Why is it ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wco81

Legend
that the PS3 game threads in general have more replies and page views than X360 ones?

There are several PS3 game threads with well over 100 replies and tens of thousands of views. Meanwhile, even the vaunted Halo 3 threads have a fraction of the traffic.

Of course, Halo3 will outsell every game this fall.

Last time we did a poll of owners of systems on B3D, X360 formed a vast majority IIRC. So you can't necessarily say B3D is unrepresentative of the market at large or that the size of the threads reflects expected relative sales of these games.

Of course, a lot of posts in the PS3 game threads are negative. Too bad there's no easy way to tally what percentage of those are naysayers.

B3D posts aren't given to cheerleading types of posts that you'd see in other forums. In fact a lot of posts here could be characterized as dissection of screens, videos, etc. Is that saying something about PS3 games development, that there seems to be a lot of contention about establishing technical facts?

The PS3 owners/supporters are just more active/plentiful here.

But yeah I've noticed that for a long time.

I also think this forum is more Eurocentric than most, and Sony is more popular in Europe.

Also the technology in PS3 is arguably most..interesting? Cell for example.

Also the technology in PS3 is arguably most..interesting? Cell for example.
I get the impression there are more PS3 games that use interesting techniques, e.g. Lair, Heavenly Sword, LBP etc. I can't really recall that many technological discussions regarding 360 games, except most notably the Forza2 4xAA/tiling debacle. :)
Maybe it has to do with the fact that many 360 games use UE3, whereas PS3 games use custom engines.

Maybe 360 gamers don't ecstaticly write "this is the greatest thing ever" in every 360 related thread, hence long and unnecessary discussions aren't triggered?;)

Maybe 360 gamers don't ecstaticly write "this is the greatest thing ever" in every 360 related thread, hence long and unnecessary discussions aren't triggered?;)

Why most write in the PS3 threads, becouse words like "best ever", "better than CGI", "better than reality", "only PS3 is capable of it" and so on attracts the attention. And if things are not like the comments said then hefty long discussions are created. ;)

Interesting question. I'm pretty sure that it has something to do with the many Europeans who frequent B3D, the power of the Playstation brand and the "mystery" that initally surrounded the RSX and Cell. Many were and are still looking to justify paying mid range PC money for a game console.

Maybe there is sometimes more hype in PS3 threads but also there seems to be some Inferiority complex among X360 owners. :???:

Maybe there is sometimes more hype in PS3 threads but also there seems to be some Inferiority complex among X360 owners

Seeing as how they invade every ps3 topic, that does seem to be the case.

1. Beyond 3d Console forums have always drawn more interest to the PS2, because it was so radically different than the Xbox (which consisted of slightly modified pc parts). Since most dicussions where about the PS2, more people with an interest for Playstation started coming here.

2. A poll done a few months ago showed a very scewed Pro-Sony mentatlity with B3D users, there is roughly as many people who own PS3s as people who own X360s, compared to the real world it shows that there is a lot more Pro-Sony people here than otherplaces. There is also allmost no Wii's compared to the real world.

3. In every semi hyped up PS3 game, sonyboys run around screaming "best ever graphics", and "cannot be done on the inferior X360) bla bla bla. They even scream at you for pointing out that since a screenshot has 16x AA, its not realtime. This leads to more discussions, rather than with hyped up X360 games where people agree it looks pretty aside from bullshot AA, and move on to just talking about the game, which means that trolls and fanboys from other consoles dont have much to talk about.

Seeing as how they invade every ps3 topic, that does seem to be the case.

The same holds true the other way around to if you have not noticed it!

Maybe there is sometimes more hype in PS3 threads but also there seems to be some Inferiority complex among X360 owners.

Hype is used to cover inferiority complex as I see it, becouse what is shown is not good enough. ;)

The same holds true the other way around to if you have not noticed it!

Hype is used to cover inferiority complex as I see it, becouse what is shown is not good enough. ;)

There is no way to deny that there is plenty of stuff shown that`s " good enough" (good enough by who`s standards ?). Some people can`t get over the fact that good stuff gets more attention.

There is no way to deny that there is plenty of stuff shown that`s " good enough" (good enough by who`s standards ?).

The standard is usually what other games (console games) are showing, both released and soon to be released IMO. :smile:

Some people can`t get over the fact that good stuff gets more attention.

True as long as it really is good stuff (which it is in most cases). Reminds me of how flamed Forza 2 got for it's graphics (even called last-gen) and yet the great gameplay was mostly ignored by some. ;)

The standard is usually what other games (console games) are showing, both released and soon to be released IMO. :smile:

OK , I could agree with that. There are some recent multiplatform games that are not good enough...
The most "hype" and discussion is in the topics about 1st party games though.

People troll the Ps3 threads, not so much on the 360 side. I did a poll a while back, there are far more 360 owners around here - so it's not that the PS3 has more support.

Just pick a PS3 exclusive thread and observe how 40% of the replies are from the same 3-4 people who all hate Sony.

Remnant of what used to be sort of a "Cell-fanclub" around here. Used to be every time some dev say how well their game ran on their PS3 dev kit, someone will ask "doesn't that show the power of Cell?" Say something negative about Cell and you get at least 10 quick replies, hitting you with link after link of how great it is.

Edit: just to add that the Sony E3 press conference had 2 pages before it even started, the Nintendo press conference didn't get a single reply until it already started... might have been the same with the MS press conference.

People troll the Ps3 threads, not so much on the 360 side. I did a poll a while back, there are far more 360 owners around here - so it's not that the PS3 has more support.

Just pick a PS3 exclusive thread and observe how 40% of the replies are from the same 3-4 people who all hate Sony.

Do a poll and include PS2 and see what that tells ya.

Like someone said, I think it's th large european population of this site, and their general love for all things playstation.

It's always been a pro-Sony board, but it's only natural, given the gigantic PS2 install base.

Maybe it's just that this is a pro technology board and the PS3 just happens to be the most interesting technology in the market at the moment.

And thats mainly due to the CELL. Personally I find it interesting because that kind of tech has only really been used in academia before now and it's going to be very exciting to see what the mainstream are able to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back