FlatOut Ultimate Carnage - New Interview

The original Flat Out remains one of my favourite racing games, (I also race GTR2 and rFactor competitively). For me though, Flat Out 2 was a big let down. They completely ruined the actual driving experience. The physics should be the most important thing in a racing game. FO2 felt like the tyres and the road had nothing to do with each other.

I can't help feel that this next FO will just be more of the same experience. I will certainly check it out though, on the strength of some of their developers postings on their forums, in which they state that they weren't happy with the dumbing down of the game. I only hope that it is those people who are listened to this time around.

It does look nice enough, but without the gameplay I'd shelved FO2 within a few days. I won't be making the mistake of buying this version (if it's coming to PC - don't have a console) until I've tried it.

I was "complaining" about the interviewer.

Well it's your bad reading comprehension that is the issue, not the interviewers question which was clearly referring to the XBOX/PS2.

I mean, take a second to think before you type. Do you really think an interviewer would call 360 "superior" to PS3? Does that seem even remotely logical??

Guys,

let's get over the nitpicking and issues with interviewers and talk about the game, ok?

Fantastic! Loved Flatout 2 and this looks great! Textures are vastly improved and the lighting and shadows look very nice. Can't wait!

Thanks for the link.

Back