PC Game Pass, now includes EA Play! [PCGP, XGP:PC]

iroboto

Daft Funk
Legend
Supporter

hmmmm... this could change what I decide to do for next generation hardware.

More

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/05/30/microsoft-approach-to-pc-gaming/

We believe the player should be at the center of their gaming experience and be able to harness the unique benefits of the devices they choose to play on.

Nowhere is that belief more important than on the PC. As the creators of Windows, we have a unique responsibility to ensure we’re investing in experiences that benefit players everywhere, while respecting the PC community’s preference for an open, highly customizable platform.

We’ve not always lived up to our aspiration of keeping gamers at the center of everything we do when it comes to the experience they’ve had on Windows.

Today I’d like to share three steps we are taking to contribute to the thriving PC gaming ecosystem:

Introducing Xbox Game Pass Designed for PC Players

Two years ago, we launched Xbox Game Pass on Xbox One, and since then we’ve seen how valuable a curated library of high-quality games can be for players and game developers alike. It offers a great way to discover and play your next favorite game. We researched whether a similar opportunity exists for PC players and PC game developers, and we believe that it does. We also considered the importance of bringing something new and additive to the PC gaming ecosystem, and we believe that we can. So, we designed a service specifically for the needs of PC gamers and PC game developers. It’s called Xbox Game Pass, just like the original, but it’s a new experience that we are building together with the PC community.

Xbox Game Pass for PC will give players unlimited access to a curated library of over 100 high-quality PC games on Windows 10, from well-known PC game developers and publishers such as Bethesda, Deep Silver, Devolver Digital, Paradox Interactive, SEGA, and more. And just as we committed on the console, it is our intent to include new games from Xbox Game Studios in Xbox Game Pass for PC the same day as their global release, including titles from newly acquired studios like Obsidian and inXile. We’re working with over 75 developers and publishers to bring PC content to the service and we’ll ensure the library remains curated and full of great PC titles across a variety of genres, with new games added every month.

Xbox Game Pass for PC members will also receive discounts in the Microsoft Store on Windows of up to 20% on games currently in the library and up to 10% off related game DLC and add-ons.

We look forward to sharing more at E3, including the great games coming to the library, as well as more details on when and how you’ll experience the new Xbox Game Pass service for PC gamers.

More Choice in Where to Buy Xbox Game Studios Titles

Enabling gamers to play together, through cross-platform play and cross-network play across Windows 10 PCs and console, is vitally important. Building communities across all of those players, regardless of the store or platform they’ve chosen (console or PC), is also vitally important because it helps bring players together, allows games to find their largest audience and allows gaming to deliver its true potential of uniting people around the power of play.

With that in mind, our intent is to make our Xbox Game Studios PC games available in multiple stores, including our own Microsoft Store on Windows, at their launch. We believe you should have choice in where you buy your PC games.

In March, we announced that Halo: The Master Chief Collection will come to PC later this year, launching on Steam in addition to the Microsoft Store on Windows. We will continue to add to the more than 20 Xbox Game Studios titles on Steam, starting with Gears 5 and all Age of Empires I, II & III: Definitive Editions. We know millions of PC gamers trust Steam as a great source to buy PC games and we’ve heard the feedback that PC gamers would like choice. We also know that there are other stores on PC, and we are working to enable more choice in which store you can find our Xbox Game Studios titles in the future.

We want to bring players together to create a shared player community regardless of where they play, so it’s our intent that new Xbox Game Studios titles include features such as voice and text chat, LFG, friends lists and cross-play across PC and console. On Windows 10 you’ll find this functionality in the Xbox Game Bar, which we’ll continue to evolve and expand.

Supporting Win32 Games on Windows 10

We want creators to be inspired to bring their best content to Windows 10, and we want Windows 10 to be the place where gamers come to discover their next favorite PC game. We recognize that Win32 is the app format that game developers love to use and gamers love to play, so we are excited to share that we will be enabling full support for native Win32 games to the Microsoft Store on Windows. This will unlock more options for developers and gamers alike, allowing for the customization and control they’ve come to expect from the open Windows gaming ecosystem.

When I think about the role we play as a company to support and evolve gaming on Windows, it’s critical that we make decisions that reinforce the open nature of the PC, focusing on how best to unite players on all devices around the games they love. That philosophy will guide us as we introduce new ways to discover and play games on WThese are just a few of our steps in a journey to contribute to gaming on Windows 10. We know that PC gamers want to see games, so I hope you’ll join us at our annual Xbox E3 2019 Briefing on Sunday, June 9 to hear more, including the amazing lineup of new games and offers coming to PC players.

