Ryse: Son of Rome [XO]

But I thought it's more than just last gen up rezzed, no pixelated shadow and all:LOL:.

You've got a point.

The Spartan boot GIF is bringing people to the ground laughing over at Neogaf.
I'm tempted to copy it over here but I'll wait for someone else to do that while I observe which gif actually will become a meme. :LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wOhNY2Nlso

The texture pops seem more like a change of the theme to me, not actual texture loading pops. Just my take.

Combat looks ok when good players are playing, so it will probably look like crap if I try. haha

Bugs are bugs, some will probably make it into the game while others are fixed - if this was two months later and we were seeing this I might have a lesser take on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wOhNY2Nlso

The texture pops seem more like a change of the theme to me, not actual texture loading pops. Just my take.

Combat looks ok when good players are playing, so it will probably look like crap if I try. haha

Bugs are bugs, some will probably make it into the game while others are fixed - if this was two months later and we were seeing this I might have a lesser take on it.

Yep the graphics still look amazingly good same as when the developers were playing it. Even looking at that funny animated gif you could see the nice lighting, shadows, textures, smoke.

Last edited by a moderator:
The lighting on the Stonehenge level (roughly 1:38:40 and 1:39:25 in the video) looks fairly remarkable. The gameplay doesn't look fun though and I guess there are only four or five types of barbarians?

The lighting on the Stonehenge level (roughly 1:38:40 and 1:39:25 in the video) looks fairly remarkable. The gameplay doesn't look fun though and I guess there are only four or five types of barbarians?

The graphics are pretty good, that's for sure.

The game seems to revolve around executions and the ability to get more of them and chaining them.
If this is indeed the core mechanic, then it's very worrying.

I really like the slowmotion moments! I loved them in GOW3 and I really think that they look super stylish :)
Gameplay looks quite good as well...cool!

+1....for me if you're going to have the really nice graphics makes sense to slow it down and give it that cinematic feel so you could see everything in detail.

Back