WTF has happened to Dennis Miller?

Status
Not open for further replies.
epicstruggle said:
Geeforcer said:
They replayed the whole segment?? Seems interesting. I guess we saw different things.

later,
epic

No, I saw it during the original broadcast. I watched opening segment, then changed channel, then came back somewhat later. I don't recall anything particularly inflammatory words or actions on Alterman's part. Just curios, what exactly IYO did he say or do to justify such response?

BTW, disagreeing with a person doesn't translate into a license to behave like an immature a-hole towards them, a response I unfortunately see all too frequently these days.

Geeforcer said:
epicstruggle said:
Geeforcer said:
They replayed the whole segment?? Seems interesting. I guess we saw different things.

later,
epic

No, I saw it during the original broadcast. I watched opening segment, then changed channel, then came back somewhat later. I don't recall anything particularly inflammatory words or actions on Alterman's part. Just curios, what exactly IYO did he say or do to justify such response?

BTW, disagreeing with a person doesn't translate into a license to behave like an immature a-hole towards them, a response I unfortunately see all too frequently these days.
my first post in this thread answers your question.

On a side note Alterman had more time than most guest do, and he was allowed to give his point of view. Not sure what all the hoopla is about. ;) For some reason i dont see why DM was an a-hole. DM had what 3 sentences during the whole interview?

later,
epic

btw, thanks for stating you watched the interview. Do you watch the show regularly? Also, his spanish (bombing and aftermath) monologue towards the end of that show was brilliant, did you catch that?

later,
epic

indio said:
I got an idea ! How bout arguing about whether what the man said was right or wrong. We know he was correct so there is no way supporters of the administration can argue about it. Instead they practice demogogeury. Don't expect them to answer , they won't. They willonly change the subject. It's there only option. The only question is can they create enough FUD to maintain power.

I did some searching to see what the fuss is about.
http://www.house.gov/reform/min/pdfs_108_2/pdfs_inves/pdf_admin_iraq_on_the_record_rep.pdf
Pretty interesting read.

epicstruggle said:
btw, thanks for stating you watched the interview. Do you watch the show regularly? Also, his spanish (bombing and aftermath) monologue towards the end of that show was brilliant, did you catch that?

later,
epic

I do watch the show more often then not, being a long-time Miller fan, but I find it hit or miss quite often (and judging by audience reaction I am not the only one). So far it has certainly not been up to par with his earlier work.

epicstruggle said:
my first post in this thread answers your question.

On a side note Alterman had more time than most guest do, and he was allowed to give his point of view. Not sure what all the hoopla is about. ;) For some reason i dont see why DM was an a-hole. DM had what 3 sentences during the whole interview?

later,
epic

You mean this:

Alterman from the begining was posturing himself in way that put off DM. The way he sat, and stared blankly towards.
?

I personally don't see how this justifies his response; I find the whole affair rather cut and dry. The definition of "IS" is "IS". Similarly, being rude and mocking your guests is unprofessional, regardless of political context.

Though he be conservative I found his dennsi miller live stuff priceless. Great rants tho sometimes maybe one out of 5-6 rants was really crap politically. But most of the time he was great. Now? The raw feed was shit... and his show on cnbc Ive seen a only a couple times hasnt impressed me at all...

pax said:
Though he be conservative I found his dennsi miller live stuff priceless. Great rants tho sometimes maybe one out of 5-6 rants was really crap politically. But most of the time he was great. Now? The raw feed was shit... and his show on cnbc Ive seen a only a couple times hasnt impressed me at all...
Jeez, give the guy a chance. Going from hbo to cnbc isnt the easiest of transitions. He isnt allowed to do what he did there. Let him find his beat. If i remember correctly Stewart from the daily show, also really sucked in the begining.

later,
epic

'The Raw Feed' its on dvd now... saw it on movie channel... it ran about same time as Bill Maher's "If you ride alone you ride with Bin Laden" which I thought better but not as good as his best politically incorrect stuff...

pax said:
'The Raw Feed' its on dvd now... saw it on movie channel... it ran about same time as Bill Maher's "If you ride alone you ride with Bin Laden" which I thought better but not as good as his best politically incorrect stuff...
ok, i havent watched the raw feed dvd. on BM, yeah his PI show was bad ass. his new show isnt bad either, his show needs to be a bit longer allowing the guest more time to talk.

later,
epic

Yeah BM's new weekly show on hbo isnt playing up here yet. Looking forward to it eventually or on dvd...

pax said:
Yeah BM's new weekly show on hbo isnt playing up here yet. Looking forward to it eventually or on dvd...
hmm, i wonder if its making the rounds on the p2p network? ;)

later,
epic

Geeforcer said:
Come one people, I am sure we can put our ideological differences aside long enough to admit that DM was unprofessional by any definition of the word.

Apparently not. The guest could've been Perle or Chalabi and had Miller treated either in the same manner I would've had the same reaction.

Vince, consider this your 2nd warning. A 3rd and you will be banned.

John Reynolds said:

For what? There wasn't a single thing in that post which didn't stem from your website. It was all quoted and correctly attributed.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it didn't exist and doesn't mean you should be able to go around and delete posts at your freewill because you don't liek the argument someone made against you.

And, at the end of the day, what are you going to do.. ban me because you post webpages as justification for a point which state that the American Flag is equal to "Rape" and that Iraqi's should "go home and die" or something to that effect.

epicstruggle said:
pax said:
Jeez, give the guy a chance. Going from hbo to cnbc isnt the easiest of transitions. He isnt allowed to do what he did there. Let him find his beat. If i remember correctly Stewart from the daily show, also really sucked in the begining.

later,
epic

My only beef against the Dennis Miller show is that it replaced Capital Report in that timeslot. I used to have it down pat. Hardball with Chris Matthews at 7, Kudlow and Cramer and 8, Capital Report at 9, CNBC News at 10, Family Guy and Futurama at 11/11:30, Inuyasha at 12.

Goddamn networks switching has my favorite shows competing against one another, or coming on too soon for me to catch them. Now Kudlow and Cramer is on at 5, Hardball and Capital Report compete with one another at 7, and CNBC News is on at 8.

Damn you Dennis Miller and Topic A with Tina Brown for screwing up my nightly watching! Damn you both to hell!!!!!! :devilish:

Vince said:
John Reynolds said:

For what? There wasn't a single thing in that post which didn't stem from your website. It was all quoted and correctly attributed.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it didn't exist and doesn't mean you should be able to go around and delete posts at your freewill because you don't liek the argument someone made against you.

And, at the end of the day, what are you going to do.. ban me because you post webpages as justification for a point which state that the American Flag is equal to "Rape" and that Iraqi's should "go home and die" or something to that effect.

Talk about non sequitur character attacks! Where did I endorse a single thing from that website? Because I link to where a media clip is hosted means, by proxy, I support everything found on the site? Is that really the logic you're promoting here?

Regardless, you've been repeatedly warned for making personal attacks.

John Reynolds said:
Talk about non sequitur character attacks! Where did I endorse a single thing from that website? Because I link to where a media clip is hosted means, by proxy, I support everything found on the site? Is that really the logic you're promoting here?

John, this isn't hard - it clearly had a line of reasoning behind it. Lets think about what my post actually said before you deleted it...

I asked if yuo saw the entire show like Epic did or just this clip off the website. Erpic already stated that some material might be missing, which is highly likely that there was previous dialogue. This would, in fact, effect the argument.

I then looked at the website and found several high-anti-bush videos, including a few which compared the American Flag to Rape and told Iraqi'd to go home and die. Things like this make one question the site and the clip of video put up there, would it not?

I then stated that I'd be proud if I were you of reading such enlightenming material, since you obviously don't check for valididty before posting. I find this a dumb thing to do, but what can I say. For example, I clearely stated in the thread I started about Kerry and Killing Conservatives that I wasn't familiar with the source and didn't know of the validity of the information. Did you do any such thing when starting this thread? Hells no...

Regardless, you've been repeatedly warned for making personal attacks.

How is it a personal attack if everything is quoted and attributed to a source you posted? My sarcasm with a line like, "I'd be proud of myself if I were you" doesn't equal a personal attack.

Vince said:
John, this isn't hard - it clearly had a line of reasoning behind it. Lets think about what my post actually said before you deleted it...

Because by your logic I should question the contents of the Miller clip on top of why the site hosted it? Give me a break.

How is it a personal attack if everything is quoted and attributed to a source you posted? My sarcasm with a line like, "I'd be proud of myself if I were you" doesn't equal a personal attack.

Vince, look up non sequitur. Unless you're suggesting the site altered the contents of the clip you're barking completely in the outfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back