[360] Forza Motorsport 3

i bought the LE & it says it has codes to unlock some goodies like vip membership,cars & theme.Still cant figure out where my theme actually is

i bought the LE & it says it has codes to unlock some goodies like vip membership,cars & theme.Still cant figure out where my theme actually is

Your theme is the link give by AIStrong. ;)
We also got the LCE and where are some problem to got the theme so MS give the link above for the theme.

Digital Foundry Analysis

Your theme is the link give by AIStrong. ;)
We also got the LCE and where are some problem to got the theme so MS give the link above for the theme.

Is interesting to read. I felt there was a little too much apology for the opinions but the information I felt was accurate.

Last Sunday I had easily the best racing experience in game that I can recall. My friend was over and we did a Forza 3 marathon. First of all, the career mode is great. I like how the events adapt to the car in use.

So we work ourselves upto Season 3 which is S class cars for the season championship. Being short on money we decide to use the S7. For the record, we're playing with AI on hard and no assists except regular manual and we're getting 95% bonuses. What came next was the most tense racing we've both ever done. Holding off a Bugatti Veyron on LeMans and Road Atlanta was a workout. I have to say, i aboslutely was impressed by the AI on the Bugatti. The car raced clean. We were having to weave and block on the straights while the AI kept it's composure and tried to find a way around vs just slamming into us. A couple of time the AI would overshoot a corner trying a late braking attempt and at other times we would go in too deep only to see the Bugatti, come under and bump us a bit on the as we try to get back on line (which is fair). It's still hard to explain how good the racing was is. Much better than the tools on Live that we tried to play with later on (except Josh :) ) They need to add a good penalty system for online racing. I'm sure they'll look into it.

The other part that impressed me is the auction house. I never really gave it a go in Forza 2 so most of it might be the same but it's "new" to me and I must say it's laid out really well. I was able to figure it out quickly as the layout is logical and easy to navigate. I also made a killer purchase. After Season 3, the championship for Season 4 is R3 class cars. Now there's quite a few cars in this class but they're all give and take. I did a lot of searching and found that the FXX was what I wanted. Only one problem....3 million Credit!!! (maybe 2)? Either way, way too much for my small budget. This is what prompted me to check out the auction house. Long story short, I ended up with a FXX for 330,000 credits and I couldn't be happier. This is *THE* car to have in Season 4. Drives like a dream.

Actually my best race in FM3 is One Lap Class A on Fuji with Peugeot 207 Super 2000 boost to A600, not the best car for time but really fun and hard to not made some mistakes first time I'm done all the track (with full damage on, thanks rewind! ;) ), and AI is also harder than me so a epic fight.

So we work ourselves upto Season 3 which is S class cars for the season championship. Being short on money we decide to use the S7. For the record, we're playing with AI on hard and no assists except regular manual and we're getting 95% bonuses. What came next was the most tense racing we've both ever done. Holding off a Bugatti Veyron on LeMans and Road Atlanta was a workout. I have to say, i aboslutely was impressed by the AI on the Bugatti. The car raced clean. We were having to weave and block on the straights while the AI kept it's composure and tried to find a way around vs just slamming into us. A couple of time the AI would overshoot a corner trying a late braking attempt and at other times we would go in too deep only to see the Bugatti, come under and bump us a bit on the as we try to get back on line (which is fair). It's still hard to explain how good the racing was is. Much better than the tools on Live that we tried to play with later on (except Josh :) ) They need to add a good penalty system for online racing. I'm sure they'll look into it.
Nice impressions !

Anyone up for some racing next weekend (Nov. 14th night there of)? Robert said he would probably be available. That would give us some time to practice, any recommendations? I enjoyed Sedona Club today so I wouldn't mind:

* Sedona Club
* C class
* 5 laps
* AI: Hard (to fill in unpopulated slots)
* Assists: Open (don't want to scare joker and Scott off!)

Anyone up for some racing next weekend (Nov. 14th night there of)? Robert said he would probably be available. That would give us some time to practice, any recommendations? I enjoyed Sedona Club today so I wouldn't mind:

* Sedona Club
* C class
* 5 laps

I'm game. I believe I have a 300zx in C-class.

I've wanted to ask this for some time now but never really quite got so far, but finally, curiousity has took over and I can resist not asking no longer!

