantle them.

in the intro mission,

w
e are not affected by Oryx's ball of darkness. then ghost said something like 'it need living host'. Does this mean we are not alive?

when we are running away from the cabal base, zavalla said our ship is waiting at specific location. while usually we just beamed/teleported to the ship. is our ship or ghost got damaged? (probably on the space battle thing?)
That is mentioned in The THorn Gro\imoire too. Light is making us animated, when bruised we don't bleed. There is a lot of stuff in that game which is never told and almost gone now.
Lets hope TTk brings some of it to the fore.

Gonna go back to PVE a bit this week, start prepping for TTK a bit, going to:

-Get a bunch of PE packages and store them (already started this a week ago on one character)
-Edge one faction (since you can only pledge one faction per week anyway) and Vanguard and Crucible (depends how close each character is though)
-Get 10 5k bounties each char (probably dont really have to do this until next week)
-Do weeklies (have been slacking, but strange coins will be valuable for TTK, I have 500+ but more is good)
-I already have 5 sparks of light or whatever they're called. Good there.

Planet Destiny has a good video on it.

Probably try to roll my perfect Party Crasher. Somebody on reddit mentioned it may get harder to roll because TTK could introduce new perks diluting chances, so now might be a good time. I have 600 parts...

Actually wouldn't surprise me if Sidearms will be the new crucible meta party >shotguns. In podcasts editors have said the TTK sidearm was kinda OP at events they attended.

I tried to get good some more with Last Word, still cant use it effectively for some reason. With a TLW nerf and new Meta just a week away, I shelved the idea. Red Death for now.

Man I'm back to Mida...just couldn't seem to consistently excel with Red Death again, let alone TLW. One thing I noticed about RD, it's more powerful than Mida, but seems harder to be precise with, it kicks a lot. Guess I'l keep trying...but I just only feel natural with Mida so far. I think I'll just keep with Mida until 2.0, I hope it gets a nice little boost by others being nerfed, or I can find another scout in 2.0 I like (conflicting reports whether Mida's coming to year 2)

I've tried out a true max agility build lately too. Blade Dancer, Radiant Dance Machines, Mida of course, and I maxed agility and even substituted fleet footed for quickdraw. AFAIK that's pretty much as fast as you could ever get. And I must say I do feel pretty damn fast.

I need to do some homework on how much decreasing armor effects your survive-ability because I'm not really sure, so I'm not sure how much dropping my armor for max agility is hurting my other areas.

Need to go farm glimmer so I can finally face the moment of truth and squander weeks of work building up weapon parts on rerolling my Party Crasher...

Saw that Taken King PS4 box the other day, man that's pretty cool, just like this game!

Edit: So finally went to roll my Party Crasher with 688 weapon parts, after farming up 25k glimmer for like an hour, etc. Either on the FIRST or second roll (cant remember) I got Aggressive Ballistics, Shot Package, and Reinforced Barrel! Which going by Reddit's shotgun roll guide I was using, is basically very good as is.

The last perk was grenadier when there are better (but grenadier is still tier 2 and not bad), but for getting the big 3 on the FIRST TRY fuck it, I wasn't about to try again! Especially given I'm a marginal crucible player.

So far in using it (dont have reenforced barrel unlocked yet) I notice it fires SLOW compared to Found Verdict. I saw a post on reddit wondering if FV will be the new meta shotgun if it turns out two shots becomes preferable in 2.0. I still dont get why Found Verdict isn't the best as it's range appears maxed and it fires way faster. I guess just because it doesn't have shot package.

Got a "NL Shadow 710x". The bars say it has less ROF but same impact as Mida...but they're totally wrong Bungie Plz. It actually only does 43 crit vs 55 for Mida, but fires a lot faster. It also seems fairly unstable though.

I dunno, dont see it comparing to Mida what little I've used it, but since it dropped with Third Eye and Full Auto I'll probably level it. Very fast ROF so it gets into that gray area where slow firing AR's and fast firing scout's overlap.

Last edited:
You need Braced Frame for NL Shadow. With Auto and Firefly that weapon feels like a Suros in Focus Mode.

My One/One Synesthete with Auto/HighCaliber/Firefly feels closer to MIDA.

You need Braced Frame for NL Shadow. With Auto and Firefly that weapon feels like a Suros in Focus Mode.

My One/One Synesthete with Auto/HighCaliber/Firefly feels closer to MIDA.
I have the dead orbit scout rifle DeadShot Luna with full auto, explosive rounds and army of one. It doesn't have the best stability but it makes a great auto rifle alternative.

Back