Xboxyde Blim Blim:GRAW the most impressive game he has seen running on a Xbox 360!

mckmas8808 said:
So is this game Xbox 360 ONLY? I didn't think it was an exclusive.:???:

Tom Clancy games are multi-platform. The YETI engine is designed for both XBox 360 and PS3. I'm pretty sure at some point GRAW will be out on the PS3.

Brimstone said:
Tom Clancy games are multi-platform. The YETI engine is designed for both XBox 360 and PS3. I'm pretty sure at some point GRAW will be out on the PS3.

Hence the reason why I'm somewhat disappointed in the new screenshots. Hopefully it's one of those games that we can't judge unless we see it in motion. At least that's what some people that have seen it have said.

mckmas8808 said:
Hence the reason why I'm somewhat disappointed in the new screenshots. Hopefully it's one of those games that we can't judge unless we see it in motion. At least that's what some people that have seen it have said.

To me, Ghost Recon is more about being one of the best online multiplayer games, not how great the graphics are, but it's a nice bonus to have fancy pixels.

Brimstone said:
Here are a couple of low quality shaky cam vids from the event. I put vid 2 first because that one has more intresting stuff going on.

GRAW video 2

GRAW video 1

In video one on the beach level, I think when the picture gets oversatured, thats a result of the cloud cover moving across the sky increasing the light level.

Damn those links are down.

For me the urban combat games are the ones that have kept me interested in gaming espicially online. The whole Tom Clancy series of Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, and even Splinter Cell take up most of my gaming time. I haven't really gotten into a SciFi type first person shooter since the first Unreal although HL and HL2 are great.

mckmas8808 said:
So you are sad because an xbox360 game that will be released on March 2006 doesn't looks "good"(for you at least) because it might come out on ps3 ,who knows when???

Yeah right....,that's some great logic there.Anyway not only does the game look fantastic but if they port it to the ps3 it will be an enhanced port(using the "awesome" power of the ps3) that will satisfy people like you.Happy now???

fulcizombie said:
So you are sad because an xbox360 game that will be released on March 2006 doesn't looks "good"(for you at least) because it might come out on ps3 ,who knows when???

Yeah right....,that's some great logic there.Anyway not only does the game look fantastic but if they port it to the ps3 it will be an enhanced port(using the "awesome" power of the ps3) that will satisfy people like you.Happy now???

fulcizombie calm down man damn. People always feel so darn insecure about their next-gen console of choice. What I'm trying to say is the screenshots don't look all that impressive, yet I'm hoping (and think that it will happen) that the videos look better.

I think this game is showing what alot of other people have said on this board already. And that is screenshots don't show the true look and feel of the game. You have to see things in motion. It's nothing against the X360.

Besides the 4 new gameplay videos IGN has up, they also wrote up a new 2 page preview of GRAW.

For the better part of Tuesday, a select group of online journalists including yours truly sat and played the latest online Xbox 360 build of Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (GRAW). The difference between this build and the October build couldn't be more profound. Red Storm has made enormous progress on the game in all respects, especially in graphics and sound. In 720p, widescreen mode, the game shows off striking, crystal clear visuals -- from highly detailed character models to huge, massively packed levels to superb special effects ranging from close range jibbing, incredibly realistic rain effects and remarkable 5.1 surround sound.

Read the rest by clicking the link.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/683/683183p1.html

How many articles praising the graphics does it take convince people the visuals in GRAW are good?

As far as those vids go, the first one is very nice. The lighting and softshadows are superb. You can see the grass on the ground sway back and forth in the breeze. All the objects from trees, buildings, telephone poles, powerlines, tires, an old rusty car, and electric stove littering the landscape combined with a basicly infinite draw distance. That is one detailed map. The visuals are a huge leap forward over X-Box Ghost Recon games.

Is this in-game engine or not? It`s the best (family) pic of ghosts so far.

182.jpg

Lysander said:
Is this in-game engine or not? It`s the best (family) pic of ghosts so far.

Based on the angle and what it is, dont see how it could be "in-game" per se but it could be an in-engine cutscene.

Damn that looks nice. The lighting and shadows are great. This looks way better in motion, the screenshots don't do it justice. And 720p should make it look even better.

The 1up videos 2 and 3 are cool, drydocks and old town. Thats the first time I've seen the old town map, and it looks terific. Something important about all the map shown is that they have excellent light levels. Even dry docks which is shown at night, it's not so dark you can't see anything.

I was really impressed by the draw distance in those levels, you could see for what seemed like forever. Also loved how the foilage (grass and trees) swayed in the wind. The rain effects in dry docks were spectacular aswell.

Will it be possible to make good animations in a multiplayer game ? Some are weird here. Ice Skating ? the pb may be to have a fast moving char with limited control moving possibilities.

Back