Crysis 3

I'm assuming the levels and art assets chewed up a disproportionate amount of development funds, as has been increasingly the case for quite a few years now. Games overall are much shorter now than they were a decade or more ago.

Perhaps we will see more singleplayer missions released as DLC instead. That does appear to be the way forward these days. If done skillfully, it can counter the increased nickling-and-diming of us legitimately paying customers/gamers; some games have had some excellent DLC released for them.

But C2 was really long SP game were Crytek even had to build engine/make it run on consoles.

C3 seems to be a tec iteration only, so I do not see where all the money was spend, especially in comparison to C2.

Still refusing to believe 5h campaign...

Actually with age and busy home/work schedules, shorter games nowadays are actually preferred to me. I can't play MMO's anymore so my primary gaming fix tends to be stacking up on SP games during Steam sales and playing those over time slowly. 5 hours is a little short though and definitely not a $60 title.

I think this is the first game that is ever going to make me do something I've never wanted to do. Use a pirated version. I'd still pay for it.

I'm actually thinking of buying it when it goes on sale, then throwing it away and running a pirated version instead just so I don't have to deal with Origin.

I'd just use a crack instead but I have the feeling just installing the game will install Origin on my system.

Regards,
SB

Oh the Origin whining. I really don't see the big horribleness of Origin. It's not any more annoying than Steam, Impulse or Uplay.

I do wish it had a verify function like Steam so I could copy games to other computers more easily. Uplay and Impulse don't do that either.

Yeah, after my Farcry 3 experience, I don't think I'll be getting anymore UBIsoft games, unless they are extraordinary. And if I did, it might end up being the same situation as I'm contemplating doing with Crysis 3.

I prefer the heavy DRM to this crap (IMO).

What's Impulse? I'm assuming it's the same thing, but which publisher is that one?

Regards,
SB

What's Impulse? I'm assuming it's the same thing, but which publisher is that one?
Actually it's Gamestop now. But before that it was Impulse and was the digital store with exclusive SoaSE distribution. It still functions the same and is a lot like Origin.

It's a little annoying when games are Steam or Origin only, but I don't see why there's such a hate against Origin but love for Steam...Same shit, different name.

I haven't read anything about additional DRM in Crysis 3, so a good step forward if Crytek has skipped that crap. I had easily gotten Crysis 1 and Warhead by now if Crytek removed the installation limits.

I agree that a five hour campaign is short, but it's not as if for example the all popular Call of Duty series have long campaigns either. Generally, a negative for me this generation is that many games have focused too much on the multiplayer.

It's a little annoying when games are Steam or Origin only, but I don't see why there's such a hate against Origin but love for Steam...Same shit, different name.

I haven't read anything about additional DRM in Crysis 3, so a good step forward if Crytek has skipped that crap. I had easily gotten Crysis 1 and Warhead by now if Crytek removed the installation limits.

I agree that a five hour campaign is short, but it's not as if for example the all popular Call of Duty series have long campaigns either. Generally, a negative for me this generation is that many games have focused too much on the multiplayer.

First of all Blops2 sp was rather meaty and well made, and second: show me one other gamer in the world that buys cod for sp and not mp. Cod has one of the best and most addicting mp. Crysis mp is really uninteresting for me. I played the beta and it is like a Mech FPS game, a micture of things. No interest in mp. Crysis is all about sp imo.

As for steam and origin, imo not comparable. Like saying psn = xbox live gold. E.g. I bought a game to gift it my gf...until I realized that there is no gifting option in origin....

Origin is fine.
As trinibwoy said, its main problem is that it's not Steam.
It seems to be as light or lighter than Steam, download times are comparable and at least all of its games have cloud saves, something that we cannot say about Steam.

This is actually a conversation that I've had with 4 or 5 different friends, at different times:
- Man, I can't wait for the game X to be on sale in Steam
- Why don't you buy the game through GOG/Origin/D2Drive/etc.? It's already cheap enough in there.
- Oh no, I'm anti-GOG/Origin/etc.
- Why?!
- Because it's not Steam.
- (poker face)

People tend to become really biased and dumb on some small-matter stuff.

As for Crysis 3, what I'm reading is that it has no activation limit.. so what's the problem exactly?

I think its more hatred to origins parent company.

That and the fact that said parent company only release it on Origin. With Steam it's the publishers choice to release only on Steam.

That and the fact that said parent company only release it on Origin. With Steam it's the publishers choice to release only on Steam.
How many Valve games don't require Steam? You can't expect these major publishers to not try their own thing instead of reinforcing Valve's empire.

The final "7 wonders" episode is here. This one shows PC setup [keyb/mouse] on a really wide and big level. Impressive stuff.

Because I only want one online store to be installed on my machine? I'd have no problems with Origin games if when purchased through Steam it didn't also then run Origin if I want to play the game. Same with that crap UBIsoft garbage everytime I want to play Farcry.

If I play a game on Steam. Steam doesn't pop up in my face every single freaking time. If I have to log into your crappy proprietary service after buying it on Steam, at least do me the courtesy of incorporating the login stuff into the game and not into a freaking window that pops up before you can play the game.

I'd have the same complaints if I used another online DD store (let's use Origin for an example) and a publisher (say UBIsoft in this case) insisted on popping up their out of game login/store front everytime I wanted to play their game. Sorry, no dice.

I can tolerate Blizzard doing their own thing because guess what? The battle.net login is in the game itself and not another crappy out of game application.

One storefront and one storefront only I want on my machine. I chose Steam and hence that's what I use. If I had chosen Origin, I'd still be making the same complaints about other publishers popping up their shit if I bought the game on Origin.

First of all Blops2 sp was rather meaty and well made, and second: show me one other gamer in the world that buys cod for sp and not mp.

/me raises hand.

I only play the COD games for the SP. I like the COD SP campaigns.

Regards,
SB

I have origin, but I dislike its interface (html via browser, really?) and it seems to require far more frequent and intrusive updates. Definitely prefer Steam, but man, the Steam issues with Rockstar's DRM on LA noire (I still cannot play it) and Max Payne 3 (works after some headaches) were annoying.

Back