*Confirmed* Original Crysis Bound for *PS360

In terms of overall looks, there are very few differences in overall lighting between the lowest and highest settings of CryEngine 3.

I don't think that's the case at all. Take a look at the presentation on the site that originally hosted that video. Its shows significant differences in CE3's lighting even between the PC's lowest setting and the console settings.

GIven that this TOD demonstration is a demonstration of the engine rather than the console game it stands to reason that they would turn everythign to max.

I doubt GI would make any difference in the majority of those scenes (too complex), so to me at least that video accurately represents what the lighting in the console version could look like.

Even if that were the case I wasn't citing GI as the only potential difference from the console implementation here. It was just an example. Others would be the complexity of SSAO - or even SSDO, shadow complexity, colour grading, tone mapping, tesselated water, POM quality etc... all of these are things that can be turned up in the engine that won't necessarily be tunred up to maximum in the console build.

Just seen some vids and pics but looks insane. Prolly on overall not as teach heavy as PC version but assimilation is like Crysis VH + TODs. I see a lot of resemblance to the TOD schemes I created ( :D ) with perhaps higher bloom/HDR strength. Does console version also use FXAA?

Anyways impressive and just imagine would CE2 been what CE3 is. Multiplatform games would had looked insane from 2006/2007 and onwards for all platforms.

The new vid isn't impressive to me, but it's just the low vid quality. Makes everything look drab and flat. Well, the day stuff. Night looks good.

Notice he (Crytek guy in gamespot vid) says everything is intact expect one exception, they removed "ascension", he says based on player feedback.

Which google tells me was the VTOL level, which I do remember being horrible. One of many places in the game I couldn't progress due to horrible bugs.

Nice to see the jeep lights are actual lights and not just sprites like in PC Crysis xD

Looks good, but lets not lose site of what the original looked like.

crysis7.jpg

crysispc9.jpg

crysis6.jpg

Dark's been taking some very high PC shots at Neogaf and they're not looking so good

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31221410&postcount=957

I suppose I can do the same, I own the game and I can max it.

Posting screens on the internet is such a lost cause imo.

And then here's another, console at the bottom I think

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31222975&postcount=1000

Basically looks like the console holds up much better than I thought, if not some people are claiming it looks better.

Cryengine 3 lighting on consoles is better than vanilla Crysis however you turn it. Everything else is there, camera motion blur, object motion blur, DOF, God rays, same draw distance. Only thing that is noticeable pared back are explosions.

Cryengine 3 lighting on consoles is better than vanilla Crysis however you turn it. Everything else is there, camera motion blur, object motion blur, DOF, God rays, same draw distance. Only thing that is noticeable pared back are explosions.
View distance isn't the same, I don't think - not even close. You can see that in the video.

This image casts doubt on the validity of the released console screenshots:
VHvsBS.jpg

The console shot actually does look quite a bit better there. The extra trees aren't really a draw distance thing though, they are literally just extra trees which have either already been knocked down in the PC version or just weren't there in the first place. I guess theirs been a bit of tweaking of the foliage for visual effect.

The palm trees were removed to make the detail comparison easier. Look how far the foliage and grass extends in the console version. It's noticably better than the pc's highest which is strange.

Back