Why are console and PC games segregated

Kyyla

Veteran
Most AA games are multiplatform anyway so I don't see any point in this. We don't have a special forum for X360 exclusives either.

if i remember correctly, the argument was something like this:

"we dont want the PC specific talk that can go very detailed muddying the more general topic of the game (e.g. bug crashes and mods)."

Watching PC gamers discuss high-resolutions, 60 FPS and mods is like garlic and wooden stakes to console gamers' vampirism.

(kdding aside: I also think "gaming" should be united. It's really silly now that almost all non-exclusive AAA titles are multiplatform)

Unite them into One Unity feels more appropriate. Nowadays ps4 also got fps problem and mod support. Heck blops3 also have LAN play on console

Because who wants to read 30+ pages of what driver revision is required to play the game and why you need to give your email address to get new drivers?

Thats what you get on PC game discussions.

:runaway:

It's statements like this that kick off the inevitable PC vs console arguments. I don't think there are any recent PC gaming threads that had 30+ pages of driver revision discussions and if in the extremely rare case such a topic were to be raised in a joint PC/console thread, it could always be separated out of the main game thread. Meanwhile the thread about needing to input an email address to receive driver updates through GeForce experience was if I recall correctly a thread in it's own right and thus would not have had any impact on a specific game thread.

I'd like to see them merged to create greater awareness of the PC master race platform :yep2: Too many console gamers hold the outdated mentality that PC gaming just doesn't exist or that the games are all very different to the console games they enjoy.

It would be hard on moderators though, a seperate sub-forum for PC game technical discussion would need to be created, so there would be two threads for each game regardless. Making sure people post the right things in the right thread would be a pain.

Last edited:
godmode.png

Not only are PC gamers segregated, but we have to sit at the back of the bus. We have to scroll down farther to reach our forum. Even further than mobile. We need someone strong and brave like Rosa Parks to stand up to the man and demand equal rights. Yes it will be a hard fought battle and yes this forums equivalent to the CIA will send pms to our equivalent of Martin Luther King Jr to try to coerce him into committing suicide (aka intentionally doing something to get himself banned). But eventually eventually, we will have a PC gamer in the Whitehouse*!!!! (techically the forums equivalent to the Whitehouse).

Not entirely, otherwise Nintendo would have its own special section.

Back