GPD Win Max 2

eastmen

Legend
Supporter

2 SSD slots, 1x 2280, 1x2230 - 2 SD slot, 1x full SD, 1x MicroSD - LTE (optional) - Camera - HDMI + 3.5mm Headphone Jack - Touchscreen with active pen support for 4096-level pressure sensitivity; compatible with surface pen - 2 Rear user-mappable buttons (like win3) - 2x USB-4, one with eGPU support (Intel via TB4, AMD via USB4) - 3x USB 3.2 with 10GB/s - 16/32 GB LPDDR5 Ram (Intel - 5200MT/s, AMD - 6400MT/s) - 10.1 inch native landscape narrow bezel display 1600p set at 1200p within windows - HALL Sensor Analog sticks - Analog Triggers - 3+3 6-axis gyroscope - Magnetic covers for game controllers - Fingerprint reader power button - 4 speakers (front and side firing) - 65 wh battery (edited)

Really sexy device and the 6800u version should be really nice. 32 gig option is pretty sweet also. I would still rather a more steam deck/ aya neo/ switch design than netbook design however

I find myself looking at these from time to time. Something with a proper keyboard and full Windows appeals a lot more than Switch/SteamDeck formfactor devices.

What a lovely little laptop. I've always loved mini/sff PCs. The magnetic controller covers are a neat idea.
Me too, her since I first had a Psion Series 5 and later a HP Jornada 720, I've loved the idea of a compact device with decent keyboard. These latest GPD devices are a long way from those EPOC32 and WindowsCE/HPC operation systems devices but they appeal as somebody who travels a lot, and GPD is probably one of the few companies I trust to design a decent machine. They've been making variations of compact devices with a focus on gaming for years and years.

Such a beautiful design. Loved mine. It's 25th anniversary this year!
I had a Series 5 (black) then got the Series 5MX (silver). I was really disappointed when Psion dropped that form factor, which is what drove me to HP and Microsoft's HandheldPC OS because finally making the jump to a proper Windows. That move to a colour screen was nice though. :yes:

Nice little device, better looking and smaller than the enormous steam deck, but twice the Price saddly

They are really nice devices but the cost is extremely high esp for a sector that is moving really fast. In 2024 if not 2023 we will see rdna 3 based ultra portable based machines. In 2024/25 we will likely see rdna 4 machines. It's hard to justify putting so much money down on a device to have marginal better experience than th steam deck

The pricing is getting much better vs older generations of the GD wins.

I am glad to see this and the other handhelds getting more competitive compared to the steam deck

They are really nice devices but the cost is extremely high esp for a sector that is moving really fast. [...] It's hard to justify putting so much money down on a device to have marginal better experience than th steam deck
Very much me, really like these devices (or at least the idea of them) with the PSP/PSVita form being especially great. However spending circa 1k on hardware I'm not sure I'll use that often and that'll be significantly outperformed in 2 years is something that makes me very apprehensive. But we're at a point where you can competently play a wide variety of PC games and have a near comprehensive emulation machine in your pocket (if they're big enough for the deck!), we're living in the future. The GPD Win 3 looks like a knockoff handheld in comparison to the 4 so great work from them all around:

Very much me, really like these devices (or at least the idea of them) with the PSP/PSVita form being especially great. However spending circa 1k on hardware I'm not sure I'll use that often and that'll be significantly outperformed in 2 years is something that makes me very apprehensive. But we're at a point where you can competently play a wide variety of PC games and have a near comprehensive emulation machine in your pocket (if they're big enough for the deck!), we're living in the future. The GPD Win 3 looks like a knockoff handheld in comparison to the 4 so great work from them all around:

I use my steam deck almost every day. A lot of times my wife and I are just chilling on the couch watching youtube or a show she may be more interested in than I am and it allows me to play some games .
I def think the steam deck is worth $400-$500. I am not sure if these other devices are worth the $800 + even if they are smaller. My guess is with the cluster that is Rdna 3 valve might just wait for 4 and will ilkely address some of the things i'd want tthem to do. But you can read about that in the steam deck thread lol

Nice little device, better looking and smaller than the enormous steam deck, but twice the Price saddly

the GPD Win Max -specially this one 'cos of the keyboard- and Aya Neo are much closer to my ideal mobile PC than the Steam Deck, which never appealed to me -price aside-.

the GPD Win Max -specially this one 'cos of the keyboard- and Aya Neo are much closer to my ideal mobile PC than the Steam Deck, which never appealed to me -price aside-.

If you've tried it and didn't like it, or really crave portability, fair enough. I would say that for about the house portability, the Deck's much better in person than a photo of it parked next to a PSP would suggest.

If you've tried it and didn't like it, or really crave portability, fair enough. I would say that for about the house portability, the Deck's much better in person than a photo of it parked next to a PSP would suggest.
alas I haven't tried it, it's just the keyboard and the design, small size, that I like better, although the 2560x1600 screen is overkill for such a device. This is the main flaw I find with it.

Last edited:
Back