With all this talk of "pipes" lately...

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
...a funny thing happened to me when I went to get some bleach last night at CVS.

CVS was out of bleach, which was totally unacceptable since I needed bleach since I still am having a bit of problems convincing the puppies that my hallway is not a bathroom.

I get into my car dreading going to Jewel or Ultra, I HATE going to a full-blown supermarket for just a bottle of bleach, when I notice the 24 hour convenience store across the street that I've just never been to since I avoid 24 hour convenience stores due to their normal 500% mark-up.

But it was just a bottle of bleach, so I swung over. (More like screeched, but I was in the Z and it was right by the Highland police station and a few guys were out front....they like me and we play a bit.)

Not only was a gallon of bleach under $2, but as I was checking out I looked thru the glasstop counter and saw a mini-headshop display of pipes, one-hits, screens, papers, clips, and mini-bongs. The words, "you sell pipes?!?!", came out of my mouth all by themselves as I was in shock and the guy behind the counter laughed and said, "you didn't notice the hookas and bongs behind the counter yet, did you?".

I looked more carefully at the product laden display behind him and counted no less than 4 different size 4 lead hookas that looked pretty nice, as well as some knock-off 2-3 foot Graphixs. :oops:

I couldn't even speak, I was just shocked silly.

The guy was cracking up looking at me and read my reaction perfectly. He just said, "we stock what people ask us for and what they buy, and no one has hassled us about carrying it....we just don't advertise it real big".

There is a stealth headshop less than 1/2 mile from my house. :oops:

(Oh, I picked up a pipe that was on sale and some screens is the whole "pipe" tie-in....I felt obligated and the experience was kewl.)

digitalwanderer said:
Not only was a gallon of bleach under $2
You americans always have to do things bigger than everybody else! :LOL:

A gallon of bleach... Jeez. Here bleach is sold in like, half-liter bottles... Then again, we don't cover the floors our entire house with carpet either like you anglos are so fond of doing, so maybe we don't need as much of it either. :D

No carpets really anymore, I've been pulling 'em all and replacing 'em with Pergo.

Mopping is a hella lot easier than steam cleaning, and muchly more sanitary.

Guden Oden said:
digitalwanderer said:
Not only was a gallon of bleach under $2

A gallon of bleach... Jeez. Here bleach is sold in like, half-liter bottles... Then again, we don't cover the floors our entire house with carpet either like you anglos are so fond of doing, so maybe we don't need as much of it either. :D
I'm fond of the fact that not only is everything super sized, but also in 40 different varieties. "Lemon scented bleach" "Spring Fresh bleach" "Bleach with bleach enhancing additives!" and so on. :D

.Sis

Sis said:
I'm fond of the fact that not only is everything super sized, but also in 40 different varieties. "Lemon scented bleach" "Spring Fresh bleach" "Bleach with bleach enhancing additives!" and so on. :D
All available under 3 different brand names as well as a generic & store brand, not to mention the new gel form.

Gods bless America! :D

Guden Oden said:

A gallon of bleach... Jeez. Here bleach is sold in like, half-liter bottles...

Buying in bulk is better for the environment, less packaging. All other things being equal there's about 20% less packaging material in a 1 litre bottle than 2 half-litre bottles. That's less material in manufacture, and less fuel used in distribution.

Personally I prefer to buy most non-perishable stuff including household biochemical warfare agents in the largest packs available, firstly because of the lower packaging to contents ratio, and secondly because I'm lazy and forgetful, so on average I'm less likely to have run out of washy powder when I need to do an emergency undies wash.

nutball said:
Personally I prefer to buy most non-perishable stuff including household biochemical warfare agents in the largest packs available, firstly because of the lower packaging to contents ratio, and secondly because I'm lazy and forgetful, so on average I'm less likely to have run out of washy powder when I need to do an emergency undies wash.
I don't just buy the largest packet anymore, I've gotten into buying multiple large packets and stocking up....my garage is turning into a larder but it's hella convenient!

Back