Are their any cars in Forza 3 that can be driven without the roof on? I have noticed on quite a few screens that all the cars that can supposedly lower the roof, that it's up all the time. I.e. all the cabriolets I've seen always have the soft roof up. Am I correct or have just not seen any?

I've wanted to ask this for some time now but never really quite got so far, but finally, curiousity has took over and I can resist not asking no longer!

Are their any cars in Forza 3 that can be driven without the roof on? I have noticed on quite a few screens that all the cars that can supposedly lower the roof, that it's up all the time. I.e. all the cabriolets I've seen always have the soft roof up. Am I correct or have just not seen any?

Hey Phil, the first step to cheating is looking :p

No, not to my knowledge. I have yet to see a convertible with the top down. Good observation--it would be great to see this changed. *But* with the roll over damage don't expect to see this changed anytime soon.

"What happens if you roll over an open top car without any rollover bars? (like an old Porsche 550 Spyder)"

The fluffy dice and air freshner go t**s up.

Anyone one else exprienced this. Playing at a friends house, AI car rolls over and stops. However the "AI car" is still accelarating, braking and changing gears as if he's still racing. Even though the car is stationary?

Thought it was rather funny.... and lame QA wise.

Found this awesome picture on GAF - I think whenever un-called for comparisons between a certain two games pop up in either of the dedicated threads, or other threads that they don't belong to, the mods should replace the offending post with this picture ... :LOL:

original.aspx

* Sedona Club
* C class
* 5 laps

I finally got the game, been steadily winning with my pimped out edge-of-C class 1990 Camaro. Fun so far, with many noob assists on :) It's hard for me to predict when I'm on Live nowadays, but I'll join in if I can.

A little annoying that it is now possible to meddle with the R[1-3] cars. Ruins online R3/R2 races.

Swap and upgrade the engine of the Dyson Racing Lola B09/86-Mazda R1-class car to allow racing in R3 and R2 classes. Obliterates all oppsition. The swapped engine adds 140 kgs to the car, but allows you to upgrade the engine to 700KW while still in R1, - resulting in a speed way monster

Cheers

Gubbi, you should join us sometime for some online racing :D

As much as I am really enjoying FM3 their "hopper" system stinks (FM2 was way better). There are little niggles I hate too; e.g. they added AI (woot!!) for split-screen. The bad? It really sucks when you are selecting D and C class cars and the AI selects R3s! The lack of AI options in split-screen versus online (which has a lot of AI options) stinks. I did like how FM2 allowed you to select the AI level of every driver AND select their car for them. That said FM3 split-screen is a lot of fun.

And I am unable to find a "force n pits" option.

Back on split-screen: single button racing works great for casuals (kids!) Race car games are one of those nice no-violence, no-sex games that I don't mind rewarding my son with. The problem with most of them is they are hard. The single button racing in FM3 is really, really well done. So much so my 5yo can beat easy AI with it enabled and if I give him a couple classes better car than mine he can be competitive, even beat me with a good run.

I am also pretty convinced Turn10 (as much as I am ticked at lobbies) did a great job with the driving model and accessibility. We had company this weekend who wanted to play some games. They really dug Geometry Wars 2 and Trials HD. They were talking about getting a 360 after playing those arcade games. When they fired up Forza 3 they couldn't stop (literally). We were able to setup car assists to match their skill and the two gents raced for hours--and had some pretty good, close races. They really enjoyed how the cars behaved realistically but it was also fun. As they progressed to faster cars we had to toss on more assists. Their first run with a race car on Maple Valley I think is what sold them. They were doing horrible with no assists (way too much power) and after a number of frustrating rounds they let me do it. When they saw you could run 5 laps without wiping out with no assists they were totally sold on the game. We toned it down with some traction control, ABS, and automatic shifting and they were having a lot of fun but were really "chasing the carrot" wanting to get better to turn off more assists to really enjoy how different the cars felt.

When non-next-gen-console owners (slight car nuts--they knew a LOT more about cars and racing than I did) can have fun with a racing sim racing, you know the developers did something right. Especially when you can enable enough options to make it a serious racing game but can scale it back for accessibility. And when they ask, "How do you ever get anything done?" because they cannot let go of the gamepad (after midnight!) you know this is a good formula.

Now give me my open Lobbies Turn10 :devilish:

Back