Windows tablets

ill check my vaio tap 11 after i get it back from service center. Im starting to doubt my memory lol.

btw there's rumor about Surface Pro 4 will be cheaper than Surface Pro 3. I wonder, it is really cheaper or MS simply add even lower specced Surface.

btw there's rumor about Surface Pro 4 will be cheaper than Surface Pro 3. I wonder, it is really cheaper or MS simply add even lower specced Surface.
Or hopefully add more configurations. I do not need the i5. I do need a 256GB SSD and 8GB of RAM.

yeah i3 with more ram and storage will be nice.

but whatever it will be, i wont be ever able to lay a hand on it. MS did not have any distribution channel here for everytheing except Lumia/Nokia.

Microsoft just bought n trig the makers of the stylus tech in the surface pro 3. So it looks like with MS money they can become a serious Wacom competitor and perhaps we will see this tech in more windows tablets since ms can liscense it out for a cheaper amount perhaps

Yups, ms will bring positive change to ntrig.

Vaio tap 11

Before surface pro 3. The ntrig is buggy and only work on 32 bit apps.

After surface pro 3. Generic driver update is released, more stable, works on 64 bit apps

hey Ntrig's website has been updated with Microsoft flavors.

i think this is the only face-lift they ever have :D

whoops my windows tablet finally back in hand after in service by Sony since Dec 2014. Finally they just resit the wifi module and it back alive. The funnies thing is, the invoice they gave me

wvrpT5A.jpg

lol

btw anybody here with surface pro 3? did you use it for gaming?

Surface pro 3 is fine for gaming , neogaf has a thread about it . however you will start to be thermaly throttled. So it performs slightly worse than the sp2

Any Surface Pro is great for gaming... through In-Home Streaming.

I'm about to buy a winphone, namely a lumia 435, as my Huawei ascend y55o is no longer working properly since it dropped out of my hand flat on a big tile :-x It is sold 59Euros! Quite a sweet deal for a smartphone. I'm more a Android person but I've to say that Winphone are doing incredibly in the low end (it is a really sad matter of fact that the lumia 535 touch issue tarnishes the picture).
I don't get why Microsoft never pushed winphone to tablets, might not be fit for 9 or 10 inch tablets but it would certainly work for 6-8 inch devices.
Especially as Google repositioned its Nexus line of products in higher price bracket it really is a missed opportunity for MSFT imho.
The surface line is not a fitting product as it leaves MSFT with no presence either in the low-end or the mid-end segment.

It is weird that the closest thing to a Nexus 7 in Microsoft line is in fact the Lumia 1320 which is a good device, cheap too, yet MSFT could gain more traction by having a product positioned at an even lower price. Whether MSFT goes with ARM or X86 they need their Nexus 7 (2012) moment, a device that offers incredible value for the price.
WInphone is known or often described as an "easy" OS they could have tried to positioned for kids too like amazon did with its late kindle(s).

@eastmen what did you do with 10 hp 7 streams? O_O

local multiplayer ledt4dead?

Just in case I want to use it more than once....

Na , $50 bucks they make great gifts. I load up Disney movies and tv shows and my nieces and nephews and younger cousins get a $50 tablet instead of their parents wasting $500 on an ipad.

Those Stream 7 devices are not bad but tablets (especially tiny ones) would be better served by an OS like windows phone, vanilla Windows 8 Schizophrenia is not helping microsoft cause, not too mention it comes with an overhead in cost.

Last edited:
Those Stream 7 devices are not bad but tablets (especially tiny ones) would be better served by an OS like windows phone, vanilla Windows 8 Schizophrenia is not helping microsoft cause, not too mention it comes with an overhead in cost.

I hate to use Windows Phone OS on a tablet of any standard size. Thank goodness Microsoft didn't make that choice. I'd much rather have access to anything I might want to put on the device. And have the ability to run it as a full desktop when hooked up to a monitor or TV.

IMO, I'd much rather have full Windows on a phone than a phone OS on a tablet.

Regards,
SB

I hate to use Windows Phone OS on a tablet of any standard size. Thank goodness Microsoft didn't make that choice. I'd much rather have access to anything I might want to put on the device. And have the ability to run it as a full desktop when hooked up to a monitor or TV.

IMO, I'd much rather have full Windows on a phone than a phone OS on a tablet.

Regards,
SB
I guess this is in part a matter of opinion but it is not crazy to assert that tablets are foremost recreative devices, in that context whatever vanilla Windows brings on the table is irrelevant to most of those users. Plain Windows is an obvious choice for hybrid, 2 in 1, type of product and quality products (ala surface) meant to double as productivity devices.
I'm not sure what you mean by any standard size but for me 6-7-8 inch devices are different beasts than 10 inch and more devices, most mobile OS does not make a good use of later devices screen real estate (Apple made the right move with iOS9), Windows phone/mobile is no worse than its competitor on that front.
As an aside, when did you get to use windows phone on a tablet of any size so you hate it so much? There are no available products...

What I can tell for real experience toying with devices in shop is that having access to deal with the "desktop" (/vanilla windows or RT) on any tiny keyboard-less device is far from what I would deem convenient (understatement period) and from the type of use I envision for a tablet.
If it comes to Windows (which I can't live without) I would chose a good choose a laptop over any type of tablet or hybrid solution every day, personal bet as nowadays netbook are delivering now the experience they could not deliver years ago more and more customers will move away from hybrid solutions.

Now lets not be manicheans, that doesn't mean that all hybrid devices have to necessarily disappear, exactly as there is absolutely nothing that prevents Microsoft from shipping Windows and windows mobile devices.

Last edited:
Yes, because Windows RT worked so well... :rolleyes:
Windows RT is not windows phone, it was mess that confused customers and that allowed access to a "desktop" both inconvenient on a touchscreen device and deprived of X86 programs on top of it... a dirty trick for lots of casual customers...
To add to the disaster Windows RT devices were quite expensive compared to the competition (letting aside the lack of apps).

Back