[PS3] Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Live blog for Square Enix event today:
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/01/18/square_enix_premier_live_blog/

I'm not attending the event myself, but similar to the Nintendo Conference event from September, I'll be live blogging second hand.

The reason I'm posting the story so early is because people have already started posting stuff via Twitter and so-forth.

09:02 -- Just in case you chose to ignore the introduction paragraph, I'm posting this story so early because information is slowly beginning to trickle in. Until 18:00 or so, there probably won't be too many updates, so refresh the page every now and then to see if anything has happened. Post 18:00, this article will become a proper live blog, with streaming text updates.

I believe he's referring to 18:00 in Japan ?

I'm more interested in their plans to improve Final Fantasies ! ^_^

Did they ever say if FF Versus or Agito will support online ?

Before FFXIII's release Square once mentioned that they had to cut a lot of contents, probably cause of disc limitation. Hope that doesn't happens with Versus XIII. :|

Supposedly the emphasized PS3 only again during the press conference and the Trailer will be available to all in HD on the 27th. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes multi but they are asking for some backlash with the way they keep emphasizing PS3 if they do.

Given the open nature of the game, if they're capitalizing on the extra blu-ray capacity this could prove problematic for a 360 version. It's not insurmountable, but it would require mandatory installation. Also Nomura and his engineers are definitely optimizing for the PS3 without planning for an xbox360 version, so if management at SE do decide to port the title later on it should have little bearing on the PS3 version.

New trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A0AU1eNSXk&feature=player_embedded

Still exclusive at this point

ffvxiiiz.jpg

Impressive visual. Like the combat.

[Praying hard for a good story]

It better delivers on "a fantasy based on reality" !
Was hoping to see the world map. Oh well...

I don't know man. They need to bring their chops.

I :love: Demon's Souls, Valkyria Chronicles, and Nier. FF needs to stand out more.

The CG quality is top notch...just wow. Loved the battle sequences , Kingdom hearts battle system with teleportation and other new features. and mostly you can change between your party members during battle.

few infos

party members names :

http://i.imgur.com/HOI7D.png

Ignis ( the buddy with glasses and spike hair )
Gladiolus
Noctis

http://i.imgur.com/g9g5m.png
Gladiolus
prompio ?
Noctis

translation of the dialogues occuring in the trailer from a kotaku member
Driver: Prince Noctis. (Several times)
Driver: That over there's intense isn't it?
Noctis: It's just like an occupation.
(Tool booth says that it's closed, but they get to go through anyway since he's a prince.)
Noctis: Goodbye, whoever you are.
Lady: You see the light too, right Noctis?
Lady: So do I.
Lady: When the goddess Etro opens the gates to welcome the souls of the fallen, the dazzling light that lights up the land of the dead leaks out into the heaven.
Lady: Sometimes there are those that can see the light. These people are gifted with powers from the land of the dead.
Lady: Did you receive any powers Noctis?
Noctis: I don't know about Etro's light or whatever, but I don't like seeing that.
Lady: But why... why are there people who can see it and people who can't, I wonder?
Lady: I believe that there is some special meaning to it, and I've been thinking about it for a long time.
Noctis: A meaning with.. seeing the light?
Lady: Yes. For example maybe there is something I must do or accomplish?

King: I see, so you are just using it?
King: However, I'm sorry to say that you can not become king.
King: I will not turn over the throne to anyone.
King: I will go down in history as the last king
Noctis: Ignis, how was it?
Ignis: L'cie(?) were continuing as if nothing happened. They continue to thrive together with the crystal.
Ignis: I believe that this is the best way it could end for the Niflheim side. (There's some word that sounds like like Hanawa.. but I don't think it fits in. Might be referring to some in-game thing that I/we don't know anything about.
Noctis: That means we will do a full assault and recapture the crystal, right?
Ignis: No, look at it realistically Noct.
Noctis: You saw my strength, didn't you!?
Gladiolus: We saw it, but your body isn't used to your new power yet. I must be tough right now.
Ignis: You're going to need time.

Grumpy: Let's go!
Noctis: Why should I, the strongest of us all, run away?
Ignis: When you're here the number of victims will increase.
Noctis: Why!?
Ignis: You're their target. They probably want to take you hostage and use that advantage in negotiations.
Noctis: Negotiations? At this stage?
Noctis: I'll just beat them all.
Ignis: Noct, I'm sorry but you're just not strong enough.
Noctis: WTF!?
(DRAGOON! HELLZ YEAH!)

Ignis (I think): Do you have a plan? Something 10 times worse.
Noctis: I'm going to think of a way to return it hundredfold

And now we have

So we now know we have:

HD towns and cities.
Vehicles (Car, Airship, Mechs)
Zero shifting.
Excellent lighting.
Excellent particle physics.
Blood.
Orchestral/synth music.
First person, and third person gameplay (including shooting)
Modern setting.
Excellent CGI.
Tragedy storyline.
Day-Dusk-Night cycle as seen in the game (all realtime through the clouds)
-Worldmap
-Character switching during battle.

Still want to see Limit breaks and Summons.

I like the Action RPG aspect. Hope to see Move integration in this title, like the Sorcery game. Probably difficult though.

I like the Action RPG aspect. Hope to see Move integration in this title, like the Sorcery game. Probably difficult though.

Ever played a Kingdom Hearts game ? This basically plays just like that, but also has lots off-beat stuffs not really seen in JRPGs (I rikes !).

WOW! Love the real-world setting! Really looking forward to this, and wonder how the shooter elements will integrate in the gameplay...

Back