Wii Owners: Fall/Winter Shopping List

Sure they can. 'HAHAHAH aren't gays funny?!??' (Which isn't that unusual for Japanese games.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I grabbed:

Rabbids Go Home
New Super Mario Bros Wii
Dawn of Discovery
Little King's Story
Muramasa
LostWinds: Winter of the Melodias
PunchOut
EDIT: Swords & Soldiers

Last edited by a moderator:
The game looked fab, but there was one feature in the videos I've seen that really bugged me which was the half-second pause whenever anyone got hit. The result was frequent interruptions to the flow of the game. Is that still in?

The game looked fab, but there was one feature in the videos I've seen that really bugged me which was the half-second pause whenever anyone got hit. The result was frequent interruptions to the flow of the game. Is that still in?

Good question. So far I've only played it by myself. It's a really solid mario game. I'm a big fan of Mario Galaxy, but there's something about 2D mario (most likely nostalgia) that really makes you excited to play it.

I have not noticed at all but we have varying skill levels playing at the same time on our family game nights which probably mitigates the issue.

If you haven't picked up Batman The Brave and Bold it is actually a lot of fun as is Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions

I'm holding out on grabbing Just Dance 2 because I am hoping I can get my Kinect issues sorted, if not then I'll be getting Just Dance 2 in lieu of Dance Central.

Donkey Kong Country Returns
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Epic Mickey

There's a couple of arcade Metroid's coming out this holiday, not sure which but my son's been yapping at me about them. I guess I should listen once and a while.

Epic Mickey
I'll be very interested how well this does on Wii, being a mild departure from what we associate the console demographic's taste to be, and a 'proper' game with significant IP. What will it make of the 80 million strong install base?

I'll be very interested how well this does on Wii, being a mild departure from what we associate the console demographic's taste to be, and a 'proper' game with significant IP. What will it make of the 80 million strong install base?

I THINK I read when Disney was taking over Marvel when I was deciding if I was voting for or against the merger (Marvel shareholder) that Disney does well or very well on Wii but I could be way off-base. I'll have to do some checking on that. I'm actually more interested in how Donkey Kong will do.

Epic mickey. I wasn't fully sold on it , but i played it for a good 40 minutes at comic con and went to the comic con panel. So i'm very happy.

I have Kirby's Epic Yarn already preordered. Looking into the premium Epic Mickey bundle and also the Goldeneye game (perhaps will give the premium with Classic Controller Pro as a gift). Also Donkey Kong country Returns is looking sharp.

Back