XP on an Intel Pentium 100Mhz

wow haha i remember seeing the windows render before my eyes when running on a 2.2ghz celeron in safe mode.

i had the er plesure of fixing someones computer a 300mhz celeron 64mb ram running xp
I refused 5 mins after switch on it still hadnt got to the desktop

I have a Pentium 90 with 96mb of ram at home that runs XP very well. Here's the setup:

Pentium 90 (60 x 1.5)
2 x 32mb EDO 72-pin SIMMs at 66mhz
2 x 16mb EDO 72-pin SIMMs at 66mhz
Matrox Millenium MGA2064W 4mb PCI video
Sound Blaster 16 audio
3Com 3c905b nic
AMD 10/100 onboard nic
4gb WD 5400rpm harddrive
16x CDROM

Great box, boots XP in about a minute or so, memory footprint is about ~50mb, and will stay running for EONS if use the 100% default install from Microsoft (no service packs, no patches).

I'd like to have that kind of PC to try NT 4 on it, or even NT 3.51 (while wasting time on the net I learnt it can run firefox :p . good luck with drivers though)

I'd like to have that kind of PC to try NT 4 on it, or even NT 3.51 (while wasting time on the net I learnt it can run firefox :p . good luck with drivers though)

I've got two legal copies of NT 4.0 Workstation that I used to run on pretty similar hardware back in the day. If I can find any of my original install discs + keys, maybe I'll give it a shot.

NT4 should run like greased lightning, eh. And drivers for like everything are out there. Scratch USB tho.

Back