Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

Man I'm back to Mida...just couldn't seem to consistently excel with Red Death again, let alone TLW. One thing I noticed about RD, it's more powerful than Mida, but seems harder to be precise with, it kicks a lot. Guess I'l keep trying...but I just only feel natural with Mida so far. I think I'll just keep with Mida until 2.0, I hope it gets a nice little boost by others being nerfed, or I can find another scout in 2.0 I like (conflicting reports whether Mida's coming to year 2)

I've tried out a true max agility build lately too. Blade Dancer, Radiant Dance Machines, Mida of course, and I maxed agility and even substituted fleet footed for quickdraw. AFAIK that's pretty much as fast as you could ever get. And I must say I do feel pretty damn fast.

I need to do some homework on how much decreasing armor effects your survive-ability because I'm not really sure, so I'm not sure how much dropping my armor for max agility is hurting my other areas.

Need to go farm glimmer so I can finally face the moment of truth and squander weeks of work building up weapon parts on rerolling my Party Crasher...

Saw that Taken King PS4 box the other day, man that's pretty cool, just like this game!

Edit: So finally went to roll my Party Crasher with 688 weapon parts, after farming up 25k glimmer for like an hour, etc. Either on the FIRST or second roll (cant remember) I got Aggressive Ballistics, Shot Package, and Reinforced Barrel! Which going by Reddit's shotgun roll guide I was using, is basically very good as is.

The last perk was grenadier when there are better (but grenadier is still tier 2 and not bad), but for getting the big 3 on the FIRST TRY fuck it, I wasn't about to try again! Especially given I'm a marginal crucible player.

So far in using it (dont have reenforced barrel unlocked yet) I notice it fires SLOW compared to Found Verdict. I saw a post on reddit wondering if FV will be the new meta shotgun if it turns out two shots becomes preferable in 2.0. I still dont get why Found Verdict isn't the best as it's range appears maxed and it fires way faster. I guess just because it doesn't have shot package.

Got a "NL Shadow 710x". The bars say it has less ROF but same impact as Mida...but they're totally wrong Bungie Plz. It actually only does 43 crit vs 55 for Mida, but fires a lot faster. It also seems fairly unstable though.

I dunno, dont see it comparing to Mida what little I've used it, but since it dropped with Third Eye and Full Auto I'll probably level it. Very fast ROF so it gets into that gray area where slow firing AR's and fast firing scout's overlap.
I have heard that the nl shadows stats are bugged. It doesn't actually have the same impact as the Mida. I have seen videos that show it in the crucible doing the same precision damage numbers as the dead shot Luna.

A lot of scout rifles have ammo bugs.
The hygia noblesse and another Nitc both have one less round than stated in the stats.

Why does Nolan North sound so weird ? It's like they used too many effects on his voice, it has lost all bass and sounds childish ! WTH ! Dinklebot sounded better , IMO.

I'm glad they processed his voice so much, when I heard they were switching to North, I worried it wouldn't sound robotic. But it does. Now sounds a bit like 343 guilty spark as an added bonus.

I liked dinklebot just fine, though.

Cant WAIT to find out the new crucible meta in 2.0 Tuesday...

They canceled all weekly events this week (nightfall etc), good now I can give up trying to "edge" things, good because it was boring. It will give me a lot more time to do whatever.

Pretty sure I will run at least a few Dragon strikes trying to get Hopscotch this week.

With the right perks it's just a better version of Dead Shot Luna.

I have played with many of these 2nd tier legendary scout and pulse people use and TBH none hold a candle to Mida or probably, Red Death (well, I think Pilgrim would be the exception).

I remember reading on Reddit that exotics can? or do? Live in a ROF/impact archetype by themselves for example if you normally get a high ROF scout only paired with low impact an exotic scout could have high ROF and medium impact.

It feels to me like that's whats going on with Mida. Perks aside, it's just better. It fires much faster than other 4 shot kill scouts.

That's besides the perks, it has it's own extra speed perk outside of lightweight, it has crazy aim assist. It has a high (27/21) mag capacity. I dont see any legendary scout really competing. Especially given as noted, there's no compelling advantage to using an exotic heavy or special, which could change the equation if it were the case.

It's funny how in PVE exotic primaries are least useful and in PVP they're most. Intrinsically you would assume the latter, PVP has it more right arguably. When you first start playing Destiny you assume an exotic primary must be the best in PVE, because hey that's the one you fire the most. But then you learn in Destiny's system something like Ice Breaker or Gjallahorn is much better to carry in PVE.

That's why I think exotic primaries should have elements in TTK. This would make them useful in PVE again...

You make the mistake and compare them with MIDA. But they play like ARs with Focus Fire. Do you also compare MIDA with a Suros? On top of that MIDA does not have Firefly.

I am mostly done downloading patch! Cant wait to fire it up!

A few things from patch notes (among many)

I think AR's got buffed in PVE a lot more than expected. 30% more damage! This is needed though imo to counteract range falloff. Finally all my void AR's will be useful! Now glad I didn't spend even more time farming Skolas for a void scout or HC.

