Deus Ex 3 (PC)

The most dissapointing thing about IW was that it was made by the same team. I'd like to know why they couldn't get the PC exclusive deal with Eidos. I'm positive the game would have sold at least the same or probably more if it was made that way. IW sold something like just 200k more than the original.

They could've handled the multiplatform development much better. PS2 port of the original had all the mechanics left in tact, and outside of the changes to get around memory limitations it was a faithful version of the game as much as possible. Compare this to this. It was a first look into how badly cross-platform development could turn out in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the game out already???

Cos I saw a link to ps3iso where it can be downloaded for CFW ps3 :oops: !!!

EDIT: Hey, its on torrents too !!! Leaked?

Preloaded and ready to go. :) I am in full spoiler avoidance mode now. No review reading. Decent scores are all I need to know about.

Besides, I beat EYE. I'm tolerant of weak everything now lol.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/08/22/70336/

The most interesting parts can’t be discussed here, because they’re yours to discover. And really, discover them you should. Despite its obvious visual console shackles, this is a game that remembers what PC games were once all about, and honours them. It’s a refreshing reminder of what games can be in the current swamp of six-hour follow-em-up shooters, and stands shoulders, chest and waist above. When games get close to the glory of Looking Glass, our expectations can rise extremely high. That Deus Ex: Human Revolution meets so many of them is a remarkable feat.

I loved this paragraph from the RPS review:

It’s an extraordinary relief. Like that moment when your shoulders finally slide down into the hot bathwater, you physically and mentally relax in the knowledge that you’re back to that place. Remember when first-person games were complex, multifarious, and had a quicksave? Remember Thief, Deus Ex, Bloodlines? It’s that place, that brain-massaging, hair-stroking safe place of excellence that it was getting hard to remember ever really happened.

Despite its obvious visual console shackles, this is a game that remembers what PC games were once all about, and honours them

It's ironic, and somewhat of a hyprocicy, that the game is guaranteed to sell more copies on consoles.

I personally have a relatively good PC but I'll probably still get it for the 360 because it's going to be more fun from the couch, with the TV and surround sound and all. All this PC gaming nostalgic snobbish stuff is getting a bit on my nerves, really.

I have a PC connected to the living room TV (w/ 360 pad) because you are right in that many games are better enjoyed there. Everything except strategy games and perhaps MMORPGs (due to the complex UI).

I think it's becoming popular to appease people's nostalgia of the '90s and its supposed glory days of PC gaming. Dot com bubble game experimentation (see Ion Storm lol). Nevermind the unreal number of horrible games released back then, I guess.

Before Deus Ex and System Shock, there was Shadowrun. ;)

And the console wanking of "it's more fun because of the comfy couch" is getting on the nerves just as well.
That's interesting too because I've been playing console games and PC games since forever and the couch is nothing new for console games. The Atari worked well there too, y'know. It probably means that many PC gamers are moving to consoles and are so amazed by the couch that they can't say enough about it. ;)

But it's also interesting when they don't admit to caveats because I can't stand strategy games on the TV due to the UI. I'm pretty sure MMORPG people will say the same. Console games have mega huge fonts and such for a reason.

That's interesting too because I've been playing console games and PC games since forever and the couch is nothing new for console games. The Atari worked well there too, y'know. It probably means that many PC gamers are moving to consoles and are so amazed by the couch that they can't say enough about it. ;)

Let's celebrate the couch then. ;)

I can see caveats of both approaches. PC means patches, drivers, DRM, and who knows what other kind of stuff that annoys me nowadays. Heck, I'm not entirely convinced my i7 - GTX460 combo would be able to run the game at 1600*1050 at a stable framerate; the Crysis 2 demo certainly did not perform as well as I hoped, never really bothered about the full game after.

I've been playing on my PC well until the X360 was released, I only got one sometime in 2009. I find the experience a lot more comfortable, maybe it's just me, maybe it's sitting in a chair in front of a desk 10-12 hours a day, but I prefer that approach to the mouse and keyboard.

As for PC games, Ultima 7 and other Origin games are the ones I have the fondest memories of. Still got the boxes with the 1.44s somewhere in this room...

Did you mean to put in the caveats of the console side of things in that post? It feels... incomplete. Like you forgot something.

Back