Uncharted : Drake's Fortune*

Comments

New uncharted gameplay trailer:
http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_4772_fr.html

Very nice environment (Looks like HS has some competition. Heavenly Sword is more stylish/refined but this one is more free-roaming :) ).

Thank you for this link my friend. I enjoyed this video. I also agree HS has bit more refined look, this still has a little bit rough finish. HS is very difficult to see mistakes.

Graphics: Amazing! Beautiful! Super textures (in small video I have seen) amazing lighting and shadows. Also environment is incredible. I wonder how many polygons they have.

Animation & Physics: Some aspects are beautiful (like hanging and swinging), and I like they have put a little bit slide for stops like Ratchet but still this is not as smooth as Ratchet. Also, sometimes you can see very little bit air-walking for first step off platforms. Only thing I would add is make him automatically step over their dead bodies so he does not hit them with his feet to make them slide. Fighting is great. They can make this like a fighting game with great animation and actions.

AI: I dont know I have not played. But the enemy is very dedicated to their master no? I wonder why they try so hard for him/her when they see their friends die. Maybe they are professional contractors and they get high pays.

I like notification for bullet flesh wounds so he knows where they shoot from. Also I wonder what is this mystery with Francis Drake. Is there supernatural aspect for this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost every aspect of it was superb.

Only small problems were the walking on air, climbing on air (when climbing the towers, one hand was in the air) and the grenades.

For some reason, the grenades seem to have quite good particles (may be mistaken) but just doesn't look realistic. The explosion seems to not be chaotic enough.

Almost every aspect of it was superb.

Only small problems were the walking on air, climbing on air (when climbing the towers, one hand was in the air) and the grenades.

For some reason, the grenades seem to have quite good particles (may be mistaken) but just doesn't look realistic. The explosion seems to not be chaotic enough.

I dont think we'll see a good solution to floating for a long time. The smoke clouds were good with the grenades though?

wow, very impressed overall. whatever texture streaming tech they're using certainly pays off well. i really love the volumetric lighting in the dungeon and very realistic water effects. except the splashes. "man, even crysis has dissapointing splashes" only thing that needs more work is the explosion. it kinda looks weak and needs to cover a bigger radius. could also use more grass at some places but thats just picking.

wow, very impressed overall. whatever texture streaming tech they're using certainly pays off well. i really love the volumetric lighting in the dungeon and very realistic water effects. except the splashes. "man, even crysis has dissapointing splashes" only thing that needs more work is the explosion. it kinda looks weak and needs to cover a bigger radius. could also use more grass at some places but thats just picking.

Yeah it just makes a huge contrast with the rest of the graphics. Seems it is hard to do it due to most likely becouse of hardware. Although I hope it is better for DX10 or v.h/u.high settings with partial particle splashes *crosses fingers*!

Neverthless Uncharted is looking fantastic, the textures and the artwork for them is top notch, a fest for the eyes! :smile:

the water splashes need to be fixed, they look terrible ( also as ohers have mentioned the lack of ripples look weak )
overall very high quality thus stuff like this sticks out like a sore thumb (never understood that saying)

Anyone know if this game has 'physics' style puzzles like Tomb Raider Legend did? I finished that game (loved it!) and it had some neat puzzles where you have to use the environment to complete an area, like pushing a heavy object onto a long stone to make it tilt like a see-saw, so you can then walk on it as a platform, etc...

The parts where Nathan is climbing on ledges looks like Ico although the architectural style is different. Also Prince of Persia.

About walking/climbing on air, they need an animation where he's trying to regain his balance and shift his weight back towards the wall. But I'm guessing the game won't let you walk off the cliff even if you tried.

It might be tough for Uncharted because Assasin's Creed looks like a similar type of game and that's getting a lot of the publicity.

It's nice to get these action/fighting games like HS, Uncharted, Assasin's Creed. Nice departure for people who aren't fans of FPS games.

But they sorely need to investigate online features for games other than FPS and sports games.

Only thing I would add is make him automatically step over their dead bodies so he does not hit them with his feet to make them slide.

I kinda like it for them to treat the bodies as "first class" objects though. Not sure if they will come in handy later for puzzle solving. If the bodies are useless, then I agree with you.. the lesser processing, the better :)

Anyone know if this game has 'physics' style puzzles like Tomb Raider Legend did? I finished that game (loved it!) and it had some neat puzzles where you have to use the environment to complete an area, like pushing a heavy object onto a long stone to make it tilt like a see-saw, so you can then walk on it as a platform, etc...

Uncharted meets LBP! :)

I agree with the person about the grenades, too much smoke too little explosion. Regardless, Uncharted looks absolutely bonkers.

Naughty dog once again proves that they are graphics kings, I shudder at just how incredible their next platformer is going to look.

Question: Is Uncharted running off of Ice engine technology at all? Or is this reserved for their next game..?

What do you mean by explosion? Grenades arent supposed to make big explosions with fire etc.

yeah, grenades seem fine to me. if anything, theres TOO much of an explosion and there should be MORE smoke. isn't there just a small explosion inside the grenade that sends fragments everywhere (and those fragments doing the damage)?

Back