Wireless keyboard & mouse -combo

Miksu

Regular
I'm thinking of buying wireless keyboard and mouse. Any recommendations? These would be used for gaming so accuracy is important. Also the link should work from 3 meters so I'm thinking I need to buy bluetooth devices?

This far I've used MX500 and it's really good mouse so something similiar would be nice. Keyboard, I think, is more problematic. Some (most?) of the new keyboards seems to have a crappy "max 3 simultaneous keys are registered".

Logitech MX1000 for the mouse fer sure, I'm so ridiculously in love with mine that it isn't funny.

(If Logitech made an RF UltraX keyboard I think I'd be in heaven, but I can live with the corded keyboard for now. )

Umm, I'm not sure if this makes me hardcore or not. I suspect not! I recently bought Logitech (wanted MS, but their lazy asses don't make any good products in this range! and bring back Elite you foolchimps! the CURVE is not a bloody ergo keyboard!) "MX3000 desktop" and it's quite enough for me. It was just under $50 at amazon (we get free shipping option, $75 US/yr) including a rebate. It works across the LR -- a small LR, about seven feet tops, and also works through the bedroom wall (though that's a shorter distance, maybe 5 feet). The apt's tiny so I haven't tested it any further than that. No errors playing games yet. Has more "features" than I'd like, but the range is purported to be better than cheaper logitechs and wasn't much more expensive with the rebate.

I bought the Logitech bluetooth combo (had a thread about it a while ago in this forum). Still have troubles with lag if the distance is bigger than 3m or so. Other than that, it's very nice.

For gaming, I'd recommend Logitech Media Mouse, it's not bluetooth but has rock-solid 4m range with 800dpi and is very comfortable and packed with features.

Well I've got Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 6000. Stay away from it, if you want accuracy for gaming.

Back