Xbox Series S [XBSS] [Release November 10 2020]

What game is that? You travel between planets to do people's gardens? :D

ROFL
i would totally play that! could be a zen like harvest moon, and idler like neko atsume, or annoying like untitled ghost game.

btw it was a spoiler for marver's guardian of the galaxy by Eidos Montreal (not the one by Telltale games)

Not watched, but the other one didn't have VRR and HDR I believe.
This is pretty cool if priced right. And just concept

I wouldn't need this but when I was in my early 20s my friends and I used to road trip to my parents home in florida and I had a gamecube with a screen on it so we could play smash brothers and other games while in the car. One of my friends beat resident evil 4 on the drive down.

So i could see a market for this.

anyone use xbox remote play? i used it almost daily, and even multiple times a day.

I wonder if there's maybe less than 1% of people using this feature regularly. As it is quite buggy

- Halo Infinite cannot be controlled at all
- The system will randomly be unable to be turned on remotely
- The system will randomly be unable to be controlled remotely and locally after remotely or locally powered on. when this happen, the full-shutdown procedure by holding the nexus button on the console itself for ~10 seconds will no longer work. It will simply bring the console to sleep.
- There's no resolution / frame rate option. On PS4 Pro it is nice to be able to use 30 fps mode when playing with a bad network.

the 3rd issue only happens if using "standby" mode. If using "energy saver" mode, it never happens (yet).

New anyone use xbox remote play? i used it almost daily, and even multiple times a day

No, as performance is complete garbage. Had the same issue with One S as well. Something about my router really doesn't like it and I've never been able to resolve it.

Streaming works just fine from my PC, which isnt plugged directly into the router like the Xbox is.

I'll have a new router when I switch providers in the new year so hopefully that'll sort it.

I get much better performance from xCloud!

Have you guys raised bug reports?
Only reason I ask is because makes me think of snap.
They say telemetry says no one uses it, no one uses it due to bugs etc, instead of improving it it gets neglected and dropped.

No, as performance is complete garbage. Had the same issue with One S as well. Something about my router really doesn't like it and I've never been able to resolve it.

Streaming works just fine from my PC, which isnt plugged directly into the router like the Xbox is.

I'll have a new router when I switch providers in the new year so hopefully that'll sort it.

It didn't work well on my xbox (series x), too. Than I found out what went wrong. Don't put your xbox into the DMZ, else you get those problems.
Streaming-quality is still not the best (was better in the past with my one x), but it no longer feels like the signal is routed to a server and than back to you.

It didn't work well on my xbox (series x), too. Than I found out what went wrong. Don't put your xbox into the DMZ, else you get those problems.
Streaming-quality is still not the best (was better in the past with my one x), but it no longer feels like the signal is routed to a server and than back to you.

I don't have it in a DMZ, so it's not that sadly.

Have you guys raised bug reports?
Only reason I ask is because makes me think of snap.
They say telemetry says no one uses it, no one uses it due to bugs etc, instead of improving it it gets neglected and dropped.

i have not. because its too cumbersome to do. hmm maybe i should plug a keyboard to it

maybe damaged ethernet cable to the xbox? try using ping xboxipaddress -t and see if when you got streaming issue, the latency fluctuates (it should be consistently under 2ms as it is in local netowrk)

i have not. because its too cumbersome to do. hmm maybe i should plug a keyboard to it

maybe damaged ethernet cable to the xbox? try using ping xboxipaddress -t and see if when you got streaming issue, the latency fluctuates (it should be consistently under 2ms as it is in local netowrk)

I'd have said it's not a physical issue, as I can stream xCloud to the box just fine.

Having said that, latency fluctuates between 1-9ms from this PC, which does go to the router via Homeplug. I pinged my TV from here as well. That's also plugged directly into the router and is a flat 2ms. I'll swap the cables round when I have the chance and see.

Although last time I played around with cabling I knocked the TV over and smashed it. :rolleyes:

Back