Could you bring the "PC Forums"/"PC Games" link back to the Consoles forums, please moderators? Thx!

Do you want to bring back the link to the PC forums in the Console forum?

• Total voters
Still the yes is winning and there are more people -favouring the yes, indecisive- who could live with the feature than the other way around.
As of now, less than half of voters cast a 'yes' vote. The 'no' voters, along with the those folks really interested in debating the original of chicken (or chicken-like organisms) have spoken. You can not assume that those interested in debating the unknowable origins of chickens represent ambivalence regarding the reunification issue. :nope:

The addition of the chicken and the egg made voting much more difficult. Truth be told though for me the pc forum here is largely dead anyways, so it doesn't really matter much to me either way, I've mostly stopped going to it.

The addition of the chicken and the egg made voting much more difficult. Truth be told though for me the pc forum here is largely dead anyways, so it doesn't really matter much to me either way, I've mostly stopped going to it.
I concur. We've had more posts on chickens than PC games.

Perhaps we need a forum for chicken discussion and we can just axe the PC games forum entirely.

If this was a yes/no poll, I would have voted no, but I thought the chicken and egg option was a much more serious and interesting discussion.

Not opposed to a link, but I am against any merging of sections
I am also against the merging of game posts (eg tomb raider - ps4/xb1/p.c discussion)
having the console ports in the same thread is fine because the versions are very similar ps4 my have more x, xbox1 may have more y or slightly higher z or vice versa, but you cant really say
anything about one consoles version that isn't relevant to the other consoles version port specific bugs being perhaps the exception.
And therefore the threads are usually gameplay / comparison / argument in nature

However, The P.C version will have things (part because of the game, part because of the platform) that are unique to it and have zero relevance to the console versions.
for example optimizing performance. Trade offs from having different in game options enabled also different driver control panel options. also running the game in ways not possible with the ports to console (like getting the game to run well at 6x console resolution and the challenges that creates like ensuring the hud is correctly positioned at such an aspect ratio) Other things not relevant to the console ports would be editing, mods, trainers, injectors and a lot more things that make the p.c version unique and separate from the console versions.
And so p.c discussion tends to be gameplay / optimization in nature

Last edited:
Mammals and Aves common ancestor branches 300 million years ago.

They share 60% of their genes.

The one argument I'd have is why is a cross-link needed? It's easy enough to find the PC games forum. I don't see why it needs direct link in the console forum any more than any other forum. ie. Why not have a 3D Tech link in the console tech forum?

Why not just use New Posts so you dont need to navigate manually into the various forums?

If you're looking for something in particular using the search box will be significantly faster than browsing into a forum and then paging through page at a time for a certain subject.

Surely as a good B3D user, Cyan reads all new posts as they happen. ;)

I think cyan just wants to click less

From here to PC games section :
Click 1: Forums
Click 2: PC Games
Thanks, thanks, thanks!! I could never explain it better.

That's the whole point I was trying to make.
Why not just use New Posts so you dont need to navigate manually into the various forums?

If you're looking for something in particular using the search box will be significantly faster than browsing into a forum and then paging through page at a time for a certain subject.

Surely as a good B3D user, Cyan reads all new posts as they happen. ;)
Well... how it works for me is as following:

- Console Forum is my first link in the most frequent sites of my browser so I click on it.

- I log in (sometimes, others it's just a quick look at new posts 'cos I remember the last person who wrote on a particular post)

- If I log in I go to the threads highlighted with bolded letters to see what's new.

- The search idea is okay but I am lazy and prefer clicking to writing (to perform a search) if I can help it

Judging by the results of the poll the Yes won. I am about to close the poll at this point. The results are clear, and people who don't mind the Yes or the No should be included in the Yes, because they don't mind the quick link to the PC forums. So in my opinion the winning option is quite very clear.

That link also enriches the exchange of messages and the liveliness of the forum because it is at hand. I quite like Shifty's idea about creating a similar link to the 3D technology forums from the Console Technology forum, especially with the PC Games forum being present on all the Console Forums and viceversa.

The majority voted against it. How is 41% considered a majority vote?

The majority voted against it. How is 41% considered a majority vote?
A democratic majority is when one of the options has the whip hand. It emerges from the rest. Hence the indecisive people apply to be included in hte majority. Think of it as a water balloon, I mean... if you press down on one side, another side of the ballon pops up. This poll proves to be no exception, because one option emerges from the others.

With that result I don't see the point of not having that option at the click of a finger..

Are Beyond3D Forums a democracy now? Can I run for President?

Even if we were to accept your made up rules that only suit your own purpose...

I didn't say this at the beginning because I wanted to see what would unfold. But ... from what I can see, the only item we can do is place a redirect to a thread that has been moved. The end result is you'd have to click on a perm-moved thread and then click onto the forum name. The net result is still 2 clicks to get into your forum. Doing that would be asinine.

Now all you have to do is convince Rys to do so. And then he'll have to figure out how to do so within XenForo.

Even if we were to accept your made up rules that only suit your own purpose...

I didn't say this at the beginning because I wanted to see what would unfold. But ... from what I can see, the only item we can do is place a redirect to a thread that has been moved. The end result is you'd have to click on a perm-moved thread and then click onto the forum name. The net result is still 2 clicks to get into your forum. Doing that would be asinine.

Now all you have to do is convince Rys to do so. And then he'll have to figure out how to do so within XenForo.
The idea is to convince B3D staff to bring a very simple solution back. It's not overcluttering by any means, I think. Still, I wonder... what differences a direct link to the PC Forums from a direct link in the Console Forum heading people to the Console Technology and the Console Games forums? What's with XenForo that there are limitations? I don't see the limitations anywhere, but I am not Rys or you nor Shifty, Geo, etc etc... just wondering..

Are Beyond3D Forums a democracy now? Can I run for President?
:) You are not one to create a dictatorship of the proletariat, I see.

I like where this thread is going.

I am very interesting in following its future transformations.

On the original topic, my point is as clear as all my others (which is to say, not very): Keep your PC chocolate out of my Console peanut butter. I don't want people accidentally stumbling into a console forum and bringing spreading their PC chocolate all over the place. I imagine that PC gamers wouldn't want our console peanut butter all over their threads, either.

However - putting a link at the top of the page to easily switch from Console Games to PC games isn't the end of the world.

So there you have it. I responded entirely for the purpose of saying that I don't care. Which, according to Cyan's rules and regulations, means that is actually a vote for adding the link. If I've read the thread correctly. :D

Alright, I toyed around more in the XF Admin portal (on the other sites I admin) and found a way of having the PC Games forum show up as a Link under the Console Forums on B3D. It's not entirely straight forward so I missed this capability the first time I looked.

Though if you're in the Console Games forum you'd have to navigate back up to the Console Forums section (1st click) before seeing the PC Games link (2nd click). If you're currently in a thread you'd have to navigate back to the Console Forums section (1st click) before seeing the PC Games link (2nd click).

With that said, I still utterly fail to see how this is better than the existing 2 click navigation path (Forums / PC Games).

Back