Deus Ex 3 (PC)

The obvious caveats are worse performance and image quality, but judging from the few PC screens I've seen so far, the console gamers are not gonna miss out on a lot, especially since tiny enhancements here and there are pretty much irrelevant unless you are sitting right in front of a monitor.

I ordered the PS3 version myself, simply because my PS3 generates a lot less noise and consumes a hell of a lot less power. I also play on a projector so more than 720p aren't going to do me much good.

I like my PC, but I like it for the Steam deals and games like The Witcher 2. Games that make proper use of the hardware basically. I couldn't care less about excessive amounts of frames per second or last minute Dx11 enhancements. I'm fine with 30fps unless we are talking fighting games or stuff like Devil May Cry.

I don't need to put console caveats into my post, there's already plenty of people doing that...

Has it been confirmed yet that this game will support the 360 gamepad natively on pc? Googled a bit and couldn't find any concrete info (tried xpadder in the past, hated it). I was going to wait on this title but dang with all the good reviews I think I'll bite sooner than later.

Well, pre-ordered the PC augmented edition from Amazon and it still hasn't shipped yet (supposed to be here tomorrow), and their page for this item now shows that it's not available.

I don't need to put console caveats into my post, there's already plenty of people doing that...

Ah. I was just confused by the phrasing of your post... It threw me off. Stuff that comes across as an incomplete thought(Regardless of if it is in fact one or not) always does that to me.

I hope 1 day shipping from Amazon.uk to Germany is reliable. The German language track is supposed to be pretty good, but apparently very much out of sync with the lip movements. Big no-no for me. Unfortunately the German version comes with 4 different languages, except English is not one of them:devilish:

I personally have a relatively good PC but I'll probably still get it for the 360 because it's going to be more fun from the couch, with the TV and surround sound and all. All this PC gaming nostalgic snobbish stuff is getting a bit on my nerves, really.

Of course this has been mentioned by now, and I'm sure you are aware.. you can play PC games from your couch with surround sound. :oops: I do it all the time.

Yeah, I moved my gaming rig into the living room nearly 7 years ago now and haven't looked back since. Best of both worlds.

I can see caveats of both approaches. PC means patches, drivers, DRM, and who knows what other kind of stuff that annoys me nowadays.
That's why I've bought everything in the last few years from Steam (and very rarely D2D or EA/Origin, usually regretting it). The only problem left are retarded publishers like Ubisoft who install their own DRM. I wanted to play Settlers 7 again recently and for the life of me I can't get it working - it seems Yummy Player was uninstalled and now nothing that's supposed to install it does so (even after trying manual fixes) which means the game won't launch. Completely ridiculous.

Steam DRM is wonderful though. And did you know that game activation is tied to IP address location rather than credit card location so you're not constrained by publisher delays if you live outside of the USA? ;) Right, it's 9AM but it looks like I'm offline for the day! :D

1314036316smpjuiuwgy32l.png

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Performance Preview

I wish they put out a demo ! I have bad memories of Deus Ex : IW ! a demo would surely help in chking out if I can survive that brown look for long hours too ;) !

This confirms my suspicion that post-process AA is not the way forward. But it's better than nothing.

Have You seen SMAA results? I'm actually certain that its a way forward, especially with a little downsampling.

I wish they put out a demo ! I have bad memories of Deus Ex : IW ! a demo would surely help in chking out if I can survive that brown look for long hours too ;) !

Download leaked beta, they didnt mind that people used it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't had time to dig into that yet, but it sounds neat. Of course if it really does take subpixel information into account then it is not a pure post-process technique by definition.

The future of AA is not MSAA, MLAA, FXAA or any one thing. It is smart rendering techniques and using the right technique at the right time. Look at the power lines in (I think) NFS Shift 2 for a good example.

I got ATI SSAA working in the game. Switch to DX9 mode and it works. But it doesn't get all aliasing (deferred rendering issues my guess) and there is a white noise around some things. It's too bad because it's generally better than the post process AA. In some ways I prefer no AA to that post process stuff because it wipes out / rounds fine details everywhere.

360 pad works automatically. I've played with both KB/mouse and the pad. Either way is fine I think.

There are some performance problems, unsurprisingly for modern PC ports. It looks like data streaming is causing stuttering but there is something else dragging down even monster video cards. Visual complexity is par for the course for PS360 era so it's not the complexity (nor the resolution, as I play at 1360x768 on my TV setup).

Personally I think the gameplay is awesome though. It's a Deus Ex game. There are similarities to both prior releases, but it's got nice open areas like the original. Chicago is neat.

So, retail copies of the PC version include a coupon for a free Onlive copy of the game. Neato way to advertise the service, right?

Gamestop is opening all copies of the PC version and removing the coupon.

So, retail copies of the PC version include a coupon for a free Onlive copy of the game. Neato way to advertise the service, right?

Gamestop is opening all copies of the PC version and removing the coupon.

I just read that, but haven't heard what they're doing with the coupons.

Back