Xboxyde Blim Blim:GRAW the most impressive game he has seen running on a Xbox 360!

Lysander said:
Is this in-game engine or not? It`s the best (family) pic of ghosts so far.

http://www.xbox-360.fr/screens/ghost_recon_3/182.jpg
No this is CG.
This is how they look in game.

graw1fx.jpg

hmmm. I still dont like the animation. Look at the running animation in vids 1 and 3... the soldiers are 1) skating across the landscape, 2) not fluid... surely they can get that right????

blakjedi said:
hmmm. I still dont like the animation. Look at the running animation in vids 1 and 3... the soldiers are 1) skating across the landscape, 2) not fluid... surely they can get that right????

It seems that AI animations are far better than player controlled anims. Single player has incredible anims.

blakjedi said:

Which videos are you referring too? The 1up?

Here are links to the same version of 1up's Drydock just at different resolutions and media player formats. Just right click and save as the one you want.

1up Quicktime 320X180 resolution Drydock map

1up WMV 640x360 resolution Drydock map

1up Quicktime 640x360 resolution Drydock map

Here are 3 links to the samve version of 1up's Old Town map at different resolution and media player formats. Once again just right click and save the one you want.

1up Quicktime 320 x 180 resolution Old Town map

1up WMV 640x360 resolution Old Town map

1up Quicktime 640x360 resolution Old Town map

rosman said:
Single player has self shadowing and not multiplayer ? How come ?

What do you mean by self-shadowing? I've clearly seen the player models in the multplayer videos cast shadows on the ground.

Brimstone said:
What do you mean by self-shadowing? I've clearly seen the player models in the multplayer videos cast shadows on the ground.
Self shadowing is that very nice technique where the characters cast shadows on themselves. Their arms cast shadows on their chest and so on. really adds to the realism and makes the models look much less flat.
Casting shadows on the ground is just normal shadowing. If you see shadows on the player, cast by himself, that's self-shadowing.

london-boy said:
Self shadowing is that very nice technique where the characters cast shadows on themselves. Their arms cast shadows on their chest and so on. really adds to the realism and makes the models look much less flat.
Casting shadows on the ground is just normal shadowing. If you see shadows on the player, cast by himself, that's self-shadowing.

Ok, thanks.

I know the texture detail on the models very high. I can see the under armor symbol on the back of a the tacticle hood on the models head. Or at least I think thats what I'm seeing.

dukmahsik said:
is it just me or the game looks just good not great as the original e3 trailer?

Its not just you. Rendertospecitis rears its ugly head maybe? The lighting in the environments are well done but I dont think very much else is... and this is a game I'm really looking forward to. Men with 100lb. rucksacks and weapons should have weight IMHO. There is no sense of that at all in these videos.

blakjedi said:
Its not just you. Rendertospecitis rears its ugly head maybe? The lighting in the environments are well done but I dont think very much else is... and this is a game I'm really looking forward to. Men with 100lb. rucksacks and weapons should have weight IMHO. There is no sense of that at all in these videos.

I think these videos are very close to the rendertospec videos from E3. But I fully agree with you about the weight/animation issue. This should be addressed. I guess they're scared that people won't like the changed/slower paced gameplay.

On the old town video you can clearly see the arms moving (the elbows go closer to the chest) and the direction of the gun changing postion. The head moves back and forth while moving. The torso has hips that swivel when moving.

There is a huge difference between SP and MP regarding the animations ( from the videos ive seen so far ). Look at the crosscom dev diary movie, and you see how realistic the animation from your teammates are done. Thing you cant make with a simple controller, + you have to balance between fast/slow gameplay/animations. Its hard to make multiplayer experience as realistic as a single game...you cant imagine to have killzone2 trailer animation in a dynamic multiplayer game played with a 10 button controller.

Back