Read more at https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/05/30/microsoft-approach-to-pc-gaming/#yhMI0W1yz6YyABCb.99

I'm confused as to what happens with cross play titles. I can already play the likes of Forza on PC with my Xbox subscription. It doesn't sound like it's one sub that'll provide access to the Xbox and PC library.

I'm confused as to what happens with cross play titles. I can already play the likes of Forza on PC with my Xbox subscription. It doesn't sound like it's one sub that'll provide access to the Xbox and PC library.

The naming(Xbox Game Pass for PC) tells me it's 2 different subscriptions & 2 different libraries. There may still be some titles that are available on both due to the Xbox Anywhere initiative. But sadly it looks like(if Halo MCC on PC is an indication) there might be fewer Xbox Anywhere titles going forward.

Tommy McClain

if Halo MCC on PC is an indication) there might be fewer Xbox Anywhere titles going forward.
Unless things have changed they said they was looking into it.

I expect that the play anywhere titles will still work as is.

It isn't clear how the subscriptions behave in relation to each other.
Maybe Xbox gamepass ultimate will give you access to both PC and XBOX. It may cost more than PC due to inclusion of live so why not.

I like that they have stated their desire to release MS published titles on PC simultaneously on Steam. More choice is good. Would be nice if GoG was also included with that, but I'm not sure if MS are comfortable with GoG being DRM free.

Regards,
SB

I wonder if Halo CE in there will be the GearBox's PC port, or a port of the Xbox360's port of GearBox's port in Anniversarumy edition, or if it will be XboxOne's port of the Xbox360's port of the PC port in MCC, or maybe they will use the PC MCC version which is a PC port of the XboxOne port of the Xbox360 port of the PC port.

Tell ya what. I'll buy a WinStore version as long as you keep improving the mess of a UI and install process, and you give a discount on the order of what GabeN or Sweeney claws from you anyway on other stores.

ahem. :rolleyes:
since I got used to the WinStore, I wouldn't complain as much as you, but it has some issues. Some games dont run for whatever inane reason you can think of.

My Xbox app runs just fine but Killer Instinct always says that I am not logged in into Xbox Live.

Gears of War 4, which I recently purchased works perfectly fine, so does Age of Empires Definitive Edition. But Killer Instinct? I don't know what's the issue with it, it gives me an odd 0x8800215 error or something like that and I am theoretically not connected to Xbox Live

Troubleshooting Steps:
  1. Remove orangpelupa's cat from inside your PC.
  2. Remove orangpelupa's cat from the top of your PC.
  3. Remove orangpelupa's cat from the outside of your PC.
  4. Have you tried turning it off and on again?

I wonder if the Win32 support for the Windows Store was largely driven by the need to sign more games for this service without having to require devs to go through the effort of making UWP versions...

Metro Exodus included on XBox Game Pass PC:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/metro-exodus-windows/9p60kl3mhcnh?

Also, not sure if this was mentioned here before, but it seems Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is the combination of all three:
  1. Xbox Live Gold
  2. Xbox Game Pass Console
  3. Xbox Game Pass PC
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate also seems like it gives better perks. For example, some leaked promotional images say that Gears 5: Ultimate Edition will be included with the service. The regular Xbox Game Pass gives you just the standard edition it seems. If this trend continues in the future, with the top-of-the-line editions being available through Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, that's by far the best deal.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-06-09-price-confirmed-for-xbox-game-pass-on-pc

Price confirmed for Xbox Game Pass on PC
Confirmed games include We Happy Few, Forza Horizon 4, and Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice.

Ahead of this evening's E3 conference, a new page on the Microsoft store confirms details and pricing for the Xbox Game Pass on PC for Windows 10 players: £4 GBP / $5 USD a month. [ EDIT: The $5 a month is BETA pricing. After the BETA period it's $10 a month. ]

The pass includes a library of 100+ games to dip into (although it should be noted that the library on Xbox One is almost double that) including We Happy Few, Forza Horizon 4, Hello Neighbor, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, Sea of Thieves Anniversary Edition, and State of Decay 2.

Gears 5, Halo: The Master Chief Collection, and Ori and the Blind Forest are listed as "coming soon" to the PC library.

Last edited:
Price looks good.
Ultimate looks like it will be a really good deal especially if xcloud gets rolled into it (in my theory via gold).
Play on console, pc and stream.
Would really be pulling pc gamers into Xbox ecosystem at this pc gamepass price.
Carrot not stick approach.

