Yakuza 4

patsu

Legend
Yakuza 4 release date revealed:
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/20/yakuza-4-to-pummel-faces-on-march-15/

Sega surprised us this afternoon, updating its "Spring 2011" release window for Yakuza 4 in North America with a March 15 release date. The title will arrive exclusively on the PlayStation 3, and, as promised, will bring back hostess clubs that were missing from Yakuza 3's North American release.

A new trailer for March's mafia brawler was also released, ...

(Trailer in the link)

Y4 demo for PS+ members on Feb 15. Rest of PSN Feb 22:
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/02/yakuza-4-demo-hits-playstation-plus-feb-15-rest-of-psn-feb-22/

If you're wondering about the differences between Yakuza 4's four protagonists, you'll get your chance to explore the subtle variations in each one's gangster-flattening technique starting February 15 (and Feb.16 in Europe). That's when Sega will offer a downloadable demo to the elite inner circle of the PSN family, also known as "people who paid for PlayStation Plus."

The rest of us low-level thugs will have to wait until the following Tuesday, February 22 (and a day later in Europe), when Sega makes the demo available to any old PSN user. If you like what you see and/or knock over with a traffic cone, you'll be able to pick up Yakuza 4 on March 15 in North America, and three days later in Europe.

Y4 demo was weak. Instead of the open world in Y3, it just had 4 fights with different characters against mobs. The fights were really easy too.

Not a very favorable Yakuza 4 review from IGN. 6.something I believe it was. Probably still gonna buy it, though. I thoroughly enjoyed Yakuza 3, or rather I would have if the castration for the Western market hadn't been so blatantly obvious. Heck, they even left in the guys who follow you around while trying to persuade your dude to visit hostess clubs. Only there were no hostess clubs.

Also, yes. Mid March it is. Not gonna happen for me though. Have to recover from 3ds expenses first.

many considered 4 the best in the series I think because of all the new characters they bring in, or Kenzan was, but it is not the main part of the series.

Tried 4 tonight. Nice gameplay and story!

Regarding resolution, this seems sharper than 3 in 1080p mode, but the framerate stutters a bit in open spaces. Anyone know the resolution?

Back