Witcher 2

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Operation Mindcrime, Sep 18, 2009.

1. suryad

Veteran

So yeah the story just keeps getting better and better. I am in Vergen right now...followed Iorveth's path. Kind of felt like I wanted to side with the Squirrels since they seem to be mighty oppressed and they are fighting for a free state where there's no racism and all that. Is it just me or is the EE edition a HUGE step up in graphics because the town is absolutely staggeringly amazing looking at 2560 x 1600 on a 30 inch monitor? Just wow.

2. green.pixel

Veteran

Five months late but nevermind - http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/03/08/cd-projekt-will-never-use-drm-says-ceo/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Witcher 2: How CD Projekt sold over 1M copies of their PC exclusive game - and how you can, too.

Interesting numbers. I would like to know how many units sold in Europe were via DD. I'm guessing it's the reverse of NA situation.

Edit: I'm an idiot, it's easy to calculate. If 70% of NA sales are digital, that's 188790 units. Out of total 1M, 24% is 240K, 240K-188790=51210. There are 764900 units sold in Europe, out of those 51210 is 6,69%. So less than 7%, a surprisingly low number.

Edit #2: Wrong, it's 51210 for the rest of the world so It's actually 6,14% for all other countries.

#742 green.pixel, Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2012
  3. homerdog

homerdog donator of the year
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

I just built my new PC and went to revisit Witcher 2. With the GTX670 and a 1440x900 monitor I can obviously run with everything maxed including ubersampling with no problem.
    However, no matter what I do there is this weird hitching that isn't registered by fraps but is massively intrusive and makes the game unplayable. I mean it is horrifically bad.

Even on my old PC with a C2D and GTX260 I could play it better than this.

P.S. I'm not the only one and it's not an NVIDIA specific problem
    http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33977782
    http://www.gog.com/en/forum/the_witcher_2/slight_stutter_hitch_with_vsync_enabled/post2

4. Kyyla

Veteran

I guess Nvidia has driver problems too.

5. Arwin

Arwin Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
    Moderator Legend

I seem to be having similar problems with my GTX550Ti ... only at a really low resolution it seems smooth mostly, but at native screen res, even if I kill all typical performance hogs in the settings, I have exactly the type of issues you describe. Using autodetect for settings doesn't help either.

Pity, because I just bought the game. Can't manage to get it running in 3D yet either with 3DTV Play/3D Vision.

6. szymku

Regular Newcomer

Have you tried switching to maximum performance in your windows Control panel/Power options? IRC, it helped in my case... (or switching off Intel Speed Step in Bios)

7. Arwin

Arwin Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
    Moderator Legend

Good tip! My DirectX10 PassMark rating went up from 13.3 to 34.5 frames per second ... !

8. szymku

Regular Newcomer

Not sure if sarcasm... :smile:
    Did it help with the game?

9. Vardant

Newcomer

10. Silent_Buddha

Legend

Will that be an official patch on the game? I'm assuming so since he's a CD Projekt Red guy, but the post isn't clear on whether it's official (icons not changing, special effects not adjusted).

Perhaps I'll actually bother to get past the first act if this is official. :)

Regards,
    SB

11. I.S.T.

Veteran

It's a mod. The guy did a similar mod for Witcher 1, actually.

12. Lightman

Veteran Subscriber

Just in time for my pending replay :D
    Thanks for link!

13. TheAlSpark

TheAlSpark Moderator
    Moderator Legend

hm... I think I left off at Act II on my second run. I have to start over, don't I? No biggie (considering all the changes). Heck that was last August I last played it anyway. :p

Any other mods I should look at? Are they stackable?