Who Won E3 2016?

Who Won E3 2016?

• Total voters
That was confirmed? Gutsy. May end up going head to head with ME: Andromeda. Or near enough. March 2017 for ME:A.

IMO, EA is openly lying everyone [mostly their shareholders] when they say ME:A will land in Q1 2017. That ain't happening.

The only one who didn't have a decent showing was Nintendo.

Sony's advantage was delivering on many games. I am disappointed they actually elected to choose fewer games than they had available. Exclusive content has always been their strength and their investment in this regard continues to pay dividends.

No Gravity Rush 2 trailer during the conference? Like... come on. Lol. No Ace Combat trailer either or shown at all is disappointing. Fresh take on God of War is good. Days Gone seems to have good potential, the dramatic tone is good, technology seems good.

Xbox showing was middling. Excellent hardware reveal, particularly strength with UHD BD x HDR support at $299. With the right advertising this can go a long way in holiday season in US.

Beyond that there is not much unexpected. Scalebound still looks rough, but fun. FH3 is more Forza Horizon. Gears looks like more good Gears. Sea of Thieves and Cuphead I think are still the most interesting games console exclusive to Xbox.

Still don't think it was the right time to announce Scorpio. It helps though to keep Xbox fans on board to know what is coming next, but it will be the next reveal at E3 next year or earlier that will really determine how many people are going to aim for it.

The most impressive thing to me was to see Resident Evil going to a FPS view and taking on its survival horror roots again in a true way. The demo is actually incredible and it being available right during E3 is a huge win for CAPCOM. Delivering in PS VR exclusivity, much like Ace Combat. I definitely believe Sony is playing a direct part in influencing Japanese studios to take on VR directly and early and deliver unique content. It is in Sony's and Japanese studios interest to embrace new technology, unlike how most of them faltered heavily in new graphics technology of 7th generation.

All in all a decent show. Sony wins just by virtue of having so much content at their disposal. Their business relationships and strength with Japanese companies and exclusive content, first and third party, is making a difference.

We will see how PS VR does in the future. On VR front there is always a question mark for everything on how well the new platform will do, but there is no doubt that what PS VR has cooking is the probably the strongest lineup currently.

Nintendo... only Nintendo knows. Zelda looks like a Dark Souls x OoT cross though. Not a bad thing I think.

Beyond that there is not much unexpected. Scalebound still looks rough, but fun. FH3 is more Forza Horizon. Gears looks like more good Gears. Sea of Thieves and Cuphead I think are still the most interesting games console exclusive to Xbox.

You missed a few. My most anticipated title from MS's E3 conference was Halo Wars 2 because I'm an RTS player at heart and the first one was pretty good.

My second most anticipated title from MS's E3 was State of Decay 2. That's going to be freaking epic in co-op. State of Decay was already the best zombie horror survival game ever made. Co-op is just going to make it so much better.

Recore also looked interesting. I'm waiting for them to reveal more of the gameplay before making any judgments though. But the concept is interesting, and gameplay looked fun.

We Happy Few is another console exclusive that looks really interesting. Been following it for about 2-3 years now. I thought it was going to be on all platforms, but their website says it's only coming to PC and XBO.

Sea of Thieves is interesting, but I know almost nothing about it other than it looks really fun with a bunch of mates. I don't think it's going to be an MMO, but it sounds kind of like an MMO. And I love MMOs. And it looks absolutely gorgeous, especially when sailing.

Cuphead I've been waiting for since 2013/2014.

I still haven't seen anything from Scalebound that makes me want to buy it though.

Gears should be interesting. Hopefully it's more like Gears 1 and less like the other ones. Gears 1 seemed to invest a lot more into the atmosphere of the game than the next 2 in the series.

Regards,
SB

For serious gaming, Sony wins.

For happy gaming, xbox wins.

For a beautiful game that looks like a painting come to life, Nintendo wins.

Psvr doesn't win because it doesn't show anything with a new "wow".

Sure resident evil vr is new for Psvr. But something like thst has been done multiple times on pc VR right?

Oh and I totally forgot about another XBO console (not platform) exclusive. Inside, by the makers of Limbo. I'd forgotten about it until I started talking to some people about what they were looking forward to from E3. A surprising number of people had that high up on their list of games from E3.

Regards,
SB

Back