Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

There's also a $20 version of this game, IIRC (PS360 Digital).

PS360 Digital: $20
PS360 Physical: $30
XBO/PS4 Digital: $30
XBO/PS4 Physical: $40

No, my complaint was that they were trying to sell a 90 minute game for $40 (based on reports that now seem to be incorrect). I'm a big fan of the Fable series. If someone tried to sell me a 90 minute, $40 Fable game, I'd tell them to go fuck themselves. I happen to hate the Metal Gear series, but that's not the issue here.

Let me re explain myself. The people willing to pay for it $40 doesnt mean would have paid $40 for another 90 minute game ;). These people probably would have told them to go fuck themselves too if they tried to sell them a 90 minute Fable game for $40. These people that will pay $40 for GZ specifically, reckognize and appreciate something you cant see because you hate the series. These people will do it by exception.

Let me re explain myself. The people willing to pay for it $40 doesnt mean would have paid $40 for another 90 minute game ;). These people probably would have told them to go fuck themselves too if they tried to sell them a 90 minute Fable game for $40. These people that will pay $40 for GZ specifically, reckognize and appreciate something you cant see because you hate the series. These people will do it by exception.

No kidding. I already agreed with that in this thread. I said there were probably people who'd pay standard retail price for it, if they had to. My problem with the pricing is that you'd have gamers that don't read all this stuff in review sties and in forums (the majority) buying the game thinking they'd be getting something much longer. Seems like that might not matter if the newer reports about the game being longer are correct.

No kidding. I already agreed with that in this thread. I said there were probably people who'd pay standard retail price for it, if they had to. My problem with the pricing is that you'd have gamers that don't read all this stuff in review sties and in forums (the majority) buying the game thinking they'd be getting something much longer. Seems like that might not matter if the newer reports about the game being longer are correct.

Personally, I think you are downplaying the intelligence of most consumers and/or the amount of research and reading even the most average consumers do.

We're not in the early 90ties where the Internet was accessed by a minority and the only way you could get your gaming news was through gaming magazines. Gaming has grown significantly, so has the internet - and now days it's quite likely you will read about games not only on the internet (for those who follow up on one of their hobbies) but also in newspapers as well. I would expect a large majority of people who have bought and played and show an interest in the MGS series to be somewhat informed on what Ground Zeros is. Even if they don't, from what we are reading, they are still getting quite an experience for $40, unless they run through the game.

The only problem with GZ being for the most generic gamer outthere is the knowledge that this is only a chapter from the "real" game that will launch later. And I would expect quite a few people to know that.

It's not much different from Gran Turismo "Concept" and "Prologue", which was effectively a demo of the 'real' game. Perhaps the name there made it easier for public awareness that this might not be the "real sequel", but I don't recall people mistaking the game for anything other than it was intended to be.

I'm also not sure what the normal retail prices of games are in the US, but $40 sounds like what Concept and Prologue were sold for - effectively half a game, a teaser for 2/3rds price. Is GZ any different?

Lack of cardboard box sucks.

There's also a $20 version of this game, IIRC (PS360 Digital).

PS360 Digital: $20
PS360 Physical: $30
XBO/PS4 Digital: $30
XBO/PS4 Physical: $40

I think the most important thing about the pricing is that we finally have a game with cheaper DD versions on release.

Hope that becomes the trend despite Gamestop.

If GZ is important to the story of MGS5 (and I assume it is, because, you know.. Kojima), what are the odds that it will actually be included in the final version of the game? Maybe even in an improved state?

If GZ is important to the story of MGS5 (and I assume it is, because, you know.. Kojima), what are the odds that it will actually be included in the final version of the game? Maybe even in an improved state?

It is in the final game. its the first chapter of the full game. You are not missinganything, tis just an early taste of the full game. MGSV will have the full game,prologue and all.

I'm going to assume this is confusion from English being your second or third language. The second statement is an implied hypothetical situation that will never happen.

I understand english perfectly, thank you. Whatever number you might put it at in my preferences for languages.
So, its was all hypothetical. Up in the air, I say. Fine.

Peace Waker is also important to the story of MGS5, and I dont see that being bundled in.

IMO, GZ will remain separate entity.

It is in the final game. its the first chapter of the full game. You are not missinganything, tis just an early taste of the full game. MGSV will have the full game,prologue and all.

Konami said, I quote: "Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain are two separate games".
GZ even has its separate Achievement/Trophy list.

Konami said, I quote: "Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain are two separate games".
GZ even has its separate Achievement/Trophy list.

BUt that was long back , when Kojima had yet not explained anything, before Kojima announced that it is a prologue mission of MGSV. He said that since they had shown this demo(to showcase FOX engine), people had started assuming that the game is near completion but MGSV has a lot of content and it will take a long time to get it done. Their marketing dept suggested to him to bring GZ as a standalone to the market to fill the gap(and extra sales, of course) and Kojima agreed. He even clarified that ppl who play GZ now will have their content carried over, including soldiers they recruit in GZ, while new comers will just play it when they get MGS V.

Its a demo, the first mission It isn't being removed from the main game , just because it is being sold earlier.

@RenegadeRocks

Can you post a link where Kojima , or Konaimi, says that GZ will be included and playable in PP?
I can't find where they said that :(

Kojima has unveiled visual specs of tje MGS5 Ground Zeroes (video that showcases these differences will be released soon). PS4 is nextgen, confirmed.
http://www.konami.jp/mgs5/gz/en/products/compare.html

oETQdyI.png

Wow, I did not expect this resolution for Xbone! :oops:

d0oAQH7.jpg

dlixctm.jpg

QxJ2OO2.jpg

SdCqbIA.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
On paper the ps4 isnt 2x as powerfull as the Xbox one but here we are. The Xone must have a major bottleneck.

Back