Why is it ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "FUD" was created by Sony themselves stating that game costs would be increased allowing imaginations to run wild. Everybody was all over the place with estimates and using pre-order prices as examples. It wasnt some plan hatched by Microsoft Fanboys as im sure you'd like to believe.

And we arent talking about the community at TeamXbox. We're talking about people here at a website off the beaten track. The fact that you would even compare the fanaticism which dominates the xbox.com websites or the PS3.com websites is actually a little bit of an insult to B3D and a little bit ignorant. If someone made a thread about Gears at xxxxps3.com you know full well what would happen so honestly i fail to see your point in even bringing it up. Its certainly not a defense for peoples attitudes here.

Its not ignorant when some people act like xbots dont exist.

Remember this thread is about bias towards Sony. Therefore making comparisons to MS is logical.

I disagree but its not me that needs to go read threads. Numerous people got negative rep in PS3 threads, while the system was still in place, for very simply questioning the buzz around a screenshot. Thats exactly the type of disrespect im talking about. These threads include ones about Killzone and Heavenly Sword in my recent memory. Since you attempted to give me some asinine assignment (which of course i dont have time for) i'd ask the same of you. Go through the 30 largest threads and find the ones with the most people going

"why did i get negative rep for asking about the shadow quality?" or something to that respect.

Well being someone of your apparent "affinity" I wouldn't expect you to have had the same experience for saying something similar about a game on another platform, in another thread (of which many around here have..)

I'm not going to say any more than that since I can't speak for everyone.. But as Carl B stated, it's more of an issue of the minority skewing [the representation of members with a particular platform affinity] from those with differing interests than the majority.. Whether it be PS3, Xbox360 or Wii enthusiasts..

Now can you tone down the generalisations and labelling lest this thread too becomes a battle ground..

Alright well since you failed to read.

What was wrong about what i said exactly in the above? I'll ask you to pay very close attention to the fact that i never once directly compared the power of the consoles hardware. Didnt even hint at it. Again you cherry picked a few words and as a result blinded yourself to what i actually said which is simply that, its the games that matter and that hardware superiority doesnt automatically make a vastly superior game. If a game is great i give all credit to the devs, and i think i made that very clear. And again you proved my point about what PS3 fans do perfectly.

Excellent post, and this is a problem that people just choose a couple of words in the posts and builds up their own sentence taking things out of context. And how difficult is it to follow a conversation from the beginning by following the trail to the start of the conversation. :???:

What was wrong about what i said exactly in the above? I'll ask you to pay very close attention to the fact that i never once directly compared the power of the consoles hardware. Didnt even hint at it. Again you cherry picked a few words and as a result blinded yourself to what i actually said which is simply that, its the games that matter and that hardware superiority doesnt automatically make a vastly superior game. If a game is great i give all credit to the devs, and i think i made that very clear. And again you proved my point about what PS3 fans do perfectly.
That's actually not what you said..

You actually said that the PS3 doesn't have sufficient power to make the games any better (whether specifically or generally.. that part was ambiguous) than on the 360..

Technically this simply isn't true (especially with the PS3s capacity for physics and CPU intensive processing)..

Maybe you need to work on concise, verbal expression so that you don't put your point across in a way thats easily misread..

Its not ignorant when some people act like xbots dont exist.

Remember this thread is about bias towards Sony. Therefore making comparisons to MS is logical.

I dont think anyone said they dont exist, however if you have to point to an xbox.com website to find them dont you think that sort of proves what i said? That PS3 fanatics are more predominate? archangelmorph honestly proved that perfectly, and im not trying to insult him, but i made a comment about the talent of devs being more important then the consoles power, specifically citing the PS3, and he took it like i made an insult toward the PS3 itself. I dont honestly see that same sort of defensiveness when it comes to Xbox fans often if ever here. Im sure that ignorance exists at xbox.com sites but thats exactly why i dont hold accounts or post/read there ;).

That's actually not what you said..

If you say so. In any case i'll let it stand and others reading can make their own judgement.

That PS3 fanatics are more predominate? archangelmorph honestly proved that perfectly, and im not trying to insult him, but i made a comment about the talent of devs being more important then the consoles power, specifically citing the PS3, and he took it like i made an insult toward the PS3 itself. I dont honestly see that same sort of defensiveness when it comes to Xbox fans often if ever here. Im sure that ignorance exists at xbox.com sites but thats exactly why i dont hold accounts or post/read there ;).

I find it interesting that not only do you label me a PS3 "fanatic" (even though I don't own one) but you assume that because I contend with any statement you make then i'm immediately insulted and attempting to defend my post??

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

That's amazing!

Maybe you should learn to not judge individuals based on a single point of contention in the context of a single discussion in future.. Lest others begin to do the same to you..

I dont think anyone said they dont exist, however if you have to point to an xbox.com website to find them dont you think that sort of proves what i said? That PS3 fanatics are more predominate? archangelmorph honestly proved that perfectly, and im not trying to insult him, but i made a comment about the talent of devs being more important then the consoles power, specifically citing the PS3, and he took it like i made an insult toward the PS3 itself. I dont honestly see that same sort of defensiveness when it comes to Xbox fans often if ever here. Im sure that ignorance exists at xbox.com sites but thats exactly why i dont hold accounts or post/read there ;).

If you say so. In any case i'll let it stand and others reading can make their own judgement.

Seriously, what kind of comment is this? I love the way you try to 'other' people who like the PS3 and label them 'fanatics'. I could quite easily (and rightfully in this context) do the same with you, but I wont bother because this isnt some cyber playground.

It's over.

Let's all try and focus on watching our own behavior rather than that of others; if we self-monitor, we'll all be better off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back