Leipzig Games Convention

A colleague from work is going with his clan. I told him to take lot of pics and bring some goodies, Promo packs and stuff.

Codemasters - FUEL (PS3, 360 & PC)

FUEL is making its debut at Leipzig Games Convention

http://www.totalvideogames.com/news/Codies_Announce_FUEL_13659_7764_0.htm

Promising the largest environments to feature in a multi-terrain racer, FUEL is built upon Asobo Studios' cutting-edge proprietary engine that offers environments up to 5,000 square miles. From the tsunami-wrecked Pacific coast to the Nevada wastelands, a dynamic weather system adds further drama with full day-to-night transitions, brilliant sunshine, torrential rain, and destructive tornados, sandstorms, thunderstorms, lightning strikes, and blizzards.

I like the sound of that, already looking forward to it.

Hmm, interesting. The studio is mostly known for PS2, PC and Mac versions of movie tie-ins I think (like Wall-E). Will be interesting to see what else they can do.

Ok guys the GC starts very soon its 11pm GMT at the minute in Germany and 10pm GMT here in the UK. For all our American friends that are behind us in the time zones i will do my best tomorrow to keep you up to date with all thats happening at the GC in this thread.

Roll on GC :D:D

http://www.gamekyo.com/news28631_heavy-rain-sur-ps3-a-la-conference-sony-demain.html

Apparently, they sneaked into the rehearsal and saw part of the presentation.

we are almost certain that a new trailer of Heavy Rain for the PlayStation 3 with ingame footage was broadcasted. We can also confirm that a new trailer of LittleBigPlanet will be shown and Pete Smith, Producer of the game, will be giving us some details about his game on stage. The conference will also focus on the new SingStar for PlayStation 3.

GC 2008: Direct Feed of the Rage Trailer

Video in the link - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=195612

id Software and EA’s latest direct feed trailer for the game RAGE has hit the web thanks to the Games Convention. The game, is obviously influenced heavily from the Mad Max franchise and is shaping up to look like one of the best looking games of this era.

I like it, but version was this. PC, PS3 or 360 ??

Last edited by a moderator:
GC 2008: New FIFA 09 Details

At EA's Games Convention press conference, FIFA 09 executive producer Andy Wilson took the time to detail new features, including a "live season" that will be introduced free for the 2008/2009 season and will update player statistics based on their actual performance. The live season is being sponsored by Adidas.

FIFA 09 line producer David Rutter took the time to show off other features that will figure prominently into FIFA, including improved dribbling, ball-trapping and "effort animations." He also announced that there will be new ball physics, and that goalkeepers will be able to dive at the feet of opposing players.

FIFA 09 will feature ten-vs-ten online play, and a demo for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 will be released September 11 (September 12 for the PC), with the official release date coming October 14 in North America for all major platforms. Looks like EA Sports is making a major push for the soccer simulation crown. Will they be able to pull it off?

Update: Latest news from GC is that the exclusive PS3 feature is: FIWC being built into the game. So gamers can track progress, play games etc through the game rather than be so website reliant.

bring it on

Last edited by a moderator:
Back