Xbox One NXOE public release [includes massive bugs]

There is a bit of lag when you push over from the home screen and could definitely be optimized. It's fairly minor considering all the info available to you.
For me, it's definitely quicker than opening all of those sidebar apps separately.

In one of the interviews from MS (I forget where), they have talked about continual improvements and updates, but with nothing major until February due to not wanting to introduce any new bugs for the holiday season.

I don't think we'll see background music until then.

My incredibly scientific timing (one one-thousand, two one-thousand ...) tells me that opening the sidebar is approximate one second to open and everything else on the sidebar basically operates not instantly, but near enough that there's no way for me to experience any kind of a practical delay.

What I mean by that is, I can navigate the sidebar without waiting for anything to load. I press a direction or button, and the response is close enough instant, that I don't have to wait to enter my next input.

Edit: I also don't have an amazing Internet connection. It's a pedestrian 30/5 connection, and using the Xbox Live network test it shows I have about 60ms of latency to Live. No packet loss. So not huge bandwidth and not amazing latency.

Last edited:
I did this 10 times in a row and it definitely loads before I finish 2 one thousand out loud. I'd guess (very unscientifically) that it loads just as I finish saying "two".

So the gift for being in the preview beta is avatar item? lame....actually it is kind of cute, but still lame.

Pic below stolen from GAF. The cat animates with your avatar apparently playing head to head with you in a shooting game. You get the animated "pew, pew" as your playing.

CUIuCPsWoAAgD1L.png

There is a bit of lag when you push over from the home screen and could definitely be optimized. It's fairly minor considering all the info available to you.
For me, it's definitely quicker than opening all of those sidebar apps separately.

Sure it's better than the previous state but it's in no way acceptable UI wise as there's no technical reason at all than "implementation" isn't good. The CPU/Display is fast enough to make anything instant.

Back