[360] Forza Motorsport 3

No! No! No! No!

I want real racetracks, with real overtaking opportunities; Circuits with advanced combinations of corners with multiple lines through them. I do not want the bore-fests that are Monaco, Valencia, Singapore or Melbourne, where you'd be lucky to see a handful of overtakes.

And what boring US tracks? Are you talking about oval layouts of some US tracks? And if you don't like high speed circuits why do you want Monza ?

I could do without the Mickey Mouse circuits:
Amalfi Coast (R1 race in a cobble stoned Italian seaside resort, WTF!), New York (one overtaking opportunity per lap), Tsukuba (short and boring).

And I would love to see Spa in F3.

Cheers

I want SPA as DLC and I'm not buying any of the car packs until I get Spa.

As for the game, I have 3 issues with it:
1. lack of custom public lobbies online
2. prize money for winning races/season. The economy is broken
3. heavy compression kills photomode

Everything else about the game is fantastic. Love the driving model, AI, customizations in private lobbies, interface and such.

picked this up over the weekend on sale at GS for $39.99.... well worth it... not really a sim race fan but the more I play the more I appreciate the realism. although I suck (using most of the assists) :) .

have not even bothered online just learning how to drive in season mode and the racing is the most realistic I've ever seen while still being fun. It is missing a lot of the debris, and atmospherics of the NFS shifts/Grids/Dirts but the car and environment details are top notch.

the accessibility to newbies like me was a smart move for T10. IMO

No! No! No! No!

I want real racetracks, with real overtaking opportunities; Circuits with advanced combinations of corners with multiple lines through them. I do not want the bore-fests that are Monaco, Valencia, Singapore or Melbourne, where you'd be lucky to see a handful of overtakes.

And what boring US tracks? Are you talking about oval layouts of some US tracks? And if you don't like high speed circuits why do you want Monza ?

I could do without the Mickey Mouse circuits:
Amalfi Coast (R1 race in a cobble stoned Italian seaside resort, WTF!), New York (one overtaking opportunity per lap), Tsukuba (short and boring).

And I would love to see Spa in F3.

Cheers

Amalfi coast is good addition but IMO T10 have ruined it. They made roads too wide it doesn't feel like racing on the 'road'. The reason why I want Monaco is because of technical demands of driving skill & overtaking. And of course it is the circuit of F1 racing.

Amalfi track can be fun! Try racing it with some friends, and make everyone drive Land Rovers. Every turn becomes an opportunity to roll over your opponents :)

Amalfi coast *is* fun, racing Fiat 500s or similar in D-F classes, but racing R1 cars on the track is just neverending frustration, I haven't had such a bad experience since having to race V12s on the King Cobra circuit in F2.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
holy moly... been removing assists a bit at a time and working my career, mid way season 2 and the amount of details and things to do and ways to play and interact with this game is mind numbing, not to mention the excellent driving/racing... Definitely a game I could see having until the end of the generation.

the accessibility to newbies like me was a smart move for T10. IMO

Very.

Took a bunch of games to an outing, the only 2 played were Rock Band and FM3 by choice.

I'm pretty hooked to it atm, just too preoccupied with other matters and lack of any wheel to have a serious hardcore commitment :cry:

if I dare :p

Next time you see me on hit me up for some FM3, ok?

Btw, it is a very accessible game. Our 5yo can do pretty good with the autobrake. He loves getting new cars and painting them, and then "crashupsplode" them while racing :LOL:

what assists do you guys use?

I'm currently playing on Hard but ran for a while with all assists off except ABS. (auto)

Nurburgring GP circuit out on tuesday I think for 400MSP.

Quite overpriced actually in my opinion for just two tracks, when they were giving out FM1 DLC tracks for 100msp each.

what assists do you guys use?

I'm currently playing on Hard but ran for a while with all assists off except ABS. (auto)

I run with everything off less ABS and automatic, although I sometimes do manual (if I am racing others who aren't very good). Traction control may go on when racing R1s.

Whoa, nice turn around after the disaster of a launch. People in the EU must be buying it?

As an aside, their online mode has killed online play for me. I haven't seen a friend on in weeks so I only play with my son. Not that match making isn't slightly workable, only that I loath the setup and options. I guess I rather not play their half @#$@ online mode--FM2 was clearly better in this regards. In every other way FM3 rocks.

yes theres been a UK forza3 bundle for months, its also doing very well in the charts normally in the top20 each week there. It should hit easily 3 million when alls said and done

FM2 hit 4M, so I may even say it repeats. I don't foresee it having a lot of direct competition and it looks like MS plans to periodically market the title.

FM2 hit 4M, so I may even say it repeats. I don't foresee it having a lot of direct competition and it looks like MS plans to periodically market the title.

The GT5 delay probably helped, but it will be interesting to see if this title takes on a more long term 'burn' like some PS titles. With added marketing 4M 'shouldn't be a problem'.

It seemed to have a slow start but a good number now; it feels like a different purchasing pattern than some other major 360 titles. Word of mouth must be very positive.

I purchase about every other Gran Turismo, but for all their brilliance they feel somewhat sterile to me. Forza looks like an interesting blend of genres so I like to see it being successful.

Back