Ryse: Son of Rome [XO]

god of war has qtes... and people swear by it.

Its not the same though, this was posted on the last page.

Yeah, God of War was smart to limit that stuff to special enemies. You can even still earn bonus XP killing fodder enemy types in certain ways, but it doesn't force you into a stupid, halting cinematic every single time. That was what was so grating about the Ryse footage at E3.

There is no problem about being QTE based.

The only problem is people being offended that the game is associated with QTEs, and people feel that being associated with QTEs is offensive, because of whatever reason they want to have.

Apparently having QTEs is offensive to Ryse, but that's OK to say Heavy Rain sucks as a game? I mean... move on people. Taking this QTE thing way, way too seriously. People obviously offended by the publisher's name on the box more than anything else.

It has QTEs, get over it. You will like the game based on the whole package, not the fact that is has or has not QTEs. Sheesh. You guys are acting like it's a cold war/poorly worded war of words in here.

People only get that way because you have people coming into the thread saying the game sucks because it is QTE based. When it is in fact not QTE based. Even if there is an argument over whether the finisher's are QTEs or not.

Regards,
SB

Well I agree, that's not fair too, so in that case, everyone got to stop being such babies about it on both sides...

The only reason people are making such a big deal about it is because it's an exclusive title anyway. Everyone got to make their proverbial stand in a thread about this game because of it... it's the same as people completely disinterested and half-hearted about KZ going into the KZ thread exclaiming what "horrible shadows" it has or how "last gen" it looks.

Those people who do that have to realize: no one else cares what you think if you're going to act like that.

And to the people who are doing that in both of these threads, all I have to say is this: you know who you are, we know who you are, and you aren't fooling anyone. If you got nothing nice to say or contribute, or your only goal is to diminish others interest in posting on this board, then just don't post.

Just seriously immature and disappointing to see on B3D.

Anyway, surprise surprise to all those folk: there is life and games after Ryse and KZ SF, and frankly we have no say in the success of lack thereof of either game, so stop making it a personal crusade to fight in these threads or just ruffle other people's feathers at others expense. Just don't post.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the most glitchy game I have seen shown for next gen.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=77679045&postcount=179
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQTk_EpZ5ZY

Hate to add fuel to the fire, but in my honest opinion, the gameplay looks laughably bad. :???: Hasn't this game been in development for almost 5 years?

I get the feeling that this is going to be the xbones Heavenly Sword equivalent. Technical showcase, looks pretty good, but ends up being shallow and repetitive. And then is quickly forgotten when the next wave of games arrive.
In addition to good visuals, HS had a decent combat system, story and likable characters. The problems were that it was short, had little to no replay value and the framerate wasn't very good. The combat also wasn't up to other action game standards, like DMC or NG. There are quite a few people that liked HS though, including myself.

/OT.

I could not care less about this glitchfest that forces bullettime QTE at the end of each kill [which is automatic, you only press button to get more points].

Totally uninteresting.

Hasn't this game been in development for almost 5 years?

Development was probably restarted from scratch when Crytek took the project away from the Budapest studio and downsized them. Originally it was an X360 title, most likely on a previous iteration of the engine and with a completely different design approach...

I'd say the current iteration is about 2 years in the making, but they might be building upon research material gathered for the first version.

There's a perfectly good explanation:

Im having trouble telling if this post and the one it quotes is a joke post or not. I'm sorry but to say some people are hostile towards a game (especially a website that does reviews) because its exclusive?, to say they are hostile because the game looks so good (thats subjective btw). Seems like your drawing a bow nearly bigger then the earth.

My post was a joke post, RudeCurve was being serious (I think). I just thought it was funny that RudeCurve thinks people are hating on Ryse for the reasons that he gave.

I honestly don't see this game doing so good at launch. The gameplay looks really clunky and stiff. The only thing I see that Ryse has going for it is its amazing visuals. But after watching a lot of gameplay vids from E3, Gamescom, etc... I just get a "meh" feeling.

I predict 60s maybe low 70s in metacritic score.

What do they mean by: the game looks nothing than the videos and trailers released. It has lots of texture pop-in???

BECAUSE from all indications the original E3 demo footage was from and running on NVidia GTX 780s based PC. So, I'm not surprised by this outcome...

It was running on dev kits. Which means it could've been running on gtx's or the apu (not likely) or anything on the dev kit road map in between the two.

Nothing at e3 was running on 'actual' hardware for either next gen console it was all running on dev kits anyone trying to tell you otherwise has an agenda.

Back