PC Games list with Game Pass: (Wasteland 2! Finally I will be able to play it), and Wolfenstein II -have the XB1 version, but always wanted to play it on PC-

A
  • ABZU
  • ACA NEOGEO METAL SLUG X
  • Antiquia Lost
  • ARK: Survival Evolved
  • Astroneer
B
  • Battle Chasers: Nightwar
  • Battle Chef Brigade Deluxe
  • Battlefleet Gothic: Armada
  • Bomber Crew
  • Bridge Constructor Portal
  • Broforce
  • Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons
  • Book of Demons
C
  • Clustertruck
  • Crackdown 3
  • Crosscode
D
  • Die for Valhalla!
  • Disneyland Adventures
E
  • Everspace
F
  • Fez
  • Football Manager 2019
  • Full Metal Furies
  • Forza Horizon 4 standard edition
G
  • Gears of War: Ultimate Edition dla Windows 10
  • Gears of War 4
  • Guacamelee 2
H
  • Halo: Spartan Assault
  • Halo: Spartan Strike
  • Halo Wars: Definitive Edition
  • Halo Wars 2: Standard Edition
  • Hatoful Boyfriend
  • Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice
  • Hello Neighbor
  • Hollow Knight
  • Hotline Miami
I
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Into The Breach
L
  • Lichtspeer: Double Speer Edition
M
  • MARVEL VS. CAPCOM: INFINITE
  • Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight
  • Metro Exodus
  • Mindzone
  • Moonlighter
  • MudRunner
  • Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden
N
  • Neon Chrome
O
  • Old Man’s Journey
  • Operencia: The Stolen Sun
  • Opus Mangum
  • Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
  • Orwell: Keeping an Eye on You
  • Oxenfree
P
  • Pony Island (Daniel Mullins Games)
R
  • ReCore
  • RiMe: Windows Edition
  • Riptide GP: Renegade
  • Rise of Nations: Extended Edition
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • Riverbond
  • Rush: A Disney-Pixar Adventure
  • Ruiner
S
  • Samorost 3
  • Sea of Thieves: Anniversary Edition
  • Shenmue I & II
  • Silence – The Whispered World 2
  • Sinner for Windows 10
  • Slay The Spire
  • Shoot n Merge 2048
  • Smoke and Sacrifice
  • Snake Pass
  • State of Decay 2
  • Stealth Inc 2
  • SteamWorld Dig 2
  • Sunset Overdrive
  • Super Lucky’s Tale
  • SUPERHOT – Windows 10
  • Supermarket Shriek
  • Surviving Mars – First Colony Edition
T
  • Tacoma
  • Titan Quest Anniversary Edition
  • The Banner Saga
  • The Banner Saga 2
  • The Banner Saga 3
  • The Flame In The Flood
  • The Gardens Between
  • The Last Door: Season 2 Collector’s Edition
  • The Messenger
  • The Stillness of the Wind
  • The Surge
  • The Turing Test
  • Thimbleweed Park
  • Thumper
  • Tyranny Gold Edition
V
  • Valkyria Chronicles
  • Vampyr
  • Void Bastards
W
  • Wandersong
  • Wargroove
  • Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut
  • West Of Loathing
  • Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
  • We Happy Few
  • Wizard of Legend
Z
  • Zoo Tycoon: Ultimate Animal Collection

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-06-09-price-confirmed-for-xbox-game-pass-on-pc

Price confirmed for Xbox Game Pass on PC
Confirmed games include We Happy Few, Forza Horizon 4, and Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice.

Ahead of this evening's E3 conference, a new page on the Microsoft store confirms details and pricing for the Xbox Game Pass on PC for Windows 10 players: £4 GBP / $5 USD a month.

The pass includes a library of 100+ games to dip into (although it should be noted that the library on Xbox One is almost double that) including We Happy Few, Forza Horizon 4, Hello Neighbor, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, Sea of Thieves Anniversary Edition, and State of Decay 2.

Gears 5, Halo: The Master Chief Collection, and Ori and the Blind Forest are listed as "coming soon" to the PC library.
with Xbox Game Pass I wonder what's the point of having a Xbox. The games are superb. Metro Exodus for 1€ -thanks Epic!-, Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, Wolfenstein 2, Wasteland 2....

Lots of strategy games, the kind of games console gamers find hard to digest, like Imperator: Rome and Tyranny Gold Edition...

I am hyped about the new Xbox, but this is best news for me.

Last edited:
Basically the same list that was available with xbox game pass anyway, but this is much cheaper, so when my £1 trail finishes of game pass, I will sign up for this for sure.

Back