Who Won E3 2016?

Who Won E3 2016?

• Total voters

BRiT

(>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
Legend
Supporter
The Poll is now Open. Votes are made public but you're allowed to change your vote. Though the vote options are limited.

Oh. Most definitely. It's also the only correct option.

With all the cross-play and cross-buy and non-exclusive games being released, it's definitely one of the prime eras to be a PC Gamer.

You... you will pay for making me click...

Oh yes, I will have my revenge.

PC has sony's software beat.
You are in the console industry forums. Do not forget Gaben signed the armistice. Do not attempt to break the armistice for we hold each and every one of your AAA titles hostage with our low powered hardware. At the drop of a hat we could rally on petition sites and forum polls and threads demanding 4K that above all else on Scorpio, forgoing other forms of forms of improving visual fidelity, AND THEN YOU GET NOTHING! NOTHING! Image Quality will only slowly creep upwards for the next 5 years despite having vastly superior hardware, all you'll get is SMAAx32 and AF x64 at 4K 60fps and some Nvidia hairworks. No voxel cone tracing for you until PS5/XBoxCloud in 2022. Muwhaahaa

Last edited:
You are in the console industry forums. Do not forget Gaben signed the armistice. Do not attempt to break the armistice for we hold each and every one of your AAA titles hostage with our low powered hardware. At the drop of a hat we could rally on petition sites and forum polls and threads demanding 4K that above all else on Scorpio, forgoing other forms of forms of improving visual fidelity, AND THEN YOU GET NOTHING! NOTHING! Image Quality will only slowly creep upwards for the next 5 years despite having vastly superior hardware, all you'll get is SMAAx32 and AF x64 at 4K 60fps and some Nvidia hairworks. No voxel cone tracing for you until PS5/XBoxCloud in 2022. Muwhaahaa

Bro I got MS on my side now , play anywhere MFer ! Join me in the sun child , you can start by buying xbox one games and then play them as they were meant to be with quad crossfire and multi 4k displays in eyefinity !

The real winner of E3 is my wallet, because I didn't see many games I'm interested in buying. There were maybe one or two games at each of the Microsoft and Sony conferences that I'd actually buy, but I don't have a PS4, so I'm in the clear.

The winner was Sunglasses! I mean did you guys see all the Japanese devs wearing Sunglasses at the Microsoft conference? I'm going out to buy a bunch of Sunglasses before the price soars into the stratosphere due to the demand!

Regards,
SB

Hmmm not sure how to poll on Tapatalk; will get around to this later today.

I felt MS won for mainly making a large attempt at changing the status quo head first.

1: Play anywhere is by far the most important feature that a finally binds console and PC gamers without having to pay twice and be able to pick up where you left off. You can cross play as well. It's hard to see a more important feature than that as being standard, I hope other publishers find the maths to follow a similar route. Perhaps it will lead to significantly more sales. In the end this feature is important even to players that will never game on PC or PC guys never gaming on console because CHOICE is important. How you want to play should never be married with where and whom you can play with!

2: looking for group is probably much more important then people give credit for. There are a great deal of many games that could use a LFG or have a better system in place and to have this globally for any game while you do something else is a pretty important thing. This will certainly up the number of pre-made groups for all games and this is honestly a first for the industry.

If this was out when destiny first revealed its lack of LFG for raids this feature would have been critically acclaimed.

I'm interested to learn more about LFG, will this apply to PC players as well.

3: Making a permanent strategy of committing to what looks like 2 live consoles operating in parallel. Choice is critical and it's important that people can get what they want when they want. Many people for some reason are confused on how this works. Scorpio sits on the upper end of a Digital Foundry article where PC does. And over time it drops to Xbox one levels and a new variant is introduced at the PC performance level. And the cycle continues. You can totally always game on an awesome budget and when you want to. XBO slim today. And upgrade to Scorpio slim in 4 years time. Decided to go PC for one generation? You don't get penalized because your games carry.

4: controllers, well they've been redesigned to work for PC and XB go forward. All controllers are already set to go forward for the next console and PC. That's critical, because no one wants a pile of controllers they need to throw away every 7 years.

That's all I can think of. Many of the titles were great on Sonys side. But they all felt like survival horror to me. Or at least survival, crafting, TPS. It was odd to say but seeing COD infinite was actually refreshing to see after all the stuff in the beginning. Horizon was the only game that really stood out from the pack imo.

And sea of thieves may have something special as well, but not enough was shown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Troll!

LfG and Cross Play/ Ownership may have me considering adding a MS console in the future. I really do want to see the details of how LfG will work though. You can already use your consoles web browser and the site, so it would have to have much greater integration or it is pointless. How do you do this without the assistance of, for example, Bungie for Destiny? If I still have to manually add your name it doesn't really add anything. Has this been shown anywhere?

It's really a toss up to me. Bethesda showed everything I wanted except a new Elder Scrolls, which wasn't going to happen. MS seems to be focusing on their strengths and getting their hardware future setup. Sony's show actually wowed me with gameplay and release dates. I actually say that despite having never played a/ no interest in Final Fantasy, God of War, Horizon: Zero Dawn (I remain skeptical on this one for now), or Yet Another Zombie Horde Game, just with more motorcycles now. Basically I recognize that Sony, again, put up big franchises that get peoples attention. I detested Ubisoft's intro and most of their show and it's focus. Love Tyler but I always hear Lana from archer when I see her elsewhere. EA might actually have been worse. God that was painful.

Disappointments: No new Elder Scrolls. No gameplay footage for Mass Effect and little time spent on it at all. No Destiny news (and no, that reveal stream was a major let down and doesn't count for me. If you are only months from launch, I want gameplay.)

Overall I am mostly happy with what was shown. I didn't expect much from EA or Ubisoft anyway.

Back