*spin-off* Ryse Trade-Offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

shredenvain

Regular
Mr greenberg updated from Twitter that ryse is 900p but will be upscaled to 1080p but forza is still native 1080.

This news sucks
Why do you guys think it was changed?

Ryse was reported to be running at 1080p at e3 by eurogamer with a few frame drops.
Do you think that it was always 900p or did they change to get better performance because they are running out of time for optimization.

Ryse was reported to be running at 1080p at e3 by eurogamer with a few frame drops.
Do you think that it was always 900p or did they change to get better performance because they are running out of time for optimization.

Purely speculation but it may be due to spending resources to fix issues with the core gameplay and not having the time to optimize visuals as a result. I seem to recall some comments made after E3 about them working on the game mechanics, it seemed like they got a reality check at the time regarding how people felt about the game.

Purely speculation but it may be due to spending resources to fix issues with the core gameplay and not having the time to optimize visuals as a result. I seem to recall some comments made after E3 about them working on the game mechanics, it seemed like they got a reality check at the time regarding how people felt about the game.

Thats what i was thinking. More of a time issue but it is still a disappointment.
Also in the tweet greenberg says the xbox one upscales all games to 1080p,
I still hope he is mistaken about ryse . Just wishful thinking

Is upscaling from 900p to 1080p gonna even be noticeable?

I play my 360 at 1280x1024 on my hp pc monitor i think the upscaling on my 360 games looks pretty good.
Sadly i dont have anything capable of 1080p at the moment.

I play my 360 at 1280x1024 on my hp pc monitor i think the upscaling on my 360 games looks pretty good.

Not as noticeable as 720p->1080p but it will not be as good as native 1080p.

Can it be the "downgrade" that cboat said? I'm really dissapointed.

Im a little disappointed myself but I think it was intended to be 1080p the entire time and with all the revisions to the combat system they have ran out of time for optimizing.

I think its a brand new development because if it had always been 900p it would have gotten out before now.
Plus greenberg just anounced it was 1080p 2 days ago and then updated it 3hrs ago

900p now? Will it be 800p by launch? Crytek gotta stop making grand promises for console I say.

It wasn't Crytek that said 1080p native it was Aaron Greenberg who now corrected himself at 900p. He also reconfirmed that Forza 5 is 1080p native and 60 fps.

I believe those shots were grabs from a vid.

I wouldn't know. Anyways, Crytek says the models are the same for cutscenes and gameplay. We have seen that cutscene in the reveal, I think. And the photoshopping is more about brightening the shadows and trying to hide some aliasing. Not much. Not what SilentBuddha is pointing out.

My bet is we are still seeing PC gameplays. But people say that gamescom had XBOnes in view while playing the demo. Not much time left now, the final quality can only be seen when these new consoles come out actually.

Aaron Greenberg confirmed that RYSE runs at 900p native resolution after confirming it ran at 1080p native...

https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/379799077816254464

Now that is bad :
Update from team, Forza 5 is native @1080p, Ryse is native @900p, but Xbox One upscales all titles to 1080p & they look amazing

Good news is that we will have more eye candy. I think its a good move considering a lot of people will only play on 720p televisions. But fr people on 1080p monitors or TVs, the blurring will be visible.

I wouldn't know. Anyways, Crytek says the models are the same for cutscenes and gameplay. We have seen that cutscene in the reveal, I think. And the photoshopping is more about brightening the shadows and trying to hide some aliasing. Not much. Not what SilentBuddha is pointing out.

My bet is we are still seeing PC gameplays. But people say that gamescom had XBOnes in view while playing the demo. Not much time left now, the final quality can only be seen when these new consoles come out actually.

Leaked dashboard footage of the Xbox One showed the kid go into the E3 demo on the Xbox One and looked exactly the same. From everything I've heard from PAX & Gamescom it was running on real hardware and looked really good.

If it really is 900p it looks amazing for running at that resolution.

Good news is that we will have more eye candy. I think its a good move considering a lot of people will only play on 720p televisions. But fr people on 1080p monitors or TVs, the blurring will be visible.

Haven't heard a single person complaining about blurring during gameplay or even suggest it wasn't running at 1080p.

In fact I've mostly been hearing about how beautiful the game is and some people that have played it calling it the best looking game they saw at the show.

We'll have to see when we finally get it home and play it ourselves.

The 360 did a very good job upscaling and I would expect similar results with XB1, personally I'm ok with lower resolution if it frees up resources for better effects, animation, lighting and so on....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back