XFEST (Xbox 360 developer event)

I doubt we'll hear anything, did we get anything at all from last years Xfest?

Btw, wrong section ?

I've never heard of this, but the presentations sound like they're loaded with interesting information.

Xbox 360 Direct3D: Predicated Tiling and Other Updates: Direct3D on Xbox 360 continues to evolve. This talk covers new support added for predicated tiling, precompiled command buffers and performance profiling. We’ll conclude with a look ahead at tools and features coming in future XDKs.

Sounds like devs gave out a little, perhaps...hopefully we'll see more games start to use this effectively.

It is good that they oragnize these kind of events, especially as the new xbox360 isn't nearly as straight forward as the original xbox, with all the mutlitherading, predicated tilling and stuff going on. Hopefuuly as their development tools mature, developers will find it easier and easier using all that stuff...

I found this; someone from b3d should go there and chech it up :D
http://www.xbox360news.com/Blogs/News/hqs/blr_1799.aspx

Lifemode Interactive, the leading pioneers and innovators of facial animation software technology, have announced today that their highly sophisticated multi platform SDK now fully supports the Xbox 360. Lifemode will launch their Xbox 360 version at Microsoft's Xfest event in London on Monday, February 13th.

LIFESTUDIO:HEAD - a well known high quality and top performance facial animation engine created by Lifemode Interactive is now available for Xbox 360 platform. The solution takes the benefit of Xbox 360 multicore architecture to achieve top performance and bring realistic facial animation to every next-gen game.

Yuri Golubev, Chief Programmer said: "We are really impressed with the good realization of multi-core architecture and fast graphical chip of Xbox 360 which tremendously enhanced the performance of our SDK. High compatibility of PC and Xbox DirectX allowed to port our SDK from PC to Xbox 360 practically in no time at all. We foresee game designers will be able to stretch their facial animation skills to the absolute limits of the Xbox 360 console."The LIFESTUDIO:HEAD technology has been designed for computer character animation in real-time. The software contains an impressive set of features supported by the original Macro-Muscles technology. These include easy modeling, realistic texturing, automated lip-synch, comprehensive animation library and many other. Data exchange with 3ds max and Maya is supported giving the possibility of working with own models and scene rendering.

Lifemode Interactive will be demonstrating the advantages of their technology at Xfest 2006, which will take place in London on February 13th. The event will explore Xbox 360-focused technical information for game developers, including several case studies of Xbox 360 games. Organized by Microsoft Corp, the event is designed to attract all the best minds and high profile people in the entertainment industry.

This sounds good :p
Toy Shop: The Devil is in the Details: In “The Toy Shop,â€￾ the ATI demo team has created their most immersive and detailed environment to date. This session reviews a selection of the most interesting, complex, and innovative techniques used to bring this rainy city to life – all from an artist’s perspective. In particular, we’ll focus on parallax occlusion mapping: how it works, what kind of art assets are required, best practices for creating these assets and limitations of the technique.

Project Gotham Racing 3 Art Production: The presentation will be an overview of the art creation process for a next generation racing game. Bizarre Creation’s Peter Roe talks about the entire cycle of art production from the initial concepts through to research and design, right on through to the final Post-FX processes that breathe life into the most detailed cities and cars to appear in a videogame.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does someone more than me want to be able to actually download that ATI demo.I hoped they would done it with "toy-shop" first but now they app have done something with that if i read right. Hope they make it a download techdemo!

Back