Leipzig Games Convention

http://www.gamekyo.com/news28631_heavy-rain-sur-ps3-a-la-conference-sony-demain.html

Apparently, they sneaked into the rehearsal and saw part of the presentation.

we are almost certain that a new trailer of Heavy Rain for the PlayStation 3 with ingame footage was broadcasted. We can also confirm that a new trailer of LittleBigPlanet will be shown and Pete Smith, Producer of the game, will be giving us some details about his game on stage. The conference will also focus on the new SingStar for PlayStation 3.

We know all that already.

1700 German time
1600 UK Time
11AM EST

Please check the 1st page of this thread for updates on the GC

Thanks, but unfortunately, I cannot access any of those links you provided on the first page due to my office blocking 98% of gaming and blog related websites.

General comment: at least they have a fair bit of new stuff here. Not bad!

Feed isn't stable to me, but biggest news i picked up so far is PSP 3000 being released with new better and brighter screen (with better glare protection), rounder edges, more Go! Live services and a built-in microphone so you can use Skype and Go! Messenger everywhere you have Wifi etc.

PSP 3000 will launch on 15th October in EMEA territories. It will cost EUR 199. Eight bundles available.

The 80GB PS3 will launch this Friday, one week ahead of schedule, as rumoured. Australia and New Zealand will get it on the 28th though. It will cost EUR 399.

160GB will follow come Halloween, 31st of October at 449.

LBP 29th of October in PAL regions

Wireless keypad not dissimilar to the thing that the 360 has will launch "later this year"

8 versions for the different regions, has scratchpad for mouse style controls too.

Something called 'vidzone' announced for PSN Europe, works with PSP too a bit it seems (not sure yet). Allows you to stream music and video directly.

Lots more confusing multi-media announcements ...

Lots of SingStar announcements that aren't that exciting except that they got some big artists (Michael Jackson, Manilow, Disney hits, songpacks, being able to use PS2 SingStar discs in PS3 SingStar - something that we've discussed here and will probably make at least some people happy)

EyePet: "The lifestyle boy claps and it jumps. He draws a car on a bit of paper, the monkey-thing colours it in and the lifestyle dad presses a button on the PS3 pad to turn it into a 3D wooden car."

Now Heavenly Rain comes up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tons of Singstar stuff: play PS2 songs on PS3. Disney Singstar. I'm not sure how it's "next-gen Singstar", though.

So, new stuff revealed in this conference :

VidZone is a media streaming service totally free of charge. It'll allow you to create playlists and stream the content, and works via remote play on PSP, for basically you're own radio station type thingy. You can buy stuff direct foryour mobile, or something. VidZone is distinct from the actual music and movie download service. Vidzone will launch in Q1 next year. The Music download service for PSP and PS3 will launch in Q3 2009. Go!View, the Sky service, will launch in Q3 of 2008.

SingStar update to allow PS2 discs to play on PS3, provided as a firmware update. And Disney SingStar tracks! A huge step in the right direction.

EyePet A pet eyeball. Looks very realistic and connects to PS3 via a USB cable into the cornea. Or rather, it's a virtual pet that sounds ideal for Japan! But the exciting thing is it uses user created images via PSEye to interact with the pet. EuroGamer reports :
He draws a car on a bit of paper, the monkey-thing colours it in and the lifestyle dad presses a button on the PS3 pad to turn it into a 3D wooden car.
From 2D picture to 3D car? This is needed for LBP!

Reading a little more, it actually sounds like augmented reality. Supposedly the pet interacts with objects placed in front on it. No media out yet.

And I haven't seen the touchpad either. There's nowhere for it to fit on the keyboard as shown. XB360's pad is far better designed IMO, sitting between the handles. I can't imagine using this keypad. It'd be nice for input instead of the virtual keyboard, but it can robustly be attached and removed easily, I'll stick to the slow way.

Wireless keypad not dissimilar to the thing that the 360 has will launch "later this year"

8 versions for the different regions, has scratchpad for mouse style controls too.

This is awesome and I look forward to this. I hate using a full size keyboard in my living room to get through messages, and the one for the 360 has proven to be a most valuable tool. I'm curious at home much it will weigh and what kind of effect that will have on the 6axis.

Back