X800... at Meristation

You can find 9800 pro at 200 € since January, at least uin france :)

And here 6800U prices seems to have jumped to 500 € (+ vat).

PatrickL said:
And here 6800U prices seems to have jumped to 500 € (+ vat).
That's not true. Sure, there's one store that does sell (pre-command) 6800U @ 589 €, but this store is know to boost prices when in pre-command. You can find Gigabytes @ 549€ (VAT inc.).

Well, it seems that you don't know the reputation of Grosbill Micro PatrickL, doesn't really matter, but well, you are wrong ;)

Evildeus said:
What's the connection between availability, good yields and reviews?
Well if the yields are good availability will be better, as for reviews it means that they'll be able to get out more beta units early to reviewers to give more places more time to review them before the NDA is lifted so they can totally over-saturate and dominate the scene with news on the big day. ;)

Well, i don't see that meaning anything. If ati wants a quick release, don't you think that they already have plenty of R420 chips? Sure it could be yield but it could be also because the mass production begun quite early.

If ati wants to release so cards in the next 2 weeks they need to have packed many chips, whatever is the yield.

digitalwanderer said:
Evildeus said:
What's the connection between availability, good yields and reviews?
Well if the yields are good availability will be better, as for reviews it means that they'll be able to get out more beta units early to reviewers to give more places more time to review them before the NDA is lifted so they can totally over-saturate and dominate the scene with news on the big day. ;)

I see, so what you are suggesting is... when nVidia offers their products at such a high price, it means their yields are poor. When ATi does it, it means their yields are high? :?

hehe... :oops:

I can't wait for reviews of this card, as the next guy. 8) I really hope that someone throws in a DX7 game in their review so I can feel a bit more confident in the backwards compatibility. Drivers will be a whole'nother issue. If ATi continues this concentration on *only fixing driver related issues with the latest games and ignoring the emails from others about older games, it won't get my cash'olla. :(

As it stands, regardless of ATi potentially being faster in none, many or all situations; if the driver support isn't there for older games... nVidia 6800U is the card for me.

And that is how someone can make a determination on which card to get before the opposing IHV's product is reviewed. I already know what I will get if the reviews of the other product are unsatisfactory still by July. 8)

Malfunction said:
I see, so what you are suggesting is... when nVidia offers their products at such a high price, it means their yields are poor. When ATi does it, it means their yields are high? :?
Please don't put words in my mouth, I don't believe I ever talked about their prices. :rolleyes:

Malfunction said:
If ATi continues this concentration on *only fixing driver related issues with the latest games and ignoring the emails from others about older games, it won't get my cash'olla. :(

I doubt there's anything ATI can do to get your business, Mal.......

Back