[PS3] Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Tightening the story does not mean less content, or follow western style. They can go deep to explore and forge a stronger relationship with the characters (like Heavy Rain). It can paint a Far East perspective if they want.

I do agree FFXIII's battle is pretty versatile. The Versus battle system is said to be different though. So anything goes.

Gameplay footage shown at TGS
http://www.finalfantasy.net/misc/15-09-2010/final-fantasy-at-tokyo-game-show/

FINAL FANTASY VERSUS XIII + FINAL FANTASY AGITO XIII
08:38p: Footage of Final Fantasy Versus XIII is being shown on the floor, it looks similar to Kingdom Hearts.
08:38p: The car that Noctis rides in has been changed from before.
09:28p: Apparently, a press conference concerning the Fabula Nova Crystallis series (Versus/Agito), will happen on January 11, 2011.
10:46p: Agito XIII footage shown of characters riding on chocobos on a large field.
10:46p: Versus XIII footage shows Noctis running around a wasteland, and he comes to a ruined city and fights a Behemoth.
11:17p: “The field in Versus is beautiful, and there was even a scene with him jumping of a cliff. In the fighting scene Noct was walking around and a Behemoth appeared in front of him. He pulled out his sword and sliced it. The action was seamless.”

Square-Enix announced special press event for the crystal series on Jan 11 2011:
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/09/16/fabula_conference/

Mhmm...We ll see. Back in february 2006/2007 they promised to show some stuffs. Then in February they said there would be a media blowout before E3. We just had a famitsu scan with 3 poor screenshots. So that's all for thise year ? Nothing for the public, not even artworks ?

They should really show something.

30 seconds gameplay footage has been leaked.

Mod edit : Huge animated gifs removed.

Field looks nice and the fighting animation looks good.

Looks promising, but the levels feel empty and could do with a little populating. Also, dunno if this is a limitation of the engine or just reflective of completion, but the foliage looks almost last gen.

Looks promising, but the levels feel empty and could do with a little populating. Also, dunno if this is a limitation of the engine or just reflective of completion, but the foliage looks almost last gen.

Well the game is at an early stage of development. Some people said at tgs that we can't expect the game to be released before late 2011 or even worse holidays 2012.
They ve completed the field. The battle system is done. They are working on the voices, and magics and other things. You can ride a car on the world and use a ship.

Waiting for the media blowout and conference next January. Hope they will teaseor releaseinfos before christmas though.

Maybe that's why this footage wasn' t meant to be public. But I really like the running animation and the fighting animation of Noctis. When he runslooks like he his carrying his weight. No more sliding animation.

Wait a minute, it's like an action RPG game. :love:

I thought they said it has menus for combat ?.

If I recall correctly, menus were purposely disabled for the trailer as they didn't want to reveal anything additional about the combat/game menus and mechanics.

Ok make sense. I only care about atmosphere and flow of the game. Looking good. Now if he can add some white ghosts and blood stains.... :runaway:

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/09/21/nomura_fabula_conference/

If you've been wondering why Square Enix has been so quiet about Final Fantasy Versus XIII until now, this is the reason. Nomura says the Versus team has been working towards a proper unveiling at the Fabula conference, which is why they were unable to share information at E3 and even kept mostly quiet at TGS.

"We will show proper screens for both Versus and Agito," said Nomura.

By "proper," Nomura could be referring to how the brief Versus footage at TGS was edited to remove any menus or screen prompts. In past interviews and Twitter updates, he said that this was done to keep people from figuring out too much about the game. Perhaps those elements will remain in the images shared at the Fabula Conference.

[UPDATE 17:12 -- The terms "screen" and "images" may be misleading here. Nomura doesn't seem to be referring to "screenshots," but the actual game screen itself. I'm pretty certain Square Enix won't be showing a bunch of still screenshots at the event.]

Different from 2008's DKS3713 fan event, which marked the debut of in-game Final Fantasy XIII footage, Nomura tells Famitsu the Fabula Conference is meant for press. However, he added that Square Enix is looking into letting the public in.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/09/29/nomura_ffvxiii_twitter/

Tetsua Nomura got into one of those moods earlier today and made a few posts about Final Fantasy Versus XIII at The 3rd Birthday Twitter.

Wrote Nomura, "Yesterday, we had meetings about three sections -- maps, events and battles. For the map section, I checked the problem areas that had been fixed. The staff had gone beyond the requests and and filled them with playful elements. I put in orders for additional areas as well."

Nomura's got a bit specific about what he was checking on the maps:

The look of a forest that you can see once you've cleared a narrow mountain path.
Things that are required when leaving the city by moving on the roofs of buildings.
The positioning of the bookshelves in shops
How flags are standing
How the sea is handled on the world map
The roads you can see from the air ship
The length of bridges
Regarding events, Nomura said he can't say too much without providing spoilers. He's checking such things as:

The look on a character during a short cut in a scene where he or she is leaving.
Explanation of a fathers feelings during a conversation scene.
The areas that they want to have connected seamlessly, and the areas that they want to connect via cuts.
Explanations about the heroines movements.
For both of these areas, Nomura was attempting to convey that the check work goes down to detailed levels.
Regarding battles, Nomura checked up on menu areas yesterday. "We're doing lots of trial and error on this. When you say Final Fantasy, you think of enemy damage figures flying out and showing player HP. What will we do with these in the action-heavy Versus?"

Outside of the direct Versus XIII bits, Nomura provided an update about future Twitter activity. Dissidia won't be getting its own Twitter, he said. They're currently looking at the possibility of opening up Twitter feeds for FF Agito XIII and Versus XIII, although he noted that if these existed they would probably be closer to the Kingdom Hearts Twitter where, unlike The 3rd Birthday Twitter, there wouldn't be as many comments from the development staff.

Thumbs up. There will be shops lol.

Yeah, with Valkyria Chronicles going to PSP, Project Dark not ready yet, this would be the third RPG choice for me (and may be FFXIV). Need to try out Mass Effect 2 also.

Hope they bring back something like FFVIII. Although I didn't finish it, the music and the "magical" game world did appeal supremely to me. And please don't lock the game saves !

I' m intrigued by the heavy action gameplay he refers with those numbers appearing as damages from classical FFs.I really don't mind If there is no indication of player and the ennemy HPs. As long as we have a life jauge like in KH I don't really mind. I just hope we will be able to play with the other party members. Also I'd love to see limit breaks to be back. And see If they will bring back more Classical design ofthe summons instead of Bio-mecanic summons like in FFXIII.

PleaseSquare, release the trailer in good quality footage and that will make my day before next year.

Back