Xboxyde Blim Blim:GRAW the most impressive game he has seen running on a Xbox 360!

Brimstone

B3D Shockwave Rider
Veteran
Here is a little of the preview.

Of course such a great lighting required a great shadowing system too. And in this too GRAW does not disappoint, as every shadow in the game is completely realtime. No more bad joining between the different type of shadows from static and dynamic objects, now everything is treated the same way, allowing for big objects like trees to sway with the wind while having their shadow moving along. It's quite impressive once in a helicopter to see these hundreds buildings casting these convincing shadows. A developer told me that the shadows alone used more than 30 MB of RAM. Yes, that's half of the memory of a good old Xbox...

Xboxyde Ghost Recon 360 preview link.

Hopefully it plays as well as it looks.

I've never played any of the Ghost Recon games -- sort of lost interest in all these Tom Clancy games after Rogue Spear.... although this game has piqued my interest.

This game really deserves to be seen in motion, cant wait for some new footage !
This one + sc4 tv presentation on french tv may set the new standards on x360.

I like this shot :

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad I hate these types of 'realistic' urban warfare shooters. I think they're all a bunch of shite, why can't they make a decent sci-fi-themed game instead where the guns are big and the explosions bigger?

Guden Oden said:
Too bad I hate these types of 'realistic' urban warfare shooters. I think they're all a bunch of shite, why can't they make a decent sci-fi-themed game instead where the guns are big and the explosions bigger?

:) you are kidding rght?

That image looks like a scene from the CG intro movie. Look at it, no aliasing on the electric wires and such objects at all...

Guden Oden said:

QFT. Realism is overrated. :)

zRifle1z said:
:) you are kidding rght?
Ummm....no. Why would I be?

Ghost recon and rainbow six and splinter cell and all that crap simply bore me to tears. Today's weapons are BORING, the only ones that are a bit of fun are 20mm and up gatling cannons, and those simply can't be weilded by a single person. Not in a "realistic" type of game anyway as there's roughly 50 kilos worth of recoil from a small-calibre gatling weapon. Even if someone was strong enough to still hold onto it despite that there'd be no way to aim it accurately...

The piddly and stupid firearms that we have today are LAME. I need plasma launchers and fusion cannons and x-ray lasers to be satisfied. :D Even if this GRAW game has the best gfx since sliced bread then so what. It's still "meh" in my book.

Fortunately, I can honestly say GoW looks (depending on which GRAW screens one compares to) at least equal to even better than this game, AND, the weapons and enemies will of course be much cooler as well.

Looks good, should look better with the high res. textures pack. The polys are not next gen but it is getting there.

rosman said:
This game really deserves to be seen in motion, cant wait for some new footage !
This one + sc4 tv presentation on french tv may set the new standards on x360.

I like this shot :

It does'nt look like there using AF, look at the dirt by the computer A.I. players :(

Here are a couple of low quality shaky cam vids from the event. I put vid 2 first because that one has more intresting stuff going on.

GRAW video 2

GRAW video 1

In video one on the beach level, I think when the picture gets oversatured, thats a result of the cloud cover moving across the sky increasing the light level.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guden Oden said:

Agreed. I miss the days when every game was about some guy with a headband and no shirt and some huge weapon taking on an entire alien army by himself. We need a new game like Contra or Smash TV. Like they said on www.oldmanmurray.com "I don't want the thinking man's FPS. . . I want the action man's Final Fight".

Guden Oden said:
Ummm....no. Why would I be?

Ghost recon and rainbow six and splinter cell and all that crap simply bore me to tears. Today's weapons are BORING, the only ones that are a bit of fun are 20mm and up gatling cannons, and those simply can't be weilded by a single person. Not in a "realistic" type of game anyway as there's roughly 50 kilos worth of recoil from a small-calibre gatling weapon. Even if someone was strong enough to still hold onto it despite that there'd be no way to aim it accurately...

The piddly and stupid firearms that we have today are LAME. I need plasma launchers and fusion cannons and x-ray lasers to be satisfied. :D Even if this GRAW game has the best gfx since sliced bread then so what. It's still "meh" in my book.

Fortunately, I can honestly say GoW looks (depending on which GRAW screens one compares to) at least equal to even better than this game, AND, the weapons and enemies will of course be much cooler as well.

I thought you knew the type of gameplay GRAW centers around, and decided to post a joke about it. Now I see you are serious and the game realy has no interest to you at all.

Does it?

fulcizombie said:
Why??You don't own an xbox360 and don't plan on buying one,so why would you care about how an xbox360 game looks??

Anyway don't loose any sleep over it,the game looks amasing.

So is this game Xbox 360 ONLY? I didn't think it was an exclusive.:???:

Back