WTF has happened to Dennis Miller?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: This just in: Dennis Miller called my cell to apologize and to say that he was in the wrong and he is sorry. I accepted his apology.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3449870/

It takes a big man to apologize* and I have to give Miller credit for this classy move.

*Lol, as SNL would say ".... and it takes an ever bigger man to laugh at him." :)

JK, I hope the humor is appreciated.

John Reynolds said:
Because by your logic I should question the contents of the Miller clip on top of why the site hosted it? Give me a break.

Um, why wouldn't one question if it was shortened and missed opening comments or an exchange which provoked their actions? Like this is that hard, to grasp.

The guy, going from his website, sure has no ethical problem with cutting other people's scenes and words short for effect... Add this guy's precedent together with Epic's comment and the fact that the clip starts with Eric talking mid-sentance, how could one not question it? How's that for a logical continuation of the discussion Epic was having?

Vince, look up non sequitur. Unless you're suggesting the site altered the contents of the clip you're barking completely in the outfield.

Wow, thats a big word. And I already addressed it in another post previously and just above when I stated that my argument is logically complete and truthfully; with this guy's precedent is must be considered that there could have been exchange prior to this clip.

PS. Non-Sequiter doesn't imply a personal attack, it remarks on a comments pertentance to a topic and the ability to derive the comment in question from the initial statement.

Vince said:
PS. A Non-Sequiter doesn't imply a personal attack, it remarks on a comments pertentance to a topic and it's ability to derive the comment from the initial statement.

It's non sequitur because you've switched tactics from excusing Miller's behavior to attacking the site that hosted the link. It's now no longer about what actually happened but rather the source of who was hosting the clip. And I wonder why Miller felt obligated to apologize if his behavior was, after all, appropriate response for how Alterman behaved on his show?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back