Yu Suzuki talks PS3, REV, XB360 and LINDBERGH (needs translating)

Shifty Geezer said:
What's that got to do with anything? For one thing using a person's name to determine where they live...are you serious?! Anyone living in the US proably more than anyone else should appreciate how immigrants take they names with them. There's millions of Polish, English, Italian, Irish etc. named in the US. If onetimeposter were called (when he gives a name for the internet, which may not be his/her real name) Paddy Murphy would you assume he was living in a quaint house in Cork, or as New York cop? Is Apu Nahasapeemapetilon living in a mud hut on the outskirts of Dheli or running a Kwikemart in Springtown?

And what on earth has geographical position got to do with anything (apart from game prices and availability of HD broadcasts :p)? Are we supposed to know a person by where they live (where they SAY they live on an internet forum)? Take stereotypes as a de facto standard measure of a person? Is that what you're trying to say?

Of all the inane, pointless and intellectually sterile comments, this takes the biscuit. Rule number one : Stick to discussing relevant topics (or poignant offshoots thereof). :devilish:

Brother Geezer, don't be so mad that your beloved country can't get its act together regarding HD :smile:

Shifty Geezer said:
What's that got to do with anything? For one thing using a person's name to determine where they live...are you serious?! Anyone living in the US proably more than anyone else should appreciate how immigrants take they names with them. There's millions of Polish, English, Italian, Irish etc. named in the US. If onetimeposter were called (when he gives a name for the internet, which may not be his/her real name) Paddy Murphy would you assume he was living in a quaint house in Cork, or as New York cop? Is Apu Nahasapeemapetilon living in a mud hut on the outskirts of Dheli or running a Kwikemart in Springtown?

And what on earth has geographical position got to do with anything (apart from game prices and availability of HD broadcasts :p)? Are we supposed to know a person by where they live (where they SAY they live on an internet forum)? Take stereotypes as a de facto standard measure of a person? Is that what you're trying to say?

Of all the inane, pointless and intellectually sterile comments, this takes the biscuit. Rule number one : Stick to discussing relevant topics (or poignant offshoots thereof). :devilish:

Oye shifty, you got it all wrong there. I wasn't bashing him for being part of a country or whatever. Because I clearly wasn't attacking his race or origin. Only throwing out the probability of his posts matching those of the other two :???: He does give that vibe with his posts you know. Ofcourse I can't determine the place of ones living by their name. Who the heck even said that? Now you're just putting words in my mouth old man. All I said was this name sounds from that place and then mentioned probably it's the same dude.

Too many beers? Wife left home? Or are you getting back at me for something I did to you? :p j/k don't take anything as an offense.

Last edited by a moderator:
But you were talking about location. To quote
Sheesh, google can really reveal a lot sometimes with relation to geography and names. Onetimeposter was TeamXbox's Hasan Ahmed(which is a Pakistanian name, No?)
Why do you want to know where Hasan Ahmed lives (or the origin of his name)? What has that got to do with a post from someone calling themselves pakpassion? Apart from the "this guy is actually so and so from such and such a forum" which really gets my goat anyway, I can't see what that statement was about other than a pointless attempt to localise a person.

Sorry if I read you wrong, but really, what were you talking about? Why did you want to know if Hasan Ahmed is a Pakistani name? What has that got to do with pakpassions's post? Are you tracing IP addresses or something? :???:

Part 2 of the interview is up -

http://gnn.gamer.com.tw/7/21707.html

Translation via WorldLingo:

"'Quickly Hits besides VR', in the Suzuki abundant near future game
work, the manufacture scale will be biggest, most receives plays, not
too "Sha Wood" which the family will focus attention on this section
Italian China martial arts for main axle huge risk story. Original
manufactures 16 chapters "Sha Wood", after promotes two section works,
then main engine production suspension stagnates along with SEGA the
DC until now, the story only carries on the 6th chapter, not yet
terminates. Although following has published on-line the version "Sha
Wooden Online" manufacture plan, but plays the family regarding the
story intense single plane version "Sha Wood" whether also has the
plan to promote continues does, presents the lead Pakistan month cool
risk course integrity this spot, embraces the high hope and the
curiosity.

About this spot, the Suzuki abundant expression, he is very wants to
complete "Sha Wood" entire the story, formerly had in US reaches 2 ten
thousand to play the family joint signature to hope "Sha Wood"
continued newly to do promotes, he also knew this was many plays
family's hope, but present certainly not concrete plan. But if decided
must manufacture promotes, then surely is personally fences by him,
cannot use somebody as a cat's-paw, likes "Sha Wood" plays the family
to be allowed to feel relieved."

Translation from a Japanese friend of mine -

"Yu-san wants to complete the story of Shenmue. He knows how the fans want it,
including the petition held in the US that gathered 20,000 signatures. Unfortunately,
there's no concrete plans for the development of the sequel yet, but if it'd be decided
Yu-san himself would like to direct it, noone else. So, the fans shouldn't worry!"

"Also, he reveals detailes on Shenmue Online. It seems there will be lots of changes"
about the game."

New Shenmue Online screens -

Back