X800XT

BTW it's pretty stupid they are selling 9800XT for $499 whereas X800 Pro widely available (at least here in NYC) for $399... :D

T2k said:
BTW it's pretty stupid they are selling 9800XT for $499 whereas X800 Pro widely available (at least here in NYC) for $399... :D

Are you sure your looking at US dollars? My x800p vivo (now an XTPE) was £315. I think that's about $580 USD :( :oops:

Well, that's not NYC, is it? :) Anyway, video cards are always more expensive in the UK when compared to the US, aren't they?

Perhaps the lower value of the dollar vs. the pound is further exaggerating the price difference? PriceGrabber shows a Sapphire X800P VIVO available for $450 on this side of the globally-warmed pond. Otherwise, if you can find a X800P in a retail store, it'll cost you $400 (the MSRP, and that's not including the occasional sale).

Pete said:
Perhaps the lower value of the dollar vs. the pound is further exaggerating the price difference?

I don't think so (anymore). It seems that both hardware and software companies tend to set the price at the same in dollar as in Euro e.g. 399 $ = 399 Euro. On top of that we have to pay (much) higher taxes on Europe in the product, so we end up paying dearly.

Then we of course get the added 'bonus' of getting the products later too, so no wonder we were hoping for PowerPR to come through! ;)

euan said:
T2k said:

Are you sure your looking at US dollars? My x800p vivo (now an XTPE) was £315. I think that's about $580 USD :( :oops:

I'm positive: we just bought one for my colleague last week.

In new jersey (paramus area ) which can't really get any closer to nyc with out being nyc . The x800pros at compusa are 399$ and they do have a decent stock from time to time . They get about 5 in a week. The 9800xt cost the same. But they don't have any 9800xts and the computers say they are no longer carrying them. So its a dead scu . I"m sure how ever few 9800xts there are they will be dumped quickly at cheap prices.

What i don't understand is the ati website selling the 9800pro for 299$ . I can get the aiw 9800pro for 250$ at compusa . It doesn't make any sense .

The only good thing is the 9800xt comes with the half life c oupon.

LeStoffer said:
Then we of course get the added 'bonus' of getting the products later too, so no wonder we were hoping for PowerPR to come through! ;)
It's already here, my friend! Viva la marketing department! :D

Back