X800... at Meristation

Yeah, well I'm quite sure Dave and a few others here are playing with an X800XT themselves. They just don't like to brag about it, being the big-hearted guys they are. :LOL:

"Ati presents/displays its new graphical generation

New the X800 represents an enormous technological jump with respect to present the Radeon.

By: Xabier G. Santos

X800, in versions XT and PRO... X600, X300 the new graphical card generation ATi is based on the R420, key name of the new VPU of the Canadian manufacturer. The new ATi chip supposes an advance that would surpass the evolution that already supposed several years ago the passage of the TNT to the GeForce. Like it happens with new the 6800 of NVIDIA, the new hardware of ATi offers a gross power to great distance of the one of present the Chips and functional innovations that, although are very interesting, we will not be able to enjoy until the launching of the futures DirectX 10.

Although Ati had predicted its presentation in Italy, the special events that have been lived today in that country have derived in a strike that it has prevented that no flight landed in its airports until mid-morning. To five of the dawn the cancellation from the flights to this country was confirmed and the journalists in charge to cover the presentation we united the resignation gesture to the own ojeras of such schedules. Only the companions who flew from Barcelona could elude strike and arrive upon presentment by the hairs. Nevertheless, he does not have bad that by good does not come and the fact of not traveling until Italy allowed us to directly receive in exclusive right the presentation of the new product of hand of ATi Spain.

The specifications of the new chip suppose the dream of nobody "jugón", since they point at the total disappearance of the problems of yield under any game and filtrate exigencies. It is a pity that the publication of all this information still is limited by Ati and until the next Tuesday we did not prune ofrecérosla yet detail.

What yes we can advance is that the first X800 cards are on the verge of entering the distribution channel and we will have them in the stores long before which we thought. ATi has adopted moral convention to delay its presentations until practically having the product within reach of the client.

These first X800 will commercialize under configurations XT and PRO, maintaining therefore the nomenclature that already we know. The first consequence of the arrival of the new chip will be the total disappearance of the present 9800XT, whose existence loses all sense when counting on a competition "within house" that comfortably surpasses it in yields and to a similar price. It will not happen the same with the 9800PRO, that little by little will become main paladín of ATi in average range. In high range the X800 will continue growing, entering scene progressively cards with greater frequencies and than probably they will adopt nomenclatures of type X880PRO, X880XT... All of them leave from a minimum amount of 256 MB of memory GDDR3 working on the limit of the 1000 MHz. We will not take too much in seeing the configurations with 512 MB of this memory. Everything aims at that also there will be some more reasonable configuration of type X800SE.

With respect to the expectations on the format of new cards, to confirm that as much the PCB as the refrigeration is practically identical to the one of the known 9800, without no added damage, that is to say, it will need a single taking current and will occupy single slot, which from already offers a small practical advantage on new cards of NVIDIA.

Knowing the market it is not very difficult to put a price to him to this dream, and from Meristation we considered that the X800PRO will be commercialized between the 449 and 499€, whereas the version PRO does it between the 549 and 599€ depending on "retailer" that it commercializes them.

In new autumn we will already attend the appearance of ATi, this time destined to the average market and of entrance. Under the denominations X600 and X300 the substitutes of Radeon 9600 and 9200 will be commercialized respectively. Like it happens with the 6800 of NVIDIA, the possibility of producing configurations of 8, 12 or 16 "pipelines" of renderizado will allow an ample fan of configurations between which to choose. It emphasizes that these cards take their commercialization in versions for new bus PCI Express, although will not lack versions on AGPx8, dice the long time that they will have to coexist both formats.

But the best thing of all we left it for the end. Thanks to the quality of the equipment of ATi that we have the luck to have in our country, right now we told on the two only cards which ATi has destined to the Iberian Peninsula, a X800PRO and a X800XT, that, added to the NVIDIA 6800 which we are on the verge of receiving, will allow that the next Tuesday you prune to enjoy one of the first comparative ones that is published at world-wide level between these authentic technological beasts. And everything in perfect Castilian and without paying to a duro somebody gives more?

NOTE: This news published day 29 yesterday in the evening, but for technical reasons the date of publication has been modified."

http://world.altavista.com/babelfis...69&lp=es_en

For all the non spanish speaking people on this forum 8)

DSN2K said:
so they sent the XTs out also...

now that says something about the performance of the PRO. ;)

nVidia didn't send out the non-Ultra at all...ONLY the ultra...

What does that say about the 6800 non ultra?

Sending out the XT and Pro at the same time leads me to believe that ATI is confident in the products AND ready to ship. Since they had the initial advantage of seeing the 6800U first, they were able to make any last minute tweeks to both cards and position clock speeds accordingly. They must feel that the Pro will hold it's own against whatever NVDA has coming in that segment. I expect to see both cards in greater availability sooner than NVDA.

I am sure that Orton wants to be the clear leader in all aspects of this generation of GPU's so I would think that ATI will try very hard to be the first to paper launch the rest of the R420 line if possible. The advantage of having NVDA show it's hand first cannot be discounted, but I think the initial release of the NV40 told them everything they needed to know. I would expect that ATI will be first to paper launch in PCIe as well because of the CLEAR difference to NVDA's HSI.

Joe DeFuria said:

Geforce 6800Ultra Review said:
NVIDIA_NV40.DEV_0040.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra"
NVIDIA_NV40.DEV_0041.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 6800"

However, checking the chipset device IDs on the system reveals the board to have a device id of "0041", which corresponds to the non-Ultra variant in these particular drivers. We are wondering if there have been some last minute heat and / or related power concerns that has forced a change in specification and larger cooling solutions.

Not that I actually believe this means anything, but simply because I can.

ninelven said:
Joe DeFuria said:

Geforce 6800Ultra Review said:
NVIDIA_NV40.DEV_0040.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra"
NVIDIA_NV40.DEV_0041.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 6800"

However, checking the chipset device IDs on the system reveals the board to have a device id of "0041", which corresponds to the non-Ultra variant in these particular drivers. We are wondering if there have been some last minute heat and / or related power concerns that has forced a change in specification and larger cooling solutions.

Not that it means anything but just because i can .
Not that I actually believe this means anything, but simply because I can.
could just mean the ultra yields were so bad that its unsellable so they made the lower clocked ones the ultras and the non ultras will be clocked lower .Not that I actually believe this means anything, but simply because I can

Wouldn't surprise me if the average Joe (with good credit :)) could have at least a pro in hand by E3. What would surprise me is if the XTs are available at the same time.

Thanks, then I think you're right about your prediction on availability. (Although I'm still kind of hoping we can get 'em the same day they premiere it...that'd be neat! ;) )

Back