Shotguns got nerfed in PVE more...45%? I can agree to this also. It struck me recently how overpowered shotty's are doing public events ..I would never use Gjally against captains in a PE, Found Verdict is much better! ...they're actually way better than any heavy which doesn't seem right. 10% would not have been enough.

Gjally wolf rounds only reduced by 1/3...fine...but I dont get it if Gjally isn't year 2 anyway.

You make the mistake and compare them with MIDA. But they play like ARs with Focus Fire. Do you also compare MIDA with a Suros? On top of that MIDA does not have Firefly.

They're still just not as good plain and simple compared to Mida for PVP...and no, they're scouts and play like scouts.

Firefly is only even moderately useful in PVE (even then I feel it's overrated), in which case it's pretty much pointless to ever use anything but an elemental primary anyway. Even if there's no burn, using arc against fallen (arc shields), void against Vex (pratorians/minataurs), and Solar against Hive (wizards) is best.

Great...after my first crucible match it's early, but I feel like we may be in for a new Auto Rifle meta...at any rate Mida doesn't seem very effective...got killed once by a Suros and felt outgunned constantly...but it's one match...

Mida does 57 crit now versus 55. VERY subtle buff if at all, disappointing. Wont get close to a 3 shot crit.

Bungie API is down that sucks I have to manually use the vault to go get my Suros...stone ages.

I noticed out of the new bounties 5k bounties seem gone, they are mostly 2500 and I saw some 3000, no 5k bounties at all. Stealth XP nerf I suppose. Most of the bounties are new, I saw one "kill 50 cabal" for example.

Also it's set me on some kind of gunslinger quest in my quest screen which feels old and like something I've likely already done (considering obviously I have gunslinger tree) (like, first step was talking to Cayde 6, and he gives me some useless old seeming blue quality cape?)...I wonder if it's a bug. Or it may be some new content I haven't recognized yet.

They said no nightfall/weekly but nightfall was fine for me? I went in there solo anyway then back to orbit.

Haven't done any PVE content yet.

Edit: damn the new crucible bounties are stupid easy too. Like "defeat 3 enemies with headshots". Yes, THREE. "Kill 7 enemies". Damn, this game is getting dumbed down...this is what they talked about making the bounties easier to complete.

The vault space increase to 72 is in. Nice. Got my Suros about to try Crucible.

Edit: Too soon to call a new meta. Might just be pulse and scouts again..

Anyways AR at least seems more viable, I noticed one guy doing well with Wolfslayers Claw...

I've been doing terrible for some reason too, back to old school sucking. I think maybe a lot of good lapsed players came back to try this new content?

Oh and now I get why everybody was talking about Hard Light. It has a no damage fall off perk I didn't know about...

They nerfed Hunter Arc Bolt grenade to be basically worthless now. And of course only buffed Warlock, except for the ram...

Last edited:
I'm not a hard core player, but I managed to claw my way to level 31 before the patch. I like the game and am hoping TTK adds more content I can use. It's really unfair they have missions that have no match making. It makes no sense to me. They should have match making for everything, including story missions. At least have a LFG mechanism build in.

Had a blast playing rift with some of my buddies. I have some concerns (ie spark spawning at the same spot every time) but it's something different and very fun. Our first 6-7 matches were very lopsided... we forced the other team to submit with the new mercy rule at least 4 times. Then matches started getting more competitive. Ended up winning 15/16 matches.

Also refreshing seeing so many other weapons being used. In one lobby almost everyone was using a different weapon. I myself experimented with various weapons (whatever I had on my character at the time) and I actually did quite well with VoC. Rarely used scout rifles pre-patch so I dunno if it's the small buff or it was always good. Also played around with Summoner and Messenger (ToO AR and PR respectively) and I found myself doing better with VoC and Hawkmoon (which is still quite good). Want to try Monte Carlo, Hardlight and Suros but have to level them up again.

Was also surprised to see so many things changed, even little things like the game icon, the intro, the music, the way super kills and headshot kills are highlighted in crucible... lot of changes to the game.

edit: Oh, and since Hammer Forged was nerfed, old Felwinter shotguns now have lower range than HoW shotguns. And speaking of shotguns, I barely noticed a difference in crucible. And blink doesn't feel that different either. Arcbolt grenades, while weaker, are still pretty good IMO.

Last edited:
Patch won't download for me. Gets stuck evry 5 minutes : "Servers may be busy " ! Guess I will have to wait it out till majority have downloaded it and th epressure reduces.

One question: Do my Level 34 characters start at 34? cos then its just 6 levels to 40. or do they start lower? like they said that they will recalculate your level depending on stuff in ur inventory and stuff u r wearing.

I'm still trying to figure out the new system. But yes, your level 34 character still starts at level 34. Your Light level increases with your gear and their defense (and attack?) ratings, and your character level will increase with XP when TKK releases. Almost everything contributes to your Light level, including ghost shells and class items.

Back