Why top posting is bad

In the vast majority of the cases I have already received all other posts in the thread already. It's relatively rare that I get forwarded a long discussion I haven't participated in. I don't find the reverse reading much trouble in that case, but more importantly, I'd rather be inconvenienced on a monthly basis than on a daily basis.

In the vast majority of the cases I have already received all other posts in the thread already.
Even a few is enough.
... but more importantly, I'd rather be inconvenienced on a monthly basis than on a daily basis.
Strangely enough, not being inconvenienced on a daily basis is my argument for bottom posting :D

Why is there top posting at all? It's counter to the natural reading pattern and having the quotes go like normal means you can just as easily lightning scroll to the bottom and read that last quote. Meaning no time wasted and the flow is exactly as you would read it. Top posting then saves no time but is the exact opposite of the way you read. You can't support top posting because it never makes sense, ever.

Back