Would you be interested in a "last" editorial?

Is it worth it to write such an editorial?

• Probably, but if it's too long, don't hope for me to read it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know.

• No, it wouldn't matter to write such a thing.

• No, why would I want to read something written by YOU? Pfff... Get lost already!

• Total voters
Uttar, did you honestly expect anything but a resounding YES from this crowd? :)

I'll throw in my "Yes, please," too.

Pete said:
Uttar, did you honestly expect anything but a resounding YES from this crowd? :)

I'll throw in my "Yes, please," too.

Well, we still got 3 "no" :p
Plus, I figured it might give me an idea of where some of the common errors are about what's happening. Talking of that... ;)

WaltC: True, that happens. But in my case, I know some of the stuff I leaked resulted in the termination of at least one employee at the personal order of a very high-ranked NVIDIA marketing employee. So unless NVIDIA is sufficently vile to use that as excuse to fire innocent people and reduce their workforce in this time of crisis... I doubt what you say is always the case.

Sage: Well, the person I'm thinking of IS a professional writer ;) Thanks anyway though :) I'm not sure he'll have the time to do a full checking of the thing, but for other reasons too, I want him to be among the first to check it.

Uttar

Uttar:
Sorry to see you go, always liked your articles & other contributions.
But it's understandable, there's more to life, e.g. more important then GPUs.

On topic:
Write up whatever you want, I really couldn't choose between the topics you offered.

Cheers & all the best,
Mac

Uttar said:
Agreed. I know someone who, I hope, will accept to check it.

Count me among those who would be pleased and honored to copyedit your work, Uttar. Your voice is important to the community.

Uttar said:
WaltC: True, that happens. But in my case, I know some of the stuff I leaked resulted in the termination of at least one employee at the personal order of a very high-ranked NVIDIA marketing employee. So unless NVIDIA is sufficently vile to use that as excuse to fire innocent people and reduce their workforce in this time of crisis... I doubt what you say is always the case.

Damn. I've always thought that there's no such thing as an "accidential leaks"?!? Guess I've read too much into situations, but I've really thought that 99.5% of all 'leaked' information is being leaked with very deliberate intention?

Please, by god, do write it all out! This is really, really interesting!

- Tom

The latest post on GPU:RW says it'll take a week or two for the editorial.

Uttar said:

Are you saying they knew for a fact a particular employee leaked info to you, and so fired him? If so, that's certainly not your fault. These guys know the score when they take these jobs. You leak-you're fired. If that's the case then I imagine if he hadn't leaked to you he'd have leaked to someone else. Unless you took him to dinner and drugged his drinks and plied him with cheap scotch and call girls until he loosened up and spilled his guts into your tape recorder (along with the meal), I'd say your conscience is clean...:)

But if you're saying they had no idea who leaked the info you are talking about but decided to start firing people on General Principle because the info got out "somehow," and you know they fired the wrong person, that just means the guy's boss was an idiot and he's probably better off working somewhere else anyway. Again, not your fault, IMO. Perhaps, too, the boss had it in mind to fire the guy anyway and just used your info as a pretext. Or perhaps the guy got fired for some other reason altogether and told you that as it is was less embarrassing. Just speculating.

It might be interesting for your article if you'd speculate on what it is you think motivates employees to risk their jobs by leaking sensitive company info they know better than to leak.

Back