*spin-off* Ryse Trade-Offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full HD? rescaled or native?
No idea, personally I'd be interested to see what it looks like 900p upscaled.
But then I never thought the sky was falling anyway. :smile:

INHO resolution should be the last thing they should be worrying about once it's hit 900p if the scalers are good enough.

Didn't Activision accidentally use similar wording for BLOPS2 on WiiU? I'd be wary of PR-speak until he says "1080p" exactly (or until we get direct feed on release).

Activision != Crytek

You are mixing companies.

Maybe the build guy was drunk and pushed an 900p build through the pipes on its way to Redmond.

- Or maybe there was a 900p version in some stage and now it is 1080p
- Or it is 1080p rescaled.

Full HD XP, as in 'Full HD experience' is as tacit of a confirmation of being sub 1080 as you can get. Brush up on your PR 101 guys :smile:

If there's one person in the industry that I can't out my trust on it would be Cevat Yerli, he pulled stunts in last gen and is pulling it for next gen as we speak.

Activision != Crytek

You are mixing companies.

That wasn't the point. The point is PR language. I only mentioned Activision because that's who said what I was referring to ("full HD experience").

At any rate, there's nothing further to analyze on a technical basis, so I suggest we drop the PR discussion for the forum sake.

That wasn't the point. The point is PR language. I only mentioned Activision because that's who said what I was referring to ("full HD experience").

Well, Activision said "1080p" and at the end it was 720p (or less?). We don't know if "XP" means "it is 900p but it looks like 1080p" or "it is 1080p".

Has Yerli lied before? Crysis 3 looks very good on current gen hardware.

He could also have said "complete HD experience" and retain an ambiguously similar meaning.

Again, there's nothing of substance (framegrabs etc) to go on except wording, so it understandably should not really be interesting discussion on the forum here. ;)

If it were 1080p, he'd be shouting it. It's only one more character than "full" just to type out '1080p'.

Likewise, "upgrades" can mean a whole plethora of things that don't necessarily relate to a resolution bump.

And...

again, there's nothing for us here at B3D to analyze for meaningful discussion.

Well, Activision said "1080p" and at the end it was 720p (or less?). We don't know if "XP" means "it is 900p but it looks like 1080p" or "it is 1080p".

Has Yerli lied before? Crysis 3 looks very good on current gen hardware.
In 2006 they said Crysis 1 would exceed the the target cgi graphics in e3 2006, but the target cgi looked better.
They said Crysis 1 godrays and numerous other effects could only be achieved with Windows Vista and DX10. That was false.

There was some big halabaloo about Crysis 2 and DX11 claims by them, which was false.

Who knows. Perhaps they could have achieved 1080p with a mix of driver updates, code optimizations , reducing computational demand in other areas.

Last edited by a moderator:
He could also have said "complete HD experience" and retain an ambiguously similar meaning.

Again, there's nothing of substance (framegrabs etc) to go on except wording, so it understandably should not really be interesting discussion on the forum here. ;)

If it were 1080p, he'd be shouting it. It's only one more character than "full" just to type out '1080p'.

Likewise, "upgrades" can mean a whole plethora of things that don't necessarily relate to a resolution bump.

And...

again, there's nothing for us here at B3D to analyze for meaningful discussion.

Well, there's not framegrabs or something for discussing 900p, and we are discussing about that :p (that's the topic in the thread, no?)

Facial animations are impressive: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/271/4/5/ryse1_by_raziel1992-d6odjcy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Cevat Yerli ‏@RealtimeCevat
#Ryse there is not one single downgrade compared to E3, promised! Only UPGRADES in the final push towards finalling phase! Its FULL HD XP!

Perhaps its a clever use of words. By his standards the visuals have improved/upgrades, because he could mean that even though they dropped the resolution and use upscaling , they are still upgrading the graphics in other areas because of an increase in shader use and framerate and more detail in the environments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back