*Confirmed* Original Crysis Bound for *PS360

Is anyone going to start talking about Crysis any time soon?
Yes. The Wii can't run Crysis. :LOL:

Regarding Fuel, I have that game, unfinished and untouched.... but after seeing the absolutely amazing images ct03 posted I am going to give the game another chance. That lighting would not disgrace that of games like GT5 and other famous games, some pictures seem real. Also it's not a bad game, but I have like 90% of my games unfinished.

I wander from game to game at leisure depending on my mood.

Last edited by a moderator:
The strange thing is, the default ToD settings for CryEngine 3 are realistic as far as lighting is concerned:
skylight.jpg

We know it's not a limitation of the engine, so why make the sky overly bright? It almost seems like they're hide any flaws they might have, though that wouldn't be surprising. I can hardly see how someone could say that the sky looks subjectively better as a white glowing mass.

I want to know if i'll be able to play it from a USB on 360 as I only have a 20GB HDD?

It should work fine. The 360 supports up to 16GB of external storage for games, saves, profiles, etc. I'd assume you'd need a pretty high-speed USB, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to know if i'll be able to play it from a USB on 360 as I only have a 20GB HDD?

Doesn't the 360 has a build in performance tool that will evaluate your usb if the write and read speed are up to it.

You can have two 16gig usb stick in the 360 so a extra 32 gig. But you can probably get a cheap third party 250 gig hdd aswell from the internet. Haven't heard anyone getting banned from it. Something about the hdd being a peripheral and not part of the console and you dont use it for playing ripped games or cheating and you should be save.

The strange thing is, the default ToD settings for CryEngine 3 are realistic as far as lighting is concerned:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12527604/images/games/cryengine3/skylight.jpg

We know it's not a limitation of the engine, so why make the sky overly bright? It almost seems like they're hide any flaws they might have, though that wouldn't be surprising. I can hardly see how someone could say that the sky looks subjectively better as a white glowing mass
Pretty obvious they're not trying to make the graphics realistic going by the amount of color grading they use. For better or worse, the overly bloomy style is what they chose art-wise.

I think my question with using a USB is not so much about performance, but whether the console will actually let me.

I'm not sure but I think while XBLA games and DLC can be played from USB, full titles (like Games on Demand) which is presumably what Crysis will be released under, will only let you play from HDD?

I think my question with using a USB is not so much about performance, but whether the console will actually let me.

I'm not sure but I think while XBLA games and DLC can be played from USB, full titles (like Games on Demand) which is presumably what Crysis will be released under, will only let you play from HDD?

IIRC, you can play installed games from a USB flash stick, so you should be able to play GoD games as well. Also IIRC the speed of the flash drive could effect the performance of the game.

I didnt say its console footage, just console TOD :)

Even that may not be the case. Since this must be running on PC there's nothing to say many other settings weren't turned up beyond what you will see in the console versions.

Do the console versions support global illumination for example? (maybe they do, I honestly don't know) Because it's a lighting feature available in CE3 that could have been turned on for a build of the engine running on a PC - even if that build was eventually destined for the consoles with the feature disabled.

Even that may not be the case. Since this must be running on PC there's nothing to say many other settings weren't turned up beyond what you will see in the console versions.

Do the console versions support global illumination for example? (maybe they do, I honestly don't know) Because it's a lighting feature available in CE3 that could have been turned on for a build of the engine running on a PC - even if that build was eventually destined for the consoles with the feature disabled.

Chances are all the bullshots are done on PC...

Lighting might be improved over the PC version but the textures are going to take a massive dive!

They were awesome in the original and better with MODS!

It seriously seems like you're trolling at this point. PC superior... even better with MODS! Textures will take a big hit... blah, blah, blah. Does anyone not know this? I count at least half a dozen posts of you crapping on the console version and saying how superior the PC version is (and even better with MODS! :p).

PC section is that way.

That's a negative. Console versions of Crysis 2 have no SSGI.

In terms of overall looks, there are very few differences in overall lighting between the lowest and highest settings of CryEngine 3. I doubt GI would make any difference in the majority of those scenes (too complex), so to me at least that video accurately represents what the lighting in the console version could look like.

Back