Ati claiming to show a revolutionary technical advance

which translator did you use?

i used google, and it said:

Then, today we have received an invitation of the Canadian company where one inquires to us into which day 29 of April, in Milan, a new technology will appear "", that will be" the greater technological event of the year ". There they will meet expert of ATI like engineers, the Chips department graphical and great part of the equipment settled down in Toronto of the NVIDIA rival.

sounds like what they all say

isnt 'the greater technological event' another way of saying 'one of the bigger technological events'? either that, or i get bad english grades for a reason.

on a side note, ruby's face looks like that of a man's :?

You should see some other screenshots of her, I am certain you will change your mind :D

As for Milan, god (and my mag's editor) willing, I'll probably be there 8)

se presentará "una nueva tecnología", que será "el mayor acontecimiento tecnológico del año".

The translation is:

it will be showed a "new technology" that will be "the greatest technological event of the year".

Love_In_Rio said:
http://www.meristation.com/sc/noticias/noticia.asp?c=GEN&n=13281

Greetings from the depth valley of Bergara ;)

Egunon Txorierritik ;)

ruby1.jpg

The ATI dominatrix .... but where this whip ?

I understand it way better in spanish, (which I never learnt) than google's english translation.

I wonder if that famous power point presentation of ATI was really some kind of misinformation...

What if ATI really presents now the real R500 instead of the R420...?... it would be :oops:

Greetings from the depth valley of Bergara.

P.D: menuda variante más cojonuda os habeis currao ;)

if i was to choose between nalu and ruby, i'd say ruby. the other pic of her looks much nicer :)

nalu attraction factor: 0

infra_red said:
nalu attraction factor: 0
Guess you don't go for girls with tails, then? Talking of which, this always raises the delicate subject of how exactly do mermaids procreate? I guess even Nvidia won't have modelled, erm, all aspects of the anatomy... ummm. :oops:

nalu looks better

i think nalu looks better both technically and artiscally.
ruby looks alot similar to NV's Dusk except it's wearing red. ok, maybe ruby has some extra features but nothing as dramatic as Nalu's.

nalu simply blows ur mind off, especially with her ultra realistic hair and the soft shadows so beautifully casted on her body. and from what i heard. nalu has heaps more polygons than ruby. regardless how r420 would add more polygons at other stuffs to compensate. nalu vs ruby "character vs character" the former definetly looks better. 8)
*no intention to offend any ATI hardcores :rolleyes:

Hmmm, with every pic Ruby looks a little worse. Guess I just prefer women who are more "realistic" in their proportions. I don't dig the consmetic surgery enhanced Pam Anderson type and Ruby unfortunately has it all. Those artificially inflated breasts and behinds combined with untra-thin hips in game-babes are getting kinda lame. What is the logic behind it anyways, "bigger breasts protect you from bullets and provide additional protection in fistfights"?

Diplo said:
Guess you don't go for girls with tails, then? Talking of which, this always raises the delicate subject of how exactly do mermaids procreate? I guess even Nvidia won't have modelled, erm, all aspects of the anatomy... ummm. :oops:
Hehe, you never watched much Futurama eh? There's actually an episode that explores this idea... ;)

I haven't seen Ruby in real time, so I think it is premature to make conclusions. But from still shots, Nalu's skin, hair, and shadows definately look better IMHO. Whether or not Ruby walks around on a more complicated set isn't the point, the demos are meant for two different purposes. Nalu is the kind of demo I'd expect in a Siggraph technical track on skin or hair. I have a feeling Ruby is a "animusic"-like demo that is more like what you'd see in Siggraph Electronic Theater. I frankly think the XNA Film Noir demo with the "Casablanca"-esqe woman sitting in a bar looks better than Ruby. Ruby reminds me of Microsoft's Raven mascot. I guess I like more feminine women w/long hair